IGNORED

Rotherham United at home match thread

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'd offer £2m plus a £4m PL promotion bonus. C'mon Burnley, you know you want to.

(I fully appreciate that Fevs and Silvio have mentioned better value options, but LM only has eyes for ST.)

Indeed he does.  I’m fine with that btw.  Better a manager wants a player than is ambivalent about a signing.  In a lot of ways it’s really nice to hear.  So often they remain guarded.

Will be interesting to see how the budget is carved up.  I’ve said before we are likely to be shopping duty-free in Europe for the no9, because there isn’t a) the right player here nor b) for the right price.

5 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'd offer £2m plus a £4m PL promotion bonus. C'mon Burnley, you know you want to.

(I fully appreciate that Fevs and Silvio have mentioned better value options, but LM only has eyes for ST.)

There seems to be a conviction on here that Burnley want him if they come down, nothing I see or hear makes me believe that is the case , their squad pissed the division last time and they probably think will do again , I honestly believe if we want him a deal will be done at around 2m plus bits ( not 4m !😳) but time will tell 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Indeed he does.  I’m fine with that btw.  Better a manager wants a player than is ambivalent about a signing.  In a lot of ways it’s really nice to hear.  So often they remain guarded.

Will be interesting to see how the budget is carved up.  I’ve said before we are likely to be shopping duty-free in Europe for the no9, because there isn’t a) the right player here nor b) for the right price.

If the budget is tough I wouldn't be surprised if we try and loan in a striker from a premier league club.

Not sure how many names there are out there I know Liam Delap will have a lot of suitors come the summer transfer window so he's likely out the question.

Shot in the dark but Chido Obi is a name I've been hearing about a lot recently Arsenal youth player and scores goals for fun but likely a year or two too early for him.

I hope our fanbase isn't burned on inexperienced youth player loans because of the Mebude move. :P 

6 minutes ago, MythikRobins said:

If the budget is tough I wouldn't be surprised if we try and loan in a striker from a premier league club.

Not sure how many names there are out there I know Liam Delap will have a lot of suitors come the summer transfer window so he's likely out the question.

Shot in the dark but Chido Obi is a name I've been hearing about a lot recently Arsenal youth player and scores goals for fun but likely a year or two too early for him.

I hope our fanbase isn't burned on inexperienced youth player loans because of the Mebude move. :P 

The big unknown - budget!

Delap Ive mentioned recently on here, but I don’t think he’d be cheaper to loan than a European target.

1 hour ago, bexhill reds said:

Want a ******* poppy??? Rotherham were dogshite, but you’ve got to beat what was in front of you, and that was successful. Today was not a game where they’ll be a 25th anniversary celebration or a special shirt. Professional performance against a very poor team that was all.

Your really hurtin' poppet x

Top of the performance league too, is that dog shit too?

49 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Your really hurtin' poppet x

Top of the performance league too, is that dog shit too?

Not really, a dull game against a poor team, not that much to get excited about. But we all take out what we want from football, so if an end of season dead rubber match against a very poor team very much pleases you, then I’m happy for you. Being top of the performance league when we are very much a mid table team with nothing much to play for is not quite the achievement as you think, if we are in that position 12 games into next season then I’d share your excitement. Top 4th or 5th defensive team over the entire season is something more to be enthused over and bodes well for next year, as little will need to be done to the defensive unit.

I fail to see why my and others highlighting that Rotherham were very poor should be quite the emotive trigger for you, other than it pointing towards an individual who is often contrary, needlessly argumentative and childishly patronising if anyone dares to take a view different to theirs, so much so it suggests that it is a deliberate activity for their own pleasure rather than reasoned discussion. I think my emotion towards you edges more towards sympathy than “hurtin”.

Best of luck to you my friend and enjoy your summer.

• Like 7
  • Flames 3
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Evans reckons our penalty was a dive, make of it what you will.

Certainly softer than some of the good and nailed on shouts we had waved away under NP..high boot to the head of Wells v Watford before the World Cup in late 2022 sticks in the mind.

I thought Evans attire today made him look like he’d just finished a shift at Aldi

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

I haven't seen the possession stats but, from watching, I'd be gobsmacked if we didn't comfortably have the lion's share. Is this the first win under LM where that is the case?

71% and tbh it looked like more!

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Certainly softer than some of the good and nailed on shouts we had waved away under NP..high boot to the head of Wells v Watford before the World Cup in late 2022 sticks in the mind.

From the extended highlights I am really struggling to see any contact at all. Spectacular fall from Tommy mind, top marks. 

It is what it is. It was given. We scored. Tommy Conway takes a mean penalty.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Reckon he could be right too 

Tommy appeared to hit the deck pretty late, and even Twine was clever in winning his free kick. 

Nevermind, it's not like a Mr Evans side would be squeaky clean is it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Reckon he could be right too 

Tommy appeared to hit the deck pretty late, and even Twine was clever in winning his free kick. 

Nevermind, it's not like a Mr Evans side would be squeaky clean is it.

I wonder if it was one of those that was neither a penalty or a dive, you get them sometimes.

• Like 1

Complete change of mind Alert 📢 

Just watched Ref Watch on Sky and even though I have looked at the highlights several times, it looked different on the TV screen. I was convinced there was no contact by the Keeper. Bizarrely as Dermot Gallagher and the rest said no Pen , watching it back the Keeper does catch TC and you can see his right foot clipped onto the back of his calf. The thing is Tommy tries to stay on his feet, he's a goal scorer he wants to score so fair play for that, but I think that leads to some doubt as he stays up for a while . 

So, Sorry Tommy for doubting you, I will give an extra loud cheer when you announce you are signing a new contract .

15 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Complete change of mind Alert 📢 

Just watched Ref Watch on Sky and even though I have looked at the highlights several times, it looked different on the TV screen. I was convinced there was no contact by the Keeper. Bizarrely as Dermot Gallagher and the rest said no Pen , watching it back the Keeper does catch TC and you can see his right foot clipped onto the back of his calf. The thing is Tommy tries to stay on his feet, he's a goal scorer he wants to score so fair play for that, but I think that leads to some doubt as he stays up for a while . 

So, Sorry Tommy for doubting you, I will give an extra loud cheer when you announce you are signing a new contract .

I only froze the frame at point of contact…which there was.

IMG_0387.jpeg.7c4e73e9136846e943e27d9fa82fa1fa.jpeg

Are you suggesting that the contact caused TC’s right leg towards his left, therefore tripping himself (albeit caused by the keeper).

Certainky gives more credence to the penalty doesn’t it?

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Are you suggesting that the contact caused TC’s right leg towards his left, therefore tripping himself (albeit caused by the keeper).

Certainly gives more credence to the penalty doesn’t it?

It proves that Conway had lost control of the ball. The keeper badly messed up as the ball was going out of play.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Certainky gives more credence to the penalty doesn’t it?

Absolutely. To me it looks like the keeper gets just a clip on TC's foot and trips him.  Running at speed it doesn't take much.

• Thanks 1
On 28/04/2024 at 12:03, Red-Robbo said:

71% and tbh it looked like more!

Probably because every time they had the ball they immediately gave it back to us with a poor pass.

League One team, we beat Blackburn 5-0 but I honestly thought that they were worse.

• Like 2