IGNORED

King

Ivorguy

On 03/05/2024 at 17:55, redsquirrel said:

you and i both know what would make sense Pops but those upstairs seem to like doing things the hard way

Certainly seems that way RS. Part of me wonders if there is a petty streak, again I don't include Manning but those above "Ooh let us remove reminders of Pearson, no coaching deal for King, no new deal for James is a likely path".

Let's hope we are proven wrong on this, I'm sure we and many others would like to be.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Fair play. :sad26:

Doesn't look a guy that wants to leave to me. Retiring I can understand but leaving the club altogether I don't think 100% what he wants. Does make you wonder if the plan was to take a coaching role here from the summer if Pearson was still here. Always a plan to retire then coach for us.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Street red said:

Doesn't look a guy that wants to leave to me. Retiring I can understand but leaving the club altogether I don't think 100% what he wants. Does make you wonder if the plan was to take a coaching role here from the summer if Pearson was still here. Always a plan to retire then coach for us.

Maybe. With the Plymouth job up for grabs, maybe Pearson might take that on (if well enough), and bring Andy in as coach there 🤷‍♂️

So much experience and know how leaving our club. Big loss.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Maybe. With the Plymouth job up for grabs, maybe Pearson might take that on (if well enough), and bring Andy in as coach there 🤷‍♂️

So much experience and know how leaving our club. Big loss.

I'm getting the feeling that this club doesn't like experienced people around the place it honestly doesn't make sense at all. Kingy deserves better if I'm honest and yeah a link up with Pearson again could be next watch this space I presume. James leaves as well it's a big chunk of experience leaving the building.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Street red said:

I'm getting the feeling that this club doesn't like experienced people around the place it honestly doesn't make sense at all. Kingy deserves better if I'm honest and yeah a link up with Pearson again could be next watch this space I presume. James leaves as well it's a big chunk of experience leaving the building.

Well he’s no Matt Hewlett or Dean Gerken, is he?

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, Street red said:

Experienced people would question things’ Steve doesn’t like to be questioned’ he knows best’ it’s his club remember.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, RollsRoyce said:

I would be very surprised if King does not go on to have a very successful coaching and/or management career.  

What a great career story, what. a great guy. What a missed opportunity for BCFC. 

I suspect he has options that are more attractive tbh at present.

2 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

after seeing how his ex manager was treated,i doubt very much if he had any intentions of staying. 

billy and jonny probs made his mind up in october/november

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

after seeing how his ex manager was treated,i doubt very much if he had any intentions of staying. 

billy and jonny probs made his mind up in october/november

Agreed. Reckon hed love a role here under different circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

8 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I doubt that very much - certainly wont walk into a management job with no experience - chances are he will a coach somewhere at a L1/L2 club, or some youth work higher up.

Just now, Jobi said:

I doubt that very much - certainly wont walk into a management job with no experience - chances are he will a coach somewhere at a L1/L2 club, or some youth work higher up.

Not talking about a management role. I imagine he has made some very good contacts and can see him in an assistant coaching role somewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Natchfever said:

Not talking about a management role. I imagine he has made some very good contacts and can see him in an assistant coaching role somewhere.

Yea maybe lower down the chain was my point - similar to Stead who was 3rd coach at Barnsley.

12 minutes ago, Ashton Fete said:

My money is him being the assistant manager at the next club Nige takes over 

You reckon Nige will be back in that game?

If so his esteem of AK is clear . Maybe not Assistant but definitely in the set up.

1 minute ago, Natchfever said:

You reckon Nige will be back in that game?

If so his esteem of AK is clear . Maybe not Assistant but definitely in the set up.

I’d say more likely than not, in his recent interview he said he would if the right opportunity came up 

It just feels the type of thing he’d do for someone he’s loyal to and loyal to him to give him that step up

Just now, Ashton Fete said:

I’d say more likely than not, in his recent interview he said he would if the right opportunity came up 

It just feels the type of thing he’d do for someone he’s loyal to and loyal to him to give him that step up

Didnt see that interview, hope he gets back in so can definitely see that.

5 minutes ago, Ashton Fete said:

I wonder where and what level, older managers seem out of favour in 2024. 

1 minute ago, Jobi said:

I wonder where and what level, older managers seem out of favour in 2024. 

Troubleshooter in and out perhaps. You could see him overseeing the whole football set up of a club but he doesnt seem to gell with boards 😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RollsRoyce said:

I would be very surprised if King does not go on to have a very successful coaching and/or management career.  

What a great career story, what. a great guy. What a missed opportunity for BCFC. 

I wouldn’t rule out him having the manager’s role here one day.

On 05/05/2024 at 15:48, GrahamC said:

Well he’s no Matt Hewlett or Dean Gerken, is he?

Cleverly written.

Most of us would agree that it would be very valuable to keep a League 1, Championship and Premier League winner in the building as a coach...

Not at Bristol City it would appear...

Let's hope they do a u-turn on this over the summer but can't see it happening. 

• Like 1