IGNORED

King

Ivorguy

56 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Two of Nigels biggest critics giving his signing and a member of his coaching staff high praise. Well deserved but very bizarre. 

Somebody is after attention. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

44 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Two of Nigels biggest critics giving his signing and a member of his coaching staff high praise. Well deserved but very bizarre. 

Go find where I was a one of  NP's biggest critics, 

I will save you the time, I never have been, in fact you can find where I have said he is one of my favourite managers and did not want him sacked.

I have said as much as I liked Nige and loved his fan engagement, the football was not always as good as people make out.

I have also said I think Nige may have forced the issue to be sacked, knowing he was not getting a new contract after the nest egg situation, having an ongoing struggle with illness and knowing he had a nice contract to be looked after.

I also said I did not think Manning had the experience, but unlike some I accept a lot more goes on behind the scenes than we see as fans and prepared to accept it, go along for the ride and not chuck my dummy out the pram over matters I have no control over.

So more swalking bullshit from weston.

• Like 3
  • Flames 3
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nah, don’t think so.  He’s 35, and if we genuinely want to push on, we’ve made the right decision.  If however we were to offer him a coaching deal, that might be cool.

Might be a very astute piece of business putting him on the coaching books if possible, seems to have a very good rapport with the younger players and be a good conduit of how to behave on and off the pitch. If he’s doing his badges then our place might be a good way to continue doing them.

A good honest pro, in this premiership age of youngsters getting too much money too quickly he’s probably one of the last of his breed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Go find where I was a one of  NP's biggest critics, 

I will save you the time, I never have been, in fact you can find where I have said he is one of my favourite managers and did not want him sacked.

I have said as much as I liked Nige and loved his fan engagement, the football was not always as good as people make out.

I have also said I think Nige may have forced the issue to be sacked, knowing he was not getting a new contract after the nest egg situation, having an ongoing struggle with illness and knowing he had a nice contract to be looked after.

I also said I did not think Manning had the experience, but unlike some I accept a lot more goes on behind the scenes than we see as fans and prepared to accept it, go along for the ride and not chuck my dummy out the pram over matters I have no control over.

So more swalking bullshit from weston.

So the negative stalking **** from weston knocks someone else's one line comnent, but does not respond to my reply other than a facepalm

Oh well you will run out of those soon, as unlike others who pay to support the forum you don't.

• Like 1

Would be nice to have at least one topic on here that does not degenerate into general bitching and shit-slinging. A former manager pays tribute to a player he worked with and as usual it just descends into an online fight between 2 or 3 posters. Honestly people if a poster irritates you that much then block them or just have your digs on DM. 

• Like 14
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Would be nice to have at least one topic on here that does not degenerate into general bitching and shit-slinging. A former manager pays tribute to a player he worked with and as usual it just descends into an online fight between 2 or 3 posters. Honestly people if a poster irritates you that much then block them or just have your digs on DM. 

Its indeed getting tiresome

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Its indeed getting tiresome

Don't disagree but felt I needed to defend myself after putting a post wishing Kingy well, having it attacked as a cheek as I was one of NP's biggest critics which could not be further from the truth 

• Like 5

Back on topic…he is the only player to win League 1, the Championship and the Premier League with the same side. Some record.

(Note for stattos…’in the Premier era’. Seems 5 did it for Ipswich under a certain Alf Ramsey back in the day. They are the only others).

Thanks for everything and the very best in your future endeavours.

Edited by cityexile

NP had this to say.

I think that the most straightforward and appropriate words I can write now are - Andy King, I can categorically say, you are a manager's dream. 

In his younger days, he was a player with drive, ability and goals. In his pomp, a player with drive, ability, goals and influence. In his renaissance years, a player with ability, knowledge, influence, empathy, coaching ability, not so many goals, but a personality that is worth everything to a football club. Anyone who knows anything about the game, knows exactly what a character like @AndyKingy delivers, on and off the field.

Your career, my friend, has been one I admire. Why? Because you are one of the very few who has maximised the gifts you have. Good luck for tomorrow, enjoy your time with your lovely family, and best wishes for your future whatever you decide to do next. Cheers, Nige.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Top pro, was so nice to my kids when they met him and also overcome with the emotion and passion the Leicester fans had for him too, a true legend of the game for what he achieved, three titles at one club including the PL. Nige did the right thing bringing him and James to the club, we must keep Matty now, don’t lose that experience and class, please see sense. We need players like that in the HPC. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

As ever, one man puts it perfectly.

Classy and with gravitas. Just what you'd expect from Nige.

If King won't be around after hanging up his boots, i hope we cross paths with him again in the future. I'm sure he'll be successful in what he chooses to do next.

All the best to him.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Do we know he would have wanted a coaching deal?

I wonder the same.

Whether he wanted one or not, I hope it was his decision. It wouldn't be good if we'd willingly let him leave the building without checking whether he might want to stay.

Whatever he does in his second career I'm sure he'll do it very well. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Andy, thank you for representing your boyhood team. You're a model professional, and a credit to the game. Best wishes in your future career.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bexhill reds said:

Might be a very astute piece of business putting him on the coaching books if possible, seems to have a very good rapport with the younger players and be a good conduit of how to behave on and off the pitch. If he’s doing his badges then our place might be a good way to continue doing them.

A good honest pro, in this premiership age of youngsters getting too much money too quickly he’s probably one of the last of his breed.

I would imagine he could offer more on the grass and in terms of advice than Tinnions cosy dream team.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Thank you Andy for coming to our club. you have helped our young players enormously. Model professional, sad to see you go. I wish you and your family all the best for the future, and have no doubt that you will make a great coach.

• Like 2

Absolutely no doubt that he will have been talking to Nige, and if NP returns to a managerial role, then I'd be very confident that Andy King will join him as an assistant.

They obviously get on well, work well together and have mutual respect. I think NP will manage one more time.

I sense there is nothing NP would like more than to teach AK a few things about coaching before he retires. 

Be a very lucky club that gets those two.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

NP had this to say.

I think that the most straightforward and appropriate words I can write now are - Andy King, I can categorically say, you are a manager's dream. 

In his younger days, he was a player with drive, ability and goals. In his pomp, a player with drive, ability, goals and influence. In his renaissance years, a player with ability, knowledge, influence, empathy, coaching ability, not so many goals, but a personality that is worth everything to a football club. Anyone who knows anything about the game, knows exactly what a character like @AndyKingy delivers, on and off the field.

Your career, my friend, has been one I admire. Why? Because you are one of the very few who has maximised the gifts you have. Good luck for tomorrow, enjoy your time with your lovely family, and best wishes for your future whatever you decide to do next. Cheers, Nige.

Nige talks about everyone who serves him well like that. he genuinely appreciates good people, people who try and people willing to help others .

i was so lucky having had the pleasure of working for him and being treated like that. , everyone is an equal, if they are a good person,no matter who they are or what they do.

Andy King, thankyou for everything you did here,model pro. i only know one word,  araf doesnt seem quite fitting🤣.  stay chilled and enjoy your time with your family and good luck for the future.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I wonder the same.

Whether he wanted one or not, I hope it was his decision. It wouldn't be good if we'd willingly let him leave the building without checking whether he might want to stay.

Whatever he does in his second career I'm sure he'll do it very well. 

I don't know if he would be interested, what I do know is that up Christmas despite his title, he hadn't actually taken any coaching sessions, certainly not from U18 or above anyway.

That might have changed in the last 4 months of course, but he seems to have been involved with the first team squad just as much if not more, so I don't think it's likely.

• Like 1