IGNORED

Leighton James RIP

Curr Avon

Went to The Vetch for a night match in the relagation season, 1980. We were stood a few rows back in one of their odd stands. A mate was innocently leaning on a fence next to the touchline.

A ball went out of play infront of my mate, James comes over and without any provocation said "**** off you English b*stard".

My mate was too stunned to reply.

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He was but it’s weird,when maradona died football lost a great football player not a Argentina great 

But it was still a very sad day for Argentina 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

And in my eyes the greatest ever,but I don’t see how that compares to a footballer who won 50 caps for Wales(every death is sad)

You’re the one who mentioned him? 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Surely you're making the point? A big loss for Welsh football, but beyond that, not so much? 

Is it a big loss for welsh football tho was my point,if Heskey dropped dead tomorrow would it be a big loss for English football,I know the op meant it in the nicest possible terms but it was nonsense 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

You’re the one who mentioned him? 

Read above 

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Surely you're making the point? A big loss for Welsh football, but beyond that, not so much? 

Might be a more significant loss to the Welsh speaking Argentinians.

(Pretty sure for a while Welsh was the second or third language of Argentina, with I have a feeling was something that occurred in the early 1900s).

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

(Pretty sure for a while Welsh was the second or third language of Argentina, with I have a feeling was something that occurred in the early 1900s).

That is interesting,I wonder what occurred to make it non existent nowadays 

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think it's an overblown myth. I think there's about a couple of thousand Welsh speakers left in Patagonia, mostly for tourism purposes. 

Old quiz question, his name reversed used to be a goalkeeper for Man Utd & Scotland 😃

There are another two examples of this where a footballers name reversed gives you the name of another footballer, anyone know them ?