IGNORED

Jon talks...

spudski

30 minutes ago, Negan said:

Good bit of form and out they pop, like clockwork. 

19 minutes ago, Big C said:

Yeah nothing to do with being the end of the season

Both of these things are true. There would have been some sort of end of season statement at some point, but a little form helps the timing no end!

14 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Feel like they're damned if they do, damned if they don't sometimes

The last JL statement was self damning and I suspect lessons have been learned. But anyone sensible still takes your point. However the last one was so awful the damnation was earned. This one was much better!

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Will take what we can get, I guess, but it is a shame that two people who made things even worse the last time they publicly spoke are being made to do it again because SL basically has no interest in doing so. 

SL appears to have effectively handed the running of the club to Jon. I don’t expect anything from Steve until such a time as we get promoted or sold!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Feel like they're damned if they do, damned if they don't sometimes

If he fronted up when we’re Ona losing run rather than only ever on a winning streak, I’d agree with you.

Whoever the interviewer surely the main question has to be, given that JL said we had a top 6 squad, does he agree switching managers was a failure?

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

If he fronted up when we’re Ona losing run rather than only ever on a winning streak, I’d agree with you.

Whoever the interviewer surely the main question has to be, given that JL said we had a top 6 squad, does he agree switching managers was a failure?

I mean he isn't going to say yes to that question is he.

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Both of these things are true. There would have been some sort of end of season statement at some point, but a little form helps the timing no end!

The last JL statement was self damning and I suspect lessons have been learned. But anyone sensible still takes your point. However the last one was so awful the damnation was earned. This one was much better!

SL appears to have effectively handed the running of the club to Jon. I don’t expect anything from Steve until such a time as we get promoted or sold!

Pre recorded to be safe and sure. What a shame we cannot do a live phone in and on the spot transparency. Does worry me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Pre recorded to be safe and sure. What a shame we cannot do a live phone in and on the spot transparency. Does worry me. 

That answers my question.

Still, Jon shat the bed publicly on his last round of club produced pre recorded interviews so no reason to think he won’t do the same here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I don’t think we need to hear from the chairman, whatever run of form we’re in.

Makes sense to hear a season-end review though. Our nice run of good form will make it much easier for him though 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I think I recall when tinnion was on, the interviewer was getting props on here for asking some direct questions,, this could be quite interesting!

9 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Despite your best efforts questions like this are very easy to answer. 

26 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I don't think too many have a great deal of time for the ones at the top at the moment, but do you really expect Chairmen/Owners from clubs to come out and give interviews multiple times per season after every losing and winning run?

It is the end of the season and if he didn't come out and speak he'd get criticised, now he is doing an interview he's getting criticised for that.

Jon talks

Jon walks

Jon is potty trained

Jon learns to draw with crayons

Jon ties his own laces

Jon goes to big school 

Jon gets to run Daddy's football club

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 5

17 minutes ago, TheReds said:

I don't think too many have a great deal of time for the ones at the top at the moment, but do you really expect Chairmen/Owners from clubs to come out and give interviews multiple times per season after every losing and winning run?

It is the end of the season and if he didn't come out and speak he'd get criticised, now he is doing an interview he's getting criticised for that.

You’ve just said exactly the same as the post I replied to.

My comment is a different point.