IGNORED

Todays Ref?

Davefevs

19 minutes ago, Henry said:

I liked him. He let a lot go which allowed some old fashioned but clean tackles to be made. The back to back Pring and Williams tackles are fouls during most games.

I thought he was pretty good as well. Letting ‘meaty’ but fair challenges go was definitely a plus. Lots of other refs would have seen a foul when in fact they were just tough tackles.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Henry said:

I liked him. He let a lot go which allowed some old fashioned but clean tackles to be made. The back to back Pring and Williams tackles are fouls during most games.

Piece of piss to referee, apart from Tom Eaves (& how shit was he?) using WWF moves, it was a team who couldn’t play against one who didn’t want to get injured.

11 hours ago, Henry said:

I agree thought he was decent....but do you notice when we win...no one really notices the ref.....when we lose, the ref was the worst we've seen down there. 🤣

• Like 1

While I don't remember having too many reasons to shout at the Ref, I imagine Rotherham fans would. For years we haven't got Penalty decisions , seems we are getting them all now. I know some say there is contact and the Ref gives it straight away, I have my doubts about the Pen. Happy to take it mind, but if I moan about ones not given I feel it's right to mention when I think we've been lucky. 
It looks harsh, the Ref nor Lino have a really clear view and we have had many more blatant ones not given.

Then the free kick , that's easier. It looks soft , but they are the sort that are given and Twine forces the Refs hand by grabbing the ball . TBH Rinomhota doesn't moan too much. 

We only talk about them because they lead to goals , over all I thought he was OK and those decisions mean little now. I just hope we get those next year in our title challenge. 

Edited by 1960maaan

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

While I don't remember having too many reasons to shout at the Ref, I imagine Rotherham fans would. For years we haven't got Penalty decisions , seems we are getting them all now. I know some say there is contact and the Ref gives it straight away, I have my doubts about the Pen. Happy to take it mind, but if I moan about ones not given I feel it's right to mention when I think we've been lucky. 
It looks harsh, the Ref nor Lino have a really clear view and we have had many more blatant ones not given.

Then the free kick , that's easier. It looks soft , but they are the sort that are given and Twine forces the Refs hand by grabbing the ball . TBH Rinomhota doesn't moan too much. 

We only talk about them because they lead to goals , over all I thought he was OK and those decisions mean little now. I just hope we get those next year in our title challenge. 

It was as straightforward a penalty as you'll see in my opinion. 

• Like 1

On 28/04/2024 at 11:21, Red-Robbo said:

It was as straightforward a penalty as you'll see in my opinion. 

I just posted on another thread, to save myself more typing ....

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Complete change of mind Alert 📢 

Just watched Ref Watch on Sky and even though I have looked at the highlights several times, it looked different on the TV screen. I was convinced there was no contact by the Keeper. Bizarrely as Dermot Gallagher and the rest said no Pen , watching it back the Keeper does catch TC and you can see his right foot clipped onto the back of his calf. The thing is Tommy tries to stay on his feet, he's a goal scorer he wants to score so fair play for that, but I think that leads to some doubt as he stays up for a while . 

So, Sorry Tommy for doubting you, I will give an extra loud cheer when you announce you are signing a new contract .

• Thanks 1