IGNORED

Remember that 39th game malarky ?

1960maaan

Looks like it's risen it head again.

I thought that was all over, but I guess there is no end to their money making ideas.
First I saw this ...

Screenshot2024-04-24at18_23_39.png.f75a4817f233808bd4344c362f3aa4d4.png

Then a little search gave me this.

Screenshot2024-04-24at18_23_05.png.b3c668e2b7f3f45f8f771aca1c33a977.png

The Prem is a soulless pit of money grabbing,  self serving narcissists . They wont be happy even if they had all the money and there was no relegation and promotion . The fans stopped this once , they stopped the Super League , they wont stop these sort of ideas popping up every year or so. 

• Like 2

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

La Liga  already play their super cup abroad do they?

They do indeed 

I'd be confident the backlash to any official fixture being played out of the country would never happen due to the fan backlash 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'd be confident the backlash to any official fixture being played out of the country would never happen due to the fan backlash 

What voice do fans have these days? Fans are expected to just sit ine neat rows, applaud politely at the end and before leaving spend lots of cash on club merchandise.

• Admin
Just now, 22A said:

What voice do fans have these days? Fans are expected to just sit ine neat rows, applaud politely at the end and before leaving spend lots of cash on club merchandise.

They're things contracted though 

Moving games isn't 

I personally can't see it happening 

It may end up being a glorified out of season tournament like we get now, but nothing more 

Football needs to keep growing and the only way to do that is to bow to the American dollar.  More champions league games on a Saturday meaning more premier league midweek games is a double whammy to increase US viewing figures.  

The community shield will be the first game that moves and it will then become the norm to move some Prem games 

12 hours ago, 22A said:

The fans voice brought down the super league. It needed the prem teams and the whole EFL stood up and they backed out. There is no way this will happen. I know some mock the atmosphere of English football fans compared to that of other European countries but we come out on top for protecting our teams/leagues. We invented the game, it stays here. If people from America want to watch Man United vs Arsenal then they best buy a ticket at Old Trafford/The emirates. Plus they all flock over there for pre season anyway. Granted it’s not a competitive fixture but they still get to see all the European giants play. I mean **** me they even got to watch the mighty Wrexham last summer 😂 I’m sure they’ll have another US summer tour planned. 

14 hours ago, eardun said:

Probably take place when FA cup replays would have taken place. 

I wouldn’t be surprised.  All this moaning from the rich clubs with ginormous squads about fixture congestion but they’re more than happy to cram their summers (and in the future during the season) with lucrative overseas matches.  

It wouldn't surprise me that the many American owners buying PL clubs were thinking about the opportunity of making the Prem closer to the US model down the road. I think all the US sports teams are profitable as they have no relegation, salary caps, little regard for local fans moving home games and sometimes moving to a new city etc. I think baseball has around 160 games a season and basketball around 100 including the playoffs and I don't think in any US sport it's a system where the clubs play all the opponents the same number of times. Not saying this is all possible in English football but I am sure some of it can be pushed into the game, and it will make the owners investment portfolio look even better. Will be interesting to see if and when a tipping point comes where fans lose interest, I still think the new EFL TV deal is a big gamble but we will see.