IGNORED

No more domestic broadcasts online as of next season

sephjnr

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sure it was posted on here that once Sky have got their mitts on the fixture list, the games will be selected until January.

At which point, you would expect them to pick games based on form/goals/playoffs.

Obviously the moment the rains starts to fall and games get postponed this could all go out the window.

I'm hoping Leeds are on every week (if they don't get promoted).

It's not just about me travelling to games, it's about having to have 12:30pm KOs on either Saturday or Sunday, or 8pm KOs, with fans having to travel to other ends of the country on public transport etc.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sure it was posted on here that once Sky have got their mitts on the fixture list, the games will be selected until January.

At which point, you would expect them to pick games based on form/goals/playoffs.

Obviously the moment the rains starts to fall and games get postponed this could all go out the window.

Correct.  How they approach the second half of the season’s fixture I dunno, but you’d imagine they’d want to do something more proactive / more notice than the current “diary”, as the impact of changes could be greater.

E.g. Assuming they had a Monday night slot, they could schedule all of those well in advance but leave the other slots to a bit nearer the time.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Correct.  How they approach the second half of the season’s fixture I dunno, but you’d imagine they’d want to do something more proactive / more notice than the current “diary”, as the impact of changes could be greater.

E.g. Assuming they had a Monday night slot, they could schedule all of those well in advance but leave the other slots to a bit nearer the time.

how will it impact FA Cup games etc?

With the existing Red Button service it is already an excuse to possibly not bother going (Blackburn looked like the lowest crowd of the season), so the concern is that if they don't get it right next season a fair number of ST holders might decide that a membership offers far better value for money, keeping their cash for occasional games.

Add in the increase away game coverage and a lot of people might get to watch a similar number of games by just following City on telly. (Not everyone streams).

One thing that isn't clear, will be if Sky Stream is going to be available to pubs. The red button was (originally) but then removed.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Won't it largely be an extension of the red button service currently on offer rather than moving more kick off times?

It’s a bit of both. Looking at today’s announcement specifically, you’re correct. The main benefit until now for domestic viewers to use Robins TV rather than red button for games which are available on both was that RTV was multi camera where as the red button coverage is a single camera with no replays, so a very basic service.

From next season, EFL and Sky have agreed that Sky can do multi-camera with replays which for domestic viewers makes RTV / iFollow almost redundant (if you have access to red button) so they’ve made a decision on behalf of the clubs to scrap that option. The claim of over 1000 games mainly comes from the fact that red button is being extended to Leagues 1 and 2 as well as Carabao Cup - for us, very little is changing in this regard. 

However, away from the topic of red button, the number of Championship games on TV per weekend is increasing from 3 to 5 which does increase the likelihood of our games being moved from Saturday 3pm substantially which is the main concern people are having. 

Edited by BCFC101
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not sure I understand the question.  Sorry.

In summary (at simplistic level) for FFP we report our profit & loss to the EFL and are allowed to deduct a few costs, e.g. Depreciation costs, Women's costs, Academy costs.  The resultant figure is our EFL P&S (FFP) “loss” (could be a profit).  Add the 3 years together and hopefully it’s less than £39m.

image.thumb.png.63c3effe0e62d38772e3e65116a807e9.png

Top 3 items likely to go down.  4th item gonna go up by £2-£2.5m.

There will be no allowances for lost broadcasting or gate / matchday or any other revenue losses.  The EFL (member clubs) have agreed that the extra revenue each club receives will more than offset other lost revenue.

Apologies for being thick..................May i please ask what the Football League pool and Solidarity paymen's   are exactly?

Edited by maxjak

• Admin

A little bit I can add, the club are still waiting for confirmation on how the new kick off days and times will impact us, but we are set to get an additional £2.5m from the deal - which clearly makes up for lost attendances

But the assumption is a side will be live at least 20 times over the season

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Remember seeing the original deal details, and thought it alluded to this.

Question becomes whether RTV has enough benefit for overseas (and VPN) alone to continue being its own service or not.

IIRC each clubs’ TV service will be able to show games to international viewers that are also being shown on SKY.  So for example, if our game with Cardiff is selected by, SKY if will also be able available to international subscribers on RTV ( and those with a VPN)

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

A little bit I can add, the club are still waiting for confirmation on how the new kick off days and times will impact us, but we are set to get an additional £2.5m from the deal - which clearly makes up for lost attendances

That's almost seven Tillsons!

Ker-ching

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Will that be when we're playing the 5 "biggest" teams home and away? 😁

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Assuming that's approx 50% home and 50%away, that's an awful  lot of fixtures moved from traditional ko times. (Unless I'm misinterpreting the info)

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

yes but what if a game is moved to Monday night how will that impact cup games?

I’m guessing that the league schedule will be cognisant of the FA cup schedule ie rounds 3 and 4 are weekends, so no issue, and it’s round 5 only that’s midweek, so shouldn’t be scheduling Monday evening games in that week.  I would also think that post Xmas on potential replay weeks they wouldn’t schedule a team to play Monday night, then Friday night, because of the potential need to squeeze in a replay.

For info:

image.png.1656e587957b52eb101db6c49932b758.png

Next season, because of the way the Bank Holidays fall there are 9 midweek rounds, normally there is 8.

image.png.6f42d73bf0a22bba98c300151a7a59ab.png

Hope makes sense.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Apologies for being thick..................May i please ask what the Football League pool and Solidarity paymen's   are exactly?

Football League Pool - TV Money from the EFL’s TV Deal (plus any money from being chosen for Sky Live games)

Solidarity Payments - TV Money from the PL TV Deal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
16 minutes ago, marmite said:

Assuming that's approx 50% home and 50%away, that's an awful  lot of fixtures moved from traditional ko times. (Unless I'm misinterpreting the info)

If we get a Monday, we then move to the following Thursday, if we get a Thursday we then go to the following Sunday etc

When moved we're more likely to be shown

Then flip into one of out opponents being in the above cycle we automatically get moved even though we may not have been originally shown on TV

Thankfully when the fixtures are released in June we will get all fixtures up to FA Cup round 3 weekend in January

• Facepalm 1

We pay £35 a month for Now TV which gives access to all the Sky Sport channels (including red button games) via a Firestick. For the odd game it's £11.99 for a day pass, both options don't involve any contract so it's a potential alternative to Robins TV if that's not available without any financial commitment.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Surely Ashton gate is going to see more empty seats,The club might get the extra £2.5 but who's going to pay on the day at £30 when you can just watch it on TV  it just doesn't make sense. This is one of many reasons I'm not renewing I'm not risking wasting money because I can't get to games especially a Monday night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

If we get a Monday, we then move to the following Thursday, if we get a Thursday we then go to the following Sunday etc

When moved we're more likely to be shown

Then flip into one of out opponents being in the above cycle we automatically get moved even though we may not have been originally shown on TV

Thankfully when the fixtures are released in June we will get all fixtures up to FA Cup round 3 weekend in January

Too late for s/t renewals for people with other commitments though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Modern trends that really irritates "But who is your PL side, or your favoured PL side" (in addition to main side).

I frequenty watch a Sunday Prem League game on Sky hoping both teams lose.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

What about the fans? How does it compensate for the stupid KO times?

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Street red said:

Surely Ashton gate is going to see more empty seats,The club might get the extra £2.5 but who's going to pay on the day at £30 when you can just watch it on TV  it just doesn't make sense. This is one of many reasons I'm not renewing I'm not risking wasting money because I can't get to games especially a Monday night.

Very true, and I am sure the vast majority of EFL clubs will be feeling just like you have written above

Sadly I guess the £2.5m makes owners happier than seeing the money taken in with bigger crowds

As for POTD pricing, that has been raised with the club. . . . .

4 minutes ago, marmite said:

Too late for s/t renewals for people with other commitments though.

I agree,

I am sure someone can answer this but I wouldn't imagine that we had that many 3pm Saturday kick offs this season anyway

The only thing, this is not unique to us or even within any control of our club, this is all down to the EFL / Sky TV

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

What about the fans? How does it compensate for the stupid KO times?

We both know that it is a long time since those that count the pennies gave a shit about supporters

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Meanwhile cricket's county championship is streaming on Youtube; Here's the link for Glos v Yorks. other games are available if you search.

I think I'd rather watch more Temu ads, and be shopping like a billionaire on cheap tat and fake or non-existent Chinese products.