IGNORED

Bath City - Yeboah

As a young kid playing for a mens team I think would do him good, whatever the style. Just the regular involvement and being in a different environment , being tested while still being able to train with City I think will help him grow. 

The style of football may not be the best, but he will hopefully learning and growing all the time, good experience for a young lad.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Talk Of The Town said:

Watched Bath City yesterday.

i left the game at half time.

The ball spent most of the time 40 feet in the air. Awful long ball football from Bath and Torquay 

Can’t be good for a young players development surely??? 

Better than sitting on the bench for months on end with no hope of getting on. Luckily only one of those two players belongs to us.......................

Edited by Numero Uno

I went to the game too, barely had the ball but seemingly didn’t exactly looked like he wanted it either.. didn’t look like he was enjoying it. The game that confirmed playofffs for them too he didn’t celebrate with the team straight after went to the fans instead 

To Pearson's credit, he gave the lad a decent chance and kept him involved in what seems a fair combination of bench and starts. I'd trust Liam's judgement and we have Tinman seeing him develop under both coaches so Bath is probably his level rather than the Championship - but who knows? He could have a good summer and be part of a big squad where we will have a lot of potential wide players; they cant all make it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

To Pearson's credit, he gave the lad a decent chance and kept him involved in what seems a fair combination of bench and starts. I'd trust Liam's judgement and we have Tinman seeing him develop under both coaches so Bath is probably his level rather than the Championship - but who knows? He could have a good summer and be part of a big squad where we will have a lot of potential wide players; they cant all make it.

Go on then, I’ll bite… Why on earth would you trust Liam’s judgement?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I'm wondering why you trust Liam Mannings judgement over Nigel Pearson who has developed many players over his career? 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

pacify season 3 GIF

13 hours ago, Talk Of The Town said:

Can’t be good for a young players development surely???

The loans like this are more for experiencing the physicality/speed/competitiveness of senior league football over academy football more then anything, needing to take chances when they come because you may not see much of the ball etc, in academy football ‘oh well score it next time’ in league football ‘oh no I may not get another chance and that could cost us dearly’ 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm wondering why you trust Liam Mannings judgement over Nigel Pearson who has developed many players over his career? 

Its from what i've seen in the past 3 years at A.G Clearly a guy in the game for so many years will have more successes than someone new to his trade. But also many more failings. It's like saying Warnock was successful as a manager. Of course he had successes but he had a more than a dozen failings that can be easily forgotten. Someone new like Liam has only had one sign of success (Oxford) and is too you to have failed. My judgement is an opinion just the same as yours. We will have to wait and see

14 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Its from what i've seen in the past 3 years at A.G Clearly a guy in the game for so many years will have more successes than someone new to his trade. But also many more failings. It's like saying Warnock was successful as a manager. Of course he had successes but he had a more than a dozen failings that can be easily forgotten. Someone new like Liam has only had one sign of success (Oxford) and is too you to have failed. My judgement is an opinion just the same as yours. We will have to wait and see

I think the issue with your logic is that failures also help improve your judgement of a player's ability both potential and present.

You don't get better at picking and developing players just by having "hits" - in fact the experience of what doesn't work is just as if not more valuable.

12 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Too young to have failed? What planet are you on he got the arse from MK Dons… I suppose you could argue that he managed to hang in there for just over a year which given what we’ve witnessed to date is quite a feat.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

You said you trusted the judgement of Liam Manning over Nigel Pearson.

This is despite Liam Manning having no body of evidence behind him if developing youth as a manager. 

Just bizarre that you trust his judgement over someone who did have a massive body of evidence of developing youth as a manager. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This is despite Liam Manning having no body of evidence behind him if developing youth as a manager. 

Just bizarre that you trust his judgement over someone who did have a massive body of evidence of developing youth as a manager. 

You seem surprised by his view!!!

Yeboah didn't look anything like ready to me. I was a bit baffled that he was getting so many appearances. Just my opinion obvs

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You seem surprised by his view!!!

Whatever suspicions about Cole Not Gas, he didn't actually say he trusted Manning's judgement over Pearson's - just that he trusted Manning's. W-S-M Seagull (not surprisingly) twisted his words.

• Like 7

Where did he say he trusted Manning over Pearson?

2 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Just wondering what his success at Oxford was that you mention. Please explain ?

24 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Whatever suspicions about Cole Not Gas, he didn't actually say he trusted Manning's judgement over Pearson's - just that he trusted Manning's. W-S-M Seagull (not surprisingly) twisted his words.

Thanks Lev

13 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I'd trust the man who couldn't hack it as a manager in League One to judge player development in the Championship nearly 20 years later.

That's basically what you've just said.

As for Manning, he's had a couple of opportunities with injuries to trust academy players. 

He hasn't once trusted any with a start. He didn't bring through any at Oxford that were not already established.

Neither of them have any track record with recruitment so far, of which January was a complete utter farce, and Tinnion cucked NP with the timing and replacement for Scott.

Not disputing that you could be right - but this summer is huge for them, with all of James, King, Williams, Conway, and possibly Pring at likely to leave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

This really can't be read any other way. 

It'd not twisting it. It's calling it out for what it is. 

He's said that Pearson considered him to be at Championship level. 

He then goes on to say that Manning and Tinnion who he trusts considers him to be at Bath City level. 

That is him heavily insinuating that Pearson was wrong to play him. 

Especially when you factor in the posters posting history. 

To Pearson's credit, he gave the lad a decent chance and kept him involved in what seems a fair combination of bench and starts. I'd trust Liam's judgement and we have Tinman seeing him develop under both coaches so Bath is probably his level rather than the Championship - but who knows?

4 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

But to be blunt, your opininion is based on a single early season start by Manning at Oxford, when many of the Oxford fans weren’t even convinced he’d keep it up.

Why does that trump all the years of experience Nigel Pearson had in the game?  

I’ve put a question mark there, though past experience tells me you won’t be arsed to answer a question!!!

15 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Why has virtually every thread turned into a "wedge issue"? Is this a City fans' forum or the Conservative Campaign Headquarters?

Every thread gets ruined by the usual suspects.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

On 15/04/2024 at 13:10, BrizzleRed said:

But to be blunt, your opininion is based on a single early season start by Manning at Oxford, when many of the Oxford fans weren’t even convinced he’d keep it up.

Why does that trump all the years of experience Nigel Pearson had in the game?  

I’ve put a question mark there, though past experience tells me you won’t be arsed to answer a question!!!

I will answer. Liam's experience is clearly nowhere near that of Pearson and it cant be for years to come. It certainly doesnt 'trump it' in any way shape or form. I am only referencing Oxford's excellent showing in the early stages of this Oxford season following a summer transfer and training period, so hoping for the same happens for us starting this July.

2 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I will answer. Liam's experience is clearly nowhere near that of Pearson and it cant be for years to come. It certainly doesnt 'trump it' in any way shape or form. I am only referencing Oxford's excellent showing in the early stages of this Oxford season following a summer transfer and training period, so hoping for the same happens for us starting this July.

During that excellent showing in the early stages of this Oxford season we put nine past them over two games. Still one of the football worlds biggest ever mysteries why we then decided to swap our coaching team for theirs???

• Like 2
  • Flames 3

• Admin
1 minute ago, FNQ said:

During that excellent showing in the early stages of this Oxford season we put nine past them over two games. Still one of the football worlds biggest ever mysteries why we then decided to swap our coaching team for theirs???

Do we really have to detail yet another thread FFS!! 

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Do we really have to detail yet another thread FFS!! 

As you’ve just done by the way, if you disagree with a post, view or opinion then why not offer a response? I didn’t use the ‘P’ word and those two games did actually happen earlier this season which is a fair and valid response to the main point of the CNG post.

• Flames 1