IGNORED

Cloud seeding gone wrong?

phantom

• The title was changed to Cloud seeding gone wrong?
11 hours ago, phantom said:

Those above Dubai have been messing around with cloud seeding, the past 24 hours saw the results (literally) of the perfect storm, with one a half years rainfall falling in just 24 hours 

Doesn't seem to be the best idea in the World.  I suppose the other question is .................. why ?

Edited by BigTone

19 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Where did you get the cloud seeding from? All ive read is it was a severe rainstorm, that effected most of the UAE and also Bahrain and Oman.

Climate change.

I’d never heard of it either, but this article suggests a link.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/ap-dubai-uae-saudi-arabia-british-b2530005.html

And a Google comes up with quite a few references, from apparently reliable sources, to the UAE making a concerted effort to test this technology during 2024……….

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/ap-dubai-uae-saudi-arabia-british-b2530005.html

And a Google comes up with quite a few references, from apparently reliable sources, to the UAE making a concerted effort to test this technology during 2024……….

I'm gob smacked you've never heard of cloud seeding. I thought everyone knew about it. It's been going on since the 40s. 

It's been used to control weather in both good and bad ways. 

Disrupt the weather of an ' enemy ' country, destroy it's produce, manipulate their export and profit. It's all documented. 

In the same way people try to debunk chem trails. You've only got to look up in the skies to see it now. Water vapour vanishes. You get what are dismissed as thin veil clouds fogging the skies like a white mist. 

We had blue skies, clouds and planes water vapour trails in the past. We now get that...as well as the Criss cross of trails that don't vanish, just spread into a white dull mist in the sky. 

I've been in some countries where I've woken in the morning to be seen a criss cross pattern in the sky...not on any plane routes...white trails that just turn into one big thing white veil in the sky. 

Happened in California a lot. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Where did you get the cloud seeding from? All ive read is it was a severe rainstorm, that effected most of the UAE and also Bahrain and Oman.

Climate change.

Some reports say it was due to cloud seeding and others say otherwise.  Seems daft IMO to mess with nature.  See below:

Cloud seeding in Dubai: Everything you need to know

Making it rain, on purpose

By Emilie HillMarch 22, 2024

Cloud seeding is a buzz term popping up in conversation right now.

Why? On the off chance rain does fall in the area, many are quick to argue its origin and question if the rare downpour is down to luck, or a pre-planned process.

In fact, the UAE Research Programme for Rain Enhancement Science (UAEREP) announced only this week it is looking for ways to develop the capability to analyse a cloud’s seeding potential, with even more scrutiny. Without getting too technical, the move will transform the way cloud seeding is done, with the hope of increasing rain volume from clouds.

Welcome to the world of cloud seeding. 

What is cloud seeding?

Cloud seeding involves artificially generating rain by implanting clouds with particles. In the UAE, silver iodide is often used as the cloud-bursting catalyst (a yellow substance you might have handled in science class now and again).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

I thought seeding only effected small areas - the storms yesterday stretched from Bahrain to the UAE - nearly 1000KM

Sounds a bit conspiracy to me 😜

2 hours ago, spudski said:

I'm gob smacked you've never heard of cloud seeding. I thought everyone knew about it. It's been going on since the 40s. 

Disrupt the weather of an ' enemy ' country, destroy it's produce, manipulate their export and profit. It's all documented. 

In the same way people try to debunk chem trails. You've only got to look up in the skies to see it now. Water vapour vanishes. You get what are dismissed as thin veil clouds fogging the skies like a white mist. 

We had blue skies, clouds and planes water vapour trails in the past. We now get that...as well as the Criss cross of trails that don't vanish, just spread into a white dull mist in the sky. 

I've been in some countries where I've woken in the morning to be seen a criss cross pattern in the sky...not on any plane routes...white trails that just turn into one big thing white veil in the sky. 

I’ve heard of it as a concept, Spud. Just not that UAE are doing what they’re doing with those specific objectives. 👍

41 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Surely we have got some spare rain they can have?

Swap for some oil? 

• Thanks 1

On 17/04/2024 at 10:52, spudski said:

You've seen chem trails?

The fatal, 34 people died, 1952 Lynmouth flood was thought to be caused by hamfisted attempts at cloud seeding by the RAF.

The rebuttal at the end doesn't entirely convince me.

A theory has spread that the flood was caused by secret cloud seeding experiments carried out by the Royal Air Force (RAF) between 1949 and 1952.[6][7][8]

The theory was fuelled by a 2001 BBC Radio 4 documentary, which suggested that the events of 1952 were connected to Project Cumulus. The programme alleged that "the infamous Lynmouth flood disaster came only days after RAF rain-making experiments over southern England", and that secret experiments were causing heavy rainfall.[6] According to the programme, "classified documents on the trials that Project Cumulus contributed to the conditions that caused this flood have gone missing".[6] A few days before the disaster a seeding experiment was carried out over southern England. Alan Yates, an aeronautical engineer and glider pilot who was working with the operation, sprayed salt in the air and was "elated" to learn of a heavy rainfall in Staines shortly after.[9]

"Survivors tell how the air smelled of sulphur on the afternoon of the floods, and the rain fell so hard it hurt people's faces."[6]

Meteorologist Philip Eden has said the experiments could not have caused the accident: "it is preposterous to blame the Lynmouth flood on such experiments".[10] Eden also said "The storm which caused the 1952 disaster was not confined to the Lynmouth district."[10] while in reality "The East and West Lyn rivers, which drop rapidly down from Exmoor, were swollen even before the fatal storm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynmouth_Flood

28 minutes ago, jj77 said:

I thought Cloud seeding was Chem Trails conspiracy nonsense.

Do you think it happens here and that's why we only get a few days of 'summer' each year to keep us working

no

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jj77 said:

I thought Cloud seeding was Chem Trails conspiracy nonsense.

Do you think it happens here and that's why we only get a few days of 'summer' each year to keep us working

No point with 7 months of winter ❄️, I think we can all agree that if we get a full week of sun in the U.K. it becomes a heatwave, hosepipe ban, everyone fighting over fans at B&Q. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

No point with 7 months of winter ❄️, I think we can all agree that if we get a full week of sun in the U.K. it becomes a heatwave, hosepipe ban, everyone fighting over fans at B&Q. 

Last proper Heatwave in the UK was 1976 , I remember it well …twer bloody boiling 🥵 

On 16/04/2024 at 20:13, phantom said:

Those above Dubai have been messing around with cloud seeding, the past 24 hours saw the results (literally) of the perfect storm, with one a half years rainfall falling in just 24 hours 

I think the problem is that they’ve talked about using seeding before and people are assuming that means it’s been used here.

They’d forecasted this rain and potential storm ahead of it happening, and predicted a years worth of rain.

I’m not sure they’d have intentionally dumped that much rain on themselves and wide spread areas? Or that seeding is even capable of causing such dramatic changes. I believe it only affects individual clouds, not future weather events.