IGNORED

Tonight's games (24th April)

phantom

33 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Liverpool have completely choked in recent weeks. Fell apart in the FA Cup, then the Europa League and now in the Premier League. They've gone from looking strong treble candidates, to a season which has totally fizzled out!c Klopp probably wishes he said nothing until the end of the season!

If you'd offered them 3rd and a cup at the start of the season they'd probably have taken it given that they did a lot of rebuilding in the summer, but the way it's unravelled from a position of strength a few weeks ago makes it seem worse. And it happening at Old Trafford and Goodison given how bad United and Everton have been will really sting.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

Liverpool have completely choked in recent weeks. Fell apart in the FA Cup, then the Europa League and now in the Premier League. They've gone from looking strong treble candidates, to a season which has totally fizzled out!c Klopp probably wishes he said nothing until the end of the season!

Klopp the flop.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, Lew-T said:

@Super is upset tonight I know!

Actually predicted that result. Liverpool haven't played well for a long time and have been scraping by most of this season in games.

10 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Arsenal won the league tonight. They want it the most, City will slip. 

Yea City with their 17 game unbeaten run in the league clearly don't want to win an historic 4 in a row. 

How can you say Arsenal won it last night when City have 2 games in hand on them? 

• Like 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yea City with their 17 game unbeaten run in the league clearly don't want to win an historic 4 in a row. 

How can you say Arsenal won it last night when City have 2 games in hand on them? 

Can't see Arsenal winning all their remaining games, but if they do massive credit to them

Tottenham and Man Utd away are two very tricky ties ahead

I agree it's Man City's to lose now

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

Can't see Arsenal winning all their remaining games, but if they do massive credit to them

Tottenham and Man Utd away are two very tricky ties ahead

I agree it's Man City's to lose now

Everyone write Man City off every season and it baffles me because they always always go on incredible runs at the end of the season. Like a boxing match really. Start off slow and then come alive in the final rounds. 

But fair play to Arsenal they have taken a step forward this season. 

But if you asked me who's likely to win all their remaining games out of the two then my money is on Man City. 

City do like to make things difficult for themselves at times but they have the favourable fixture list. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Everyone write Man City off every season and it baffles me because they always always go on incredible runs at the end of the season. Like a boxing match really. Start off slow and then come alive in the final rounds. 

But if you asked me who's likely to win all their remaining games out of the two then my money is on Man City. 

City do like to make things difficult for themselves at times but they have the favourable fixture list. 

Rotherham and Stoke are two favourable fixtures in our race for 11th I agree!

Oh wait, wrong City...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Everyone does not write them off. All people said was they aren't as good as last season.

13 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Ahh, so difficult, having spent a Billion quid on players and 10's of millions on Lawyers to block their FFP punishments. 

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yes Man City and Chelsea both win everything with the billions they spent combined. 

I thought the conversation was about the title run in? Chelsea are 9th. They will soon be in the shit with FFP no doubt but Man City are particularly dislikeable imo

10 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I thought the conversation was about the title run in? Chelsea are 9th. They will soon be in the shit with FFP no doubt but Man City are particularly dislikeable imo

Chelsea have spent billions but are as you say 9th. Which proves your point to be invalid. 

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Chelsea have spent billions but are as you say 9th. Which proves your point to be invalid. 

I'd be pretty confident Man City wouldn't be in the running for a fourth league title in a row if they spent a quarter of their £400 million pounds a year on wages to be honest...

The point isn't invalid that these clubs have no difficulties when they can spend whatever they want on whoever they want and have 3rd teams who would be fighting for Europe

Edited by JBFC II

Just now, JBFC II said:

I'd be pretty confident Man City wouldn't be in the running for a fourth league title in a row if they spent a quarter of their £400 million pounds a year on wages to be honest...

The point isn't invalid that these clubs have no difficulties when they can spend whatever they want on whoever they want and have 3rd teams who would be fighting for Europe

The arguement I'm presenting is that it's very easy to say "Man City only win because of the money they spent" 

But then we have multiple examples of other clubs spending money and not getting success. 

It's one thing spending money but a totally different ball game spending it correctly. 

Not sure why you've mentioned how much Man City spend on wages? Isn't it Man Utd that have the highest wage bill? How's that going for them?

Didn't Man City post profits of 80 odd million? So why wouldn't they spend that sort of money on wages when they are able to do so within their own means? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Rotherham and Stoke are two favourable fixtures in our race for 11th I agree!

Oh wait, wrong City...

On paper 4 points minimum for city - but as you say it’s city so probably 1 at best 

am I right in saying Rotherham haven’t won away all season - I’ll leave it there 👀

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The arguement I'm presenting is that it's very easy to say "Man City only win because of the money they spent" 

But then we have multiple examples of other clubs spending money and not getting success. 

It's one thing spending money but a totally different ball game spending it correctly. 

Not sure why you've mentioned how much Man City spend on wages? Isn't it Man Utd that have the highest wage bill? How's that going for them?

Didn't Man City post profits of 80 odd million? So why wouldn't they spend that sort of money on wages when they are able to do so within their own means? 

Man United spent roughly £90 million less on wages last season than City, so no, not exactly.

The money Man City have spent is the key factor behind their success, look at where the club was 20 years ago compared to where it is now. That rise is due to finances and very little else.

Of course, they've spent well (even if they've seemingly broken every rule in the book with FFP), but let's not pretend they'd be challenging if they didn't have the biggest budget in the league.

They may have posted profits, but they've also got over 100 charges against them for financial fair play, which is hardly a good look

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

On paper 4 points minimum for city - but as you say it’s city so probably 1 at best 

am I right in saying Rotherham haven’t won away all season - I’ll leave it there 👀

Big crowd

Game we should win

End of the season

Wurzels afterwards

It's a guaranteed 0-0/0-1 match isn't it?

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Man United spent roughly £90 million less on wages last season than City, so no, not exactly.

The money Man City have spent is the key factor behind their success, look at where the club was 20 years ago compared to where it is now. That rise is due to finances and very little else.

Of course, they've spent well (even if they've seemingly broken every rule in the book with FFP), but let's not pretend they'd be challenging if they didn't have the biggest budget in the league.

They may have posted profits, but they've also got over 100 charges against them for financial fair play, which is hardly a good look

Big crowd

Game we should win

End of the season

Wurzels afterwards

Yep you know your city like me ,

my first city match was along time ago ,1973

palace not won in 19 games come to Ashton gate - yep you guessed it 1-0 palace Alan Whittle for them 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Big crowd

Game we should win

End of the season

Wurzels afterwards

I did a Google search and most results said Man Utd were the highest, some said City. 

But again the point I was making was spending money doesn't matter. As we've seen with countless other clubs. It's a very weak arguement. Chelsea are the case and point so it's disingenuous to say City are only challenging because of the money. 

Of course they had investment to propel them. Not denying it. So have many many other clubs. Shouldn't have to point this out really. But for some bizarre reason City seem to be the only club that isn't allowed investment? 

City have got the money and they spend it wisely. Why wouldn't they? 

I don't know if they've breached ffp. None of us do. We'll find out in the fullness of time. Fed up of saying this but look how long it took to deal with Evertons 1 charge that they admitted to breaching. It takes quite a while longer to deal with 115 breaches that City deny. 

51 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I did a Google search and most results said Man Utd were the highest, some said City. 

But again the point I was making was spending money doesn't matter. As we've seen with countless other clubs. It's a very weak arguement. Chelsea are the case and point so it's disingenuous to say City are only challenging because of the money. 

Of course they had investment to propel them. Not denying it. So have many many other clubs. Shouldn't have to point this out really. But for some bizarre reason City seem to be the only club that isn't allowed investment? 

City have got the money and they spend it wisely. Why wouldn't they? 

I don't know if they've breached ffp. None of us do. We'll find out in the fullness of time. Fed up of saying this but look how long it took to deal with Evertons 1 charge that they admitted to breaching. It takes quite a while longer to deal with 115 breaches that City deny. 

Just have a look at their financial reports, for the 2023 year Man City had a payroll of £422 million, compared to the 331 million of Man United. I can link them here if you'd like.

Not saying they aren't allowed investment, but it isn't disingenuous at all to say they are only challenging because of money. If it wasn't for the money they wouldn't be challenging. No other club has a payroll of over £400 million pounds. Chelsea are just poorly managed, that doesn't mean man City are well managed though, as all of these charges show.

Also, please stop referring to them as 'City' we're on the wrong forum for that!

23 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Arsenal won the league tonight. They want it the most, City will slip. 

Making easy work of Brighton. Only Spurs away will test them.

12 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

How does being charged with something in any walk of life prove any guilt? 

If they've got into the position where they've had over 100 charges then that's poor management.

I'd be astonished if none of the charges resulted in a punishment

36 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

If they've got into the position where they've had over 100 charges then that's poor management.

I'd be astonished if none of the charges resulted in a punishment

That's not how it works in this country mate. 

The PL say they have evidence, Man City say they have evidence which proves their evidence wrong. That's the whole purpose of them having a hearing. 

They may well be guilty but due process needs to be followed and until that time they are not guilty.