IGNORED

Rotherham United at home match thread

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

That's the first time I've ever heard someone extrapolate a statement of "should" from someone simply stating a mathematical fact.

It's just a fact that illustrates how utter cack Rotherham are defensively.

Mehmeti's too? 🤞🏼*

*just a joke, just a joke 👀 

It was a curious fact to reach for when we should be celebrating a dominant performance 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Possibly because you were directly comparing the two when there is no need. 

I can’t rate a players higher than another? Especially when the question was asked the time? Okay. Sorry.

Ps, easy with the emojis, you’re gunna run out of them. Supporting the forum only cost a fiver. Maybe it’s time? 

Edited by Tim Monaghan
4 minutes ago, mozo said:

It was a curious fact to reach for when we should be celebrating a dominant performance 

If a lion dominates a mouse is that something to celebrate?

The relative quality of the opposition, and their particular circumstances at the time we play them, always has to be to be taken into account. 

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Anyone know the last time we scored direct from a free kick? Micky Bell?

Seem to recall Paterson scoring one - in off the bar? Maybe Brownhill as well? Perhaps Reid?

My favourite goal from a free kick was New Years day against Cambridge, maybe 2001 or 2002? I think we won 5-1. Their keeper Perez was sent off for handling the ball outside the box. Somebody (Beadle?) flicked it up from the indirect free kick to Tinnion who controlled it and whacked it in on the volley.

Wells been lively since he came on.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I can’t right a players higher than another? Okay. Sorry.

Ps, easy with the emojis, you’re gunna run out of them. Supporting the forum only cost a fiver. Maybe it’s time? 

Anyone who can’t see that they’re different players clearly doesn’t understand football

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

If a lion dominates a mouse is that something to celebrate?

The quality of the opposition, and their particular circumstances at the time we play them, always has to be to be taken into account. 

Try telling Leeds that , they only had relegation threatened qpr 👀

• Like 4
Just now, redkev said:

Try telling Leeds that , they only had relegation threatened qpr 👀

QPR aren't relegation threatened, and weren't last night either.

And even if they were, it just shows what I mean. Leeds were embarrassed last night losing a game that they really shouldn't have, equally we can be happy with this scoreline, but it is what should be expected. 2-0 v Rotherham is par. We've still delivered the goods, done our job, and done it fairly easily. But it's still just what we should expect.

2 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Me neither. Adds nothing IMO. 👋 

**Actually take that back. Nothing that someone else couldn’t bring in. 

Nah, he’s decent enough. But I get the impression he thinks he is way above this level.

He’s okay, but there is a lot of talent out there where I think we can get better. Conway’s ego has gone, let him go and move on.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, cellist said:

Seem to recall Paterson scoring one - in off the bar? Maybe Brownhill as well? Perhaps Reid?

My favourite goal from a free kick was New Years day against Cambridge, maybe 2001 or 2002? I think we won 5-1. Their keeper Perez was sent off for handling the ball outside the box. Somebody (Beadle?) flicked it up from the indirect free kick to Tinnion who controlled it and whacked it in on the volley.

Wells been lively since he came on.

I think it was 6-2 but I had forgotten that cheeky free kick. 

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Nah, he’s decent enough. But I get the impression he thinks he is way above this level.

He’s okay, but there is a lot of talent out there where I think we can get better. Conway’s ego has gone, let him go and move on.

Yeah, I agree. I actually really like the kid, but he’s being guided wrongly IMO. 

Gutted to see him go, but he certainly isn’t irreplaceable. 

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I won’t lose any sleep if that’s the case to be honest.

Personally think he’s ok but no better than that , Wants what his mate scotty got but I’m afraid different gulf in class , really needs to sign the contract get his head down and go for bigger things in 18 months , nowhere near anything special yet but has the qualities to improve 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

QPR aren't relegation threatened, and weren't last night either.

And even if they were, it just shows what I mean. Leeds were embarrassed last night losing a game that they really shouldn't have, equally we can be happy with this scoreline, but it is what should be expected. 2-0 v Rotherham is par. We've still delivered the goods, done our job, and done it fairly easily. But it's still just what we should expect.

Entirely agree they are poor. If I am splitting hairs, they concede about 2, but also score about 0.75 a match. So winning by 2 is above average.

But yes. Job done (so far).

• Like 1