IGNORED

When do Under-23 contracts expire? (Feel free to point me to the right thread if I've missed it!)

I was thinking earlier about what the contract status was of our U-23s and who is likely to leave in the summer. I know a few expire in the summer - I think Acey, HWB and a couple of others but is there a list somewhere either on the site, transfermarket or on here? Every where I've looked I've only seen the senior players and I don't know if the list is hard to find or if I'm missing the obvious?

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I was thinking earlier about what the contract status was of our U-23s and who is likely to leave in the summer. I know a few expire in the summer - I think Acey, HWB and a couple of others but is there a list somewhere either on the site, transfermarket or on here? Every where I've looked I've only seen the senior players and I don't know if the list is hard to find or if I'm missing the obvious?

IMG_2945.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not much on Transfermarkt.

Tommy Backwell is OOC this summer 30th June

Ben Acey and Omar Taylor - Clark are out this summer too , signed extensions Oct '22.

Struggling to find much else TBH.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

56 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Sorry - I meant specifically, who from the U23s is OOC this summer? 

According to my records:

image.png.0fac2d1a9c7b962790ce714f3111ee76.png

Francois is the only one with a one-year option.

I’d be surprised if Meerholz isn’t really 2025 as he’s a 2023 scholar (I think).

I’m pretty sure HWR, DI, DK have been told already they won’t be being kept on.

+++++

The list above is any player who has featured in a first team match day squad (competitive or pre-season).

+++++

I think you can add Ben Acey and Marley Rose to the list of contracts expiring this summer.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

According to my records:

I’d be surprised if Meerholz isn’t really 2025 as he’s a 2023 scholar (I think).

+++++

The list above is any player who has featured in a first team match day squad (competitive or pre-season).

+++++

I think you can add Ben Acey and Marley Rose to the list of contracts expiring this summer.

Thanks so much!

I don't know much about the U-23s but get the impression from what others have posted that Bell and Boyd have both got stronger prospects in their position coming up behind them so guessing they're not likely to be extended. I know Leeson and Francois are both players who looked like they had a pathway to the first team at one point but obviously haven't made much of a mark this season. Not sure if they'd be seen as young enough to be worth a couple more years to see what happens or if the club would decide it was time to move them on. From the little I know, Backwell is the only one I'd see as a good bet for a new contract...

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

According to my records:

+++++

+++++

Marley Rose signed a 2 year deal March 2023, so expires 2025.  

As you touched on suprised Meerholz on the list. 

As for HWR thought he had every quality of the ‘modern day keeper’, Nige used to chat about him a lot- injuries held him back a little recently. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Marley Rose signed a 2 year deal March 2023, so expires 2025.  

As you touched on suprised Meerholz on the list. 

As for HWR thought he had every quality of the ‘modern day keeper’, Nige used to chat about him a lot- injuries held him back a little recently. 

Ta, was looking at “loan to” column on my xls.

Meerholz will just be lack of info on my part….other than he’s a 2023 scholar.  I might as well update him to 25.

28 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that we had 2 or 3 well though of 'keepers coming through the ranks. I presume that would effect any decision on HWR?

19 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that we had 2 or 3 well though of 'keepers coming through the ranks. I presume that would effect any decision on HWR?

Yes, I think Casa Grande 18 (training with first team and match days) and Joe Duncan (17, excellent in FA youth cup) currently ahead of HWR (22 in May) 

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

4000 players between 95 and 00 went to category 1 academies, so 800 per year. That's insane. 

Imagine if those were spread more evenly through the leagues how much that'd benefit not just the clubs but them too.

Is it flippant to say these clubs are gambling with these kids in the hope they make it big and get a payout? Crazy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Not much on Transfermarkt.

Tommy Backwell is OOC this summer 30th June

Ben Acey and Omar Taylor - Clark are out this summer too , signed extensions Oct '22.

Struggling to find much else TBH.

Taylor-Clarke OOC Summer 2025

5 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

4000 players between 95 and 00 went to category 1 academies, so 800 per year. That's insane. 

Imagine if those were spread more evenly through the leagues how much that'd benefit not just the clubs but them too.

Is it flippant to say these clubs are gambling with these kids in the hope they make it big and get a payout? Crazy.

I didn't realise there were 28 Cat 1 Academies . 

Is that across the age groups ? It works out 28 players per academy every year and I'd love to know how many they let go every year.

I found overall numbers . This is all academies and Football schools apparently .

Of those entering the game aged 16, two years down the line, 50% will be outside professional football. If we look at the same cohort at 21, the attrition rate is 75% or above.

It's a tough game.

3 minutes ago, Redhed123 said:

Taylor-Clarke OOC Summer 2025

Yep, misread an old article .