IGNORED

King

Ivorguy

2 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Exactly bring him on for ten minutes but play players who are our future TGH  knight etc nice that hes a city fan but so am i but id rather manning be looking at players of the future .

Do you think Manning would find out anything he didn’t already know about TGH if he’d been on the pitch yesterday for the number of minutes Andy King was ?

It was the right thing to do in the circumstances and I’d imagine that the majority of supporters yesterday would think that 

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Do you think Manning would find out anything he didn’t already know about TGH if he’d been on the pitch yesterday for the number of minutes Andy King was ?

It was the right thing to do in the circumstances and I’d imagine that the majority of supporters yesterday would think that 

TGH hasent had a look in for weeks your playing two slow midfielders in james anw williams you need some one in there that can run all players come to the end of the road so ten mins wouldave been fine they all came round the pitch after the game and got applause so my thoughts thatt was enough . 

Edited by Cityboy1954

3 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

TGH hasent had a look in for weeks your playing two slow midfielders in james anw williams you need some one in there that czn run all players walked round the pitch at the end got applause so yes ten mins would be ok .

Edited by Cityboy1954

7 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

TGH hasent had a look in for weeks your playing two slow midfielders in james anw williams you need some one in there that can run all players come to the end of the road so ten mins wouldave been fine they all came round the pitch after the game and got applause so my thoughts thatt was enough . 

Well TGH has been injured for a start and perhaps bearing in mind LM sees the players day in day out and knows what injuries and niggles they’re carrying he saw no real need to take any great risks with TGH.

Yesterdays game against Rotherham would have no bearing on next season, it was a dead rubber game

1 minute ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Well TGH has been injured for a start and perhaps bearing in mind LM sees the players day in day out and knows what injuries and niggles they’re carrying he saw no real need to take any great risks with TGH.

Yesterdays game against Rotherham would have no bearing on next season, it was a dead rubber game

Yes but i went to see a good finish to the season although there was nothing to gain i didnt realise we were watching a charity match ? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Facepalm 5

1 minute ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Yes but i went to see a good finish to the season although there was nothing to gain i didnt realise we were watching a charity match ? 

Well you saw a victory so surely you must see that as a good finish.

I don’t think TGH would have had such a game changing affect that it would have been any different.

Andy King came on after 81 minutes for a farewell appearance, he was one of the five allowed changes we made so I’m struggling to see your issue really.

3 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

If your talking like that why didnt he give minutes to mubude as we wont see him again .

What has Mebude done for this club, the two careers at this club and their input are not comparable 

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

If your talking like that why didnt he give minutes to mubude as we wont see him again .

Weird response.  Seems you have little idea about doing the morally right thing

Three cheers for LM.  Gone up in my estimation.  Fantastic gesture.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Weird response.  Seems you have little idea about doing the morally right thing

Three cheers for LM.  Gone up in my estimation.  Fantastic gesture.

No problem mate hope you stayed after the end of game to applaud them all off the pitch .

I really hope Kingy stays on in a coaching capacity. He's such an intelligent player on and off the pitch & I'm sure all of the young players have benefited from his experience as has Liam Manning. Good luck Andy, it was a pleasure seeing you in a City shirt especially as you're a fan also.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, EmersonsKev said:

I really find it hard to understand all the negativity around Andy King.  The lads lived the dream!  Numerous league titles including a Premier League medal, played international football (albeit for Wales) hes had an opportunity to play for his boyhood club of which his children have shared in that experience.  

You only have to look at the reception both him and James got from Leicester supporters to see how well regarded they are

Whatever he chooses to do in the future, best of luck to him and his family.

It’s moaning for moaning’s sake. This club gives people more than enough things to moan about, particularly above 1st Team Manager level. Giving Andy King a few minutes to finish his playing career at the Gate ain’t one of them. There’s moaning and then there’s being silly about it……

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, EmersonsKev said:

I really find it hard to understand all the negativity around Andy King.  The lads lived the dream!  Numerous league titles including a Premier League medal, played international football (albeit for Wales) hes had an opportunity to play for his boyhood club of which his children have shared in that experience.  

You only have to look at the reception both him and James got from Leicester supporters to see how well regarded they are

Whatever he chooses to do in the future, best of luck to him and his family.

Agree. Both he and James have been absolute model pro's since being at the club and James probably the most underrated player i've known us have at this level. He's been a very good servant for us.

King's a City fan, he's lived the dream as far as his career goes, I wish him all the best for his future and would like to see him back at the club one day in some capacity setting standards for those around him.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

Andy King has brought quality and a great deal of assistance for the young brigade. He's seen better days, but who hasn't when they have played in the top tier, European club matches and 50 international games.

If he is leaving, he has my sincere respect and thanks. And best wishes for a coaching and probably management future.

• Like 8
  • Robin 1

I echo what others have said on here regarding Andy. Whilst he was never a star player for us he was always reliable and you knew what you were going to get from him week from week. Thanks for everything Andy and best of luck for the future!

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

Thanks Andy, for coming here for an undoubtedly close friend, for taking the time to invest in the club week in week out and for helping change the culture here. 

I wish you all the very best for the future (whatever that holds) - I have no doubt you will make a success of whatever you turn your attention to. Ultimate professional.

Thanks again.

Edited by MelksRed
  • Like 12

I know I won't be in a certain posters good books on this thread, but I would have him playing the 90 tomorrow, and as captain.  Dead rubber match and would be a massively respectful way to bring the curtain down on his playing career.

• Like 14
  • Robin 1

Top pro. Obviously couldn’t contribute as much on the pitch as he could have earlier in his career but never let us down effort wise and generally played well (odd centre half games excepted - although some of those were good).

Real impact though was off the pitch. Players like Scott, Conway spoke glowingly of him, and with both King and Weimann going (and probably James) it’s a big loss in the dressing room. From his video, clearly not staying as a coach which seems a real shame in view of that.

All the best Kingy.

• Like 4

Best wishes to Andy. Always a model pro and a good influence behind the scenes. I was always hoping he’d end up with a coaching role with City. Maybe he’ll be back one day. 

Edited by Offside
  • Like 1