IGNORED

Leverkusen!

Fantastic for them and hopefully they can go the rest of the season unbeaten which I think will be a first.

Amazed Alonso is staying to be honest as how many times will the Liverpool job come up but something very refreshing about him wanting to stay and lead them next year.

25 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Fantastic for them and hopefully they can go the rest of the season unbeaten which I think will be a first.

Amazed Alonso is staying to be honest as how many times will the Liverpool job come up but something very refreshing about him wanting to stay and lead them next year.

Who wants to follow Klopp though? It’s the poison chalice that was following Wenger and Ferguson.

I think Alonso is being very clever avoiding it this time around and they’ll be clamouring for him in 2 years time once the Klopp successor fails. 

• Like 14

35 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Just watched their title clincher, 5-0 vs bremen…  absolutely stunning football, 40 odd game’s unbeaten, wirtz is a world star and got a hat trick,, god help the rest of us if the Germans play like this in the euros!

How many Germans in the Leverkusen team?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

Who wants to follow Klopp though? It’s the poison chalice that was following Wenger and Ferguson.

I think Alonso is being very clever avoiding it this time around and they’ll be clamouring for him in 2 years time once the Klopp successor fails. 

Nailed it

• SC&T Board Members
37 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

The Bundesliga’s Leicester moment. Nice to see. 

Only in as much as they are not Bayern Munich.

There is little love for them in Germany, as they are one of the few clubs to which the 50 +1 rule does not apply. They are 100% owned by the Bayer pharmaceuticals giant, so are hardly an impoverished underdog.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I think it's as simple as Alonso is waiting for his Real dream job - Madrid next summer. 

25 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think it's as simple as Alonso is waiting for his Real dream job - Madrid next summer. 

Yeah could be. 
That’ll be hilarious, if Liverpool want him but he goes to Madrid. Those humble scousers won’t understand, as they think they are the only attraction 

Good to see the Bayern monopoly broken.

It would be nice for football, if a suddenly shining manager at a non elite club was to see it through.

Villas-Boas eventually regressed but might he have stayed at Porto one more hear and tried to take a strong side to make an impact in the CL.

Spalletti took Naopoli to impressive heights last year..resigned.

Other good examples too.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Good to see the Bayern monopoly broken.

It would be nice for football, if a suddenly shining manager at a non elite club was to see it through.

Villas-Boas eventually regressed but might he have stayed at Porto one more hear and tried to take a strong side to make an impact in the CL.

Spalletti took Naopoli to impressive heights last year..resigned.

Other good examples too.

Perhaps it's now our time under Manning??

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yeah could be. 
That’ll be hilarious, if Liverpool want him but he goes to Madrid. Those humble scousers won’t understand, as they think they are the only attraction 

In fairness I think our perception is skewed by the British media too. Liverpool are obviously a massive club but Real are bigger, and for a Spainard who played for them, it's obviously the dream job.

If they get Mbappe this summer too then that team is starting to look pretty tasty! 

The post-match footage of the fans and team celebrating are pretty special. The city will be one massive party tonight.

Also - Xabi Alonso looks so cool all the time. I’m a bit jealous.

Edited by BCFCGav

4 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Just watched their title clincher, 5-0 vs bremen…  absolutely stunning football, 40 odd game’s unbeaten, wirtz is a world star and got a hat trick,, god help the rest of us if the Germans play like this in the euros!

The real question, is does Kane need to move if he wants to see titles…