IGNORED

"It's all a process"

What is it with managers' soundbites? We had loads under both Johnsons, Pearson must have said he was frustrated in 50 post-match interviews and Liam is forever talking about 'In Terms of' and 'the process' - enough to do one's head in listening to these guys.

Today on TalkSport, Mark Robins was also banging on about 'the process' ahead of Cov's game with Man Utd. I'm sure Cov fans love Robins for what he has done at one of the worst-run clubs in our league and I would have liked him to have been appointed when Deano had to go. Good luck to them this weekend but enough of 'the process'. It is football management.

17 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

What is it with managers' soundbites? We had loads under both Johnsons, Pearson must have said he was frustrated in 50 post-match interviews and Liam is forever talking about 'In Terms of' and 'the process' - enough to do one's head in listening to these guys.

Today on TalkSport, Mark Robins was also banging on about 'the process' ahead of Cov's game with Man Utd. I'm sure Cov fans love Robins for what he has done at one of the worst-run clubs in our league and I would have liked him to have been appointed when Deano had to go. Good luck to them this weekend but enough of 'the process'. It is football management.

What is football management may I ask,is it not a sound bite used by pundits 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Cole Not Gas said:

It’s football coaching in Manning’s case though, hence the job title.

2 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Totally, before we know it football managers will be talking about behaviours, behaviours, behaviours.

I find it hard to process all this bulls*** about “process”.

The same goes for “enjoy the journey, it’s not about the destination”.

The idiots who spout this rubbish are the losers and under-achievers who don’t want to be held to  account.

Pearson used to talk about process too. Its obvious what they're saying; do the right stuff, and you'll get the right outcomes. But if the right outcomes don't happen all the time, don't give up on doing the right stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Pearson used to talk about process too. Its obvious what they're saying; do the right stuff, and you'll get the right outcomes. But if the right outcomes don't happen all the time, don't give up on doing the right stuff.

Oh oh woh oh oh, oh oh woh oh oh, oh oh wow oh oh…

• Haha 2

Managers hide behind a set of set answers to what is typically the same set of questions. If they deviate from that - aka Troy Deeney - they usually get the sack. As much as we would like managers to speak the truth - we can’t handle the truth! 🤣

On 21/04/2024 at 19:12, Red Billy said:

Managers hide behind a set of set answers to what is typically the same set of questions. If they deviate from that - aka Troy Deeney - they usually get the sack. As much as we would like managers to speak the truth - we can’t handle the truth! 🤣

At last, the perfect answer. I agree 100%

• Like 1

In football process generally means building a squad with the right type of player to fit into the managers style of play. Clearly if the academy plays using the same style then it easier for the graduate to make the step up.

A process means the same in any industry - simply baking a cake is a process.

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

In football process generally means building a squad with the right type of player to fit into the managers style of play. Clearly if the academy plays using the same style then it easier for the graduate to make the step up.

A process means the same in any industry - simply baking a cake is a process.

And then selling the cakes to Bournemouth? 😉