IGNORED

LIECESTER BLOWING IT?

pillred

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I only remember one good chance that fell to Vardy which Cooper saved. I thought the Foxes were toothless.

They also had a good chance in first half but overall they didn’t create a great deal 

17 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Big shout out to Plymouth, proper club with great fans.

Hope we’re playing them twice next season.

Excellent away following given the vast distances involved, absolutely.

Home Park was ghostly from the home areas on Easter Monday, though. We outsang them easily all afternoon.

Think fans of teams in mid-league (I'm not single out any one club name, but in general as a rule) think being at the top of the league, a handful of games to go, and on the verge of promotion to a higher (all right in true terms, the Premier) league is all fun, excitement and a life of leisure.

In fact it's sheer bloody nerves and anxiety for the most part, particularly when you've been part of something that been outside of the aforementioned promotion objective for the best part of 22 years and for the majority of it (we have been so out of touch) looked such an unreachable target, it's almost the club you follow has entered an alternate reality.  

I can understand that Leicester result and then some, they're nervous and picked a number of poor results last few weeks.    Strange really, they held their nerve to win the Premier League 7 or 8 years ago while now just can't stand the heat in trying to get back up from the Championship league.      Leeds are anxious too, We're anxious, all three teams must be sick in their stomachs as the final games approach.   

That Plymouth win was great of course but Foxes were just playing their game in hand.    From here on they, us and Leeds start on equal footing.      Neutrals can enjoy this and they will but when you're a part of it (and we're not used to being in an automatic promotion race in the second league by this stage of a season for a long time) it's more anxiety and nerves than fun until if you make it over the line.   

• Like 1

They (Leicester) also bottled CL qualification from a position of strength in particular 2019-20.

Going into lockdown they were very handily placed

To a degree the following year too, but espcislly 2019-20.

I don't wish to bring it back to a certain manager but IMO, Leicester still very much had the culture and strengths in 2015-16 that he and his managerial team helped to instil.

That served them very well in their surge to safety under him in the prior year and his 100+ points a decade ago.

His resources then in the division set against Maresca hmm.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, Pip King said:

God can you imagine if they didn't go up at all. At least they'd be avoiding a points deduction 

Well if they stay down, they would be walking into a potential Embargo and Business Plan which if anything can be more damaging and a Business Plan included targets to hit by March, or it is points as well.

Even if they pass FFP to this year, they may have to as per the protocol arrange some kinda future looking Business Plan with the League which has targets among other things for Player Sales, Amortisation, Wages etc. Limits on expenditure, aim to keep a club compliant etc.

If they sell e.g. Dewsbury-Hall to pass to this year, who do they sell for sufficient Profit by March from the start of 2024-25 Reporting Period. They would be far better served by going up.

Embargo can restrict renewal of existing players but again it depends.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

7 minutes ago, Pip King said:

God can you imagine if they didn't go up at all. At least they'd be avoiding a points deduction 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well if they stay down, they would be walking into a potential Embargo and Business Plan which if anything can be more damaging and a Business Plan included targets to hit by March, or it is points as well.

Even if they pass FFP to this year, they may have to as per the protocol arrange some kinda future looking Business Plan with the League which has targets among other things for Player Sales, Amortisation, Wages etc. Limits on expenditure, aim to keep a club compliant etc.

If they sell e.g. Dewsbury-Hall to pass to this year, who do they sell for sufficient Profit by March from the start of 2024-25 Reporting Period. They would be far better served by going up.

Embargo can restrict renewal of existing players but again it depends.

Right there's the definition of " between a rock and a hard place"!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cidercity said:

**** me I hope you never make a mistake and my grammar may be incorrect but I don’t give a shit.

To be fair I spelt Leicester wrong in the OP, but you made me look like an English professor :laugh:.

• Haha 1