IGNORED

LIECESTER BLOWING IT?

pillred

8 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Excellent away following given the vast distances involved, absolutely.

Home Park was ghostly from the home areas on Easter Monday, though. We outsang them easily all afternoon.

Funny you say that as I thought they were louder and much more behind their team than we are at home, despite their horrendous form.

We also barely made a peep until we scored. After the goal we were good, but certainly didn’t outsing them easily all afternoon.

6 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Think fans of teams in mid-league (I'm not single out any one club name, but in general as a rule) think being at the top of the league, a handful of games to go, and on the verge of promotion to a higher (all right in true terms, the Premier) league is all fun, excitement and a life of leisure.

In fact it's sheer bloody nerves and anxiety for the most part, particularly when you've been part of something that been outside of the aforementioned promotion objective for the best part of 22 years and for the majority of it (we have been so out of touch) looked such an unreachable target, it's almost the club you follow has entered an alternate reality.  

Fans in ‘mid-league’ know all about promotion races in this division as most of us have been there before. We were top of the Championship going into April in 2008 with 5 games to go. Only picked up another 4 points, including losing a crunch clash away to Stoke and missed out. It’s not a foreign concept to us.

8 hours ago, Loderingo said:

Big win for Plymouth.  Looks like 2 out of Hudds, Sheff W and Brum going down now

Blackburn still to face Leeds, Leicester and Coventry, their big game is Sheff' Wednesday at home, play like they did the other night and they'll go down

7 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

In fact it's sheer bloody nerves and anxiety for the most part, particularly when you've been part of something that been outside of the aforementioned promotion objective for the best part of 22 years and for the majority of it (we have been so out of touch) looked such an unreachable target, it's almost the club you follow has entered an alternate reality.  

22? 22?

IMG_3586.gif

Edited by awbb
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Fans in ‘mid-league’ know all about promotion races in this division as most of us have been there before. We were top of the Championship going into April in 2008 with 5 games to go. Only picked up another 4 points, including losing a crunch clash away to Stoke and missed out. It’s not a foreign concept to us.

Feels like a lifetime ago, that I've really forgotten our poor run in that year. Only 13 points from the last 12 games. Oh what could have been!

Screenshot_20240413_074316_Chrome.jpg

• Sad 1

It’s hilarious, I think all fans of the top 4 thought at one stage “we’re pushing each other onto records points totals” but in truth we have all what the bed, there’s no point trying to guess but Leicester having a 17 point lead over us come the new year and being caught has destroyed them 😂

7 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

It’s hilarious, I think all fans of the top 4 thought at one stage “we’re pushing each other onto records points totals” but in truth we have all what the bed, there’s no point trying to guess but Leicester having a 17 point lead over us come the new year and being caught has destroyed them 😂

People never learn. It's the Championship and predictability never reigns. Full of players who are Premier League one week and League 1/2 the next......such as Dominic Hyam on Wednesday (if you haven't seen it you should have a look and try and work out how it is actually possible for someone who plays at the level as CAPTAIN of his club every week to put in that "performance"). Add into the mix that teams right at the bottom have now reached the desperation end of the season and in a league famed for "anyone can beat anyone" it really isn't that surprising what's happening.

FWIW it will be criminal if Farke cannot get Leeds out of this league automatically. Best side seen down the Gate this season by a motorway not a street.........and I include the West Ham and Forest cup sides in that which were about as strong as they could put out at the time anyway.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Loderingo said:

Big win for Plymouth.  Looks like 2 out of Hudds, Sheff W and Brum going down now

And Blackburn , away trips to Leeds and Leicester remaining. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Grey Fox said:

Do you know who Blackburn have away from home in their remaining games?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Is this turning into the worst race for the premiership ever,it’s almost comedy,none of them can win 

It was the best before..3 sides all with a chance of hitting or exceeding 100 points not long ago, Southampton with a huge unbeaten run. They might even wonder about their chances if they win the last 6 and hope a bit.

11 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Appears so. Eerily reminiscent of our inexplicable capitulation in 2003 (and 2008, come to think of it).

I assume you mean 2003/04 when we went top in February then decided to lose 4 of the next 7 matches. Fall into 3rd, QPR giving us countless opportunities to get ahead of them and not capitalising on it and Lee Miller missing a sitter at the County Ground in the final minute..

Then the shitshow of a playoff final.

Yes I might still have PTSD from that season.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Believe it or not there are more exceptions to that rule than match the rule.  Bonkers innit?

Well, I certainly now know one of them :laugh:.

Edited by pillred
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Anyone fancy Southampton to take one of the automatic places? 

Two games in hand and trips to both Leicester and Leeds to come 

Thought this even before last night's result... bonkers

9 hours ago, cidercity said:

**** me I hope you never make a mistake and my grammar may be incorrect but I don’t give a shit.

To be fair to @StGeorge, it was pretty impressive.

There, their and they’re are frequently misused and, in true Eric Morecambe style, @Open End Numb Legs managed to get them all in to one sentence, but not in the right order.

I must say, though, I suspected that he might have done it intentionally, especially as he went one step further with his wear ever.

13 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

To be fair to @StGeorge, it was pretty impressive.

There, their and they’re are frequently misused and, in true Eric Morecambe style, @Open End Numb Legs managed to get them all in to one sentence, but not in the right order.

I must say, though, I suspected that he might have done it intentionally, especially as he went one step further with his wear ever.

The Noddy Holder “school” of spelling!

The Leicester forum (Foxes-talk) is a good read at the moment. If anyone thinks that Manning has had a hard time on this forum they should read the ‘Enzo Out?’ thread. Bearing in mind they’re top of the league with four games to go, the poll shows that 88% think that their manager should be sacked! Even talk of Warnock on there😂

Edited by Scrumpylegs

Just now, Scrumpylegs said:

The Leicester forum (Foxes-talk) is a good read at the moment. If anyone thinks that Manning has had a hard time on this forum should read the ‘Enzo Out?’ thread. Bearing in mind they’re top of the league with four games to go, the poll shows that 88% think that their manager should be sacked! Even talk of Warnock on there😂

Someone's started a thread suggesting they get Nige in for the last 4 games.

• Flames 1

12 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

They've been on the fiddle, so Liecester is probably apt to be fair.

They have collapsed in recent weeks, great to see

What a time to hit patchy form. Highlights how the Championship is such a close league....anyone able to beat anyone.  For me, better than the Prem....(still want to be at the party obvs). 😇

2 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

I can remember playing double headers at the end of season in the District League, but never hepta headers!

6 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

The Leicester forum (Foxes-talk) is a good read at the moment. If anyone thinks that Manning has had a hard time on this forum should read the ‘Enzo Out?’ thread. Bearing in mind they’re top of the league with four games to go, the poll shows that 88% think that their manager should be sacked! Even talk of Warnock on there😂

Is our Seagull posting on there as well? :whistle: :)