IGNORED

Jon talks...

spudski

33 minutes ago, Ian M said:

It's also worth assessing which non-parachute payment achieved promotion by flouting the FFP rules at the time. I can think of at least 3 potential examples.

Nottingham Forest were one I would suggest could've been.

Wolves with the Mendes stuff another.

Leeds were cited but worth remembering that thete was no standalone Test to 2020 due to Covid and when you added in 2019-20 and 2020-21 and halved and the £50-55.5m for the Upper Loss limit they passed.

Has they not gone up, issues. Likewise Wolves in 2018. Maybe Brighton have to retrench in 2017-18 without.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Nottingham Forest were one I would suggest could've been.

Wolves with the Mendes stuff another.

Leeds were cited but worth remembering that thete was no standalone Test to 2020 due to Covid and when you added in 2019-20 and 2020-21 and halved and the £50-55.5m for the Upper Loss limit they passed.

Has they not gone up, issues. Likewise Wolves in 2018. Maybe Brighton have to retrench in 2017-18 without.

My potential examples would have been Bournemouth, Sheff Utd and QPR. Seems quite a few may only achieve because they bend the rules.

4 minutes ago, Ian M said:

My potential examples would have been Bournemouth, Sheff Utd and QPR. Seems quite a few may only achieve because they bend the rules.

Bournemouth and QPR most certainly . Pre the 3 year points deduction Rule, see also Leicester albeit QPR wwre in breach of that in receipt.

Sheffield United not so sure. In theory the improved present and future monitoring could prevent breaches before they occur.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

• Admin
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bournemouth and QPR most certainly . Pre the 3 year points deduction Rule, see also Leicester albeit QPR wwre in breach of that in receipt.

Sheffield United not so sure. In theory the improved present and future monitoring could prevent breaches before they occur.

Maybe they didn't breach but it was my understanding that if they didn't achieve promotion last season they would have had to sell players in the Summer to comply. That's kind of a breach if not quite actually one.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ian M said:

Maybe they didn't breach but it was my understanding that if they didn't achieve promotion last season they would have had to sell players in the Summer to comply. That's kind of a breach if not quite actually one.

Ah you mean Sheffield United last season? A Parachute club too.yes their financial trajectory was set to swing into the red.

They also had Cash flow and Transfer Payment issues.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ah you mean Sheffield United last season? A Parachute club too.yes their financial trajectory was set to swing into the red.

They also had Cash flow and Transfer Payment issues.

Hence why they actually spent very conservatively last Summer. They may not be shouting it's their aim but I believe they're taking the money and running to get themselves out of a pretty bleak hole.

• Like 1