IGNORED

North London Derby

1960maaan

14 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Ben White an absolute menace at corners.

For both of the ones where Arsenal scored he was undoing the keepers gloves 🤣

It’s clever, I like it, but I’m not sure how just barging into the keeper off the ball isn’t a foul? 

VAR didn’t even seem to look at the two penalty appeals before the second goal either, although the second one probably wasn’t a foul and the first would be soft.

Theres something unlikable about some of this Arsenal team, these “dark arts” that Arteta has brought in to the side, but I think it’s what they’ve needed to get to the next level. They were far too soft for years.

18 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It’s clever, I like it, but I’m not sure how just barging into the keeper off the ball isn’t a foul? 

VAR didn’t even seem to look at the two penalty appeals before the second goal either, although the second one probably wasn’t a foul and the first would be soft.

Theres something unlikable about some of this Arsenal team, these “dark arts” that Arteta has brought in to the side, but I think it’s what they’ve needed to get to the next level. They were far too soft for years.

VAR checked both penalty appeals.

First one would have been soft and while I've seen them given, that almost entirely been when the attacker was heading towards goal which wasn't the case here.

2nd one just wasn't.

With White I think he got away with the barge on Vicario because he had moved away and there was enough time for the relevance to be over before the header on goal (for the Havertz goal)

For the own goal, Vicario was focusing on pushing White away at the time that Hojbjerg headed the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, 1960maaan said:

How the Ref misses that Pen first time I'll never know. Bottles it knowing VAR is there

Yeah - it was stonewall pen with the ref literally 10 yards away looking right at it. Amazing that he didn’t give it immediately.

• Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

How the Ref misses that Pen first time I'll never know. Bottles it knowing VAR is there

There was a nailed on Peno for an outright assault on Semenyo in the Bournemouth game. Not given. The Bournemouth bench were going mad!

47 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

VAR checked both penalty appeals.

First one would have been soft and while I've seen them given, that almost entirely been when the attacker was heading towards goal which wasn't the case here.

2nd one just wasn't.

With White I think he got away with the barge on Vicario because he had moved away and there was enough time for the relevance to be over before the header on goal (for the Havertz goal)

For the own goal, Vicario was focusing on pushing White away at the time that Hojbjerg headed the ball.

Can’t argue with any of that to be fair, all valid points.

Second half Spurs decided to protect their keeper, not sure why someone didn’t take responsibility for that sooner though after the first!

• Like 1