IGNORED

Jon talks...

spudski

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

FFS, just heard the snippet 

Jon - “I want them to understand what we are trying to achieve and how, so that we aren’t setting expectations too high” 

6 months ago….

“Promotion is the aim this season”

”best squad we’ve had at this level”

It’s just so hard to take it seriously when it can be pulled apart so easily 🤣🤣🤣

“Not a good start Boris Jon”

"There is no reason not to be excited" 

Well considering the maximum we've achieved this season is equalling last season, I'm not too sure what I'm supposed to be getting excited by? 

18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Jon - “I want them to understand what we are trying to achieve and how, so that we aren’t setting expectations too high” 

6 months ago….

It’s just so hard to take it seriously when it can be pulled apart so easily 🤣🤣🤣

I'm pretty sure at this point our club is just a meme. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, petehinton said:

6 months ago….

Yeah, I picked up on this bit too.

And the "no reason to not be excited" comment.... I'm not sure excitement is a word is use to describe Manning-ball to be honest! 

Well be interesting to listen to the whole thing though.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t mind a positioning of:

• where we should be (based on several factors), e.g. 10-12th vs what we aim for (if we can get certain bits correct), e.g. 4-6th

Yeh because that's an honest assessment of the club/squad as it stands.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

We were 15th when NP was sacked

We had to play our youth team though due to injuries. We were 8th or 9th before they occurred 

Anything about the Summer plans? 

Not listening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Seconds after being challenged on NP being sacked for results (while he was in what, 8th place?) did he say 10th-12th is about where we should be 😂

Are you saying that you believe that Pearson was sacked because of results and/or league position? 

I don't think either were anything to do with it, but the club were never going to say the real reason, were they?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 95red said:

Been told by someone  in recruitment  we won't be doing much business  this summer. He's  got no reason  to lie ,so yeh don't get to excited another borefest season beckons. 

I don’t think we need to, assume players we want to keep, e.g. Conway don’t go out the door.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think we need to, assume players we want to keep, e.g. Conway don’t go out the door.

Agreed. Need a Twine type and a new striker if Conway goes.  We’d all love 4-5 signings I’m sure but could cope with 2.  3 would be great.  This is all on top of Bird 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Are you saying that you believe that Pearson was sacked because of results and/or league position? 

I don't think either were anything to do with it, but the club were never going to say the real reason, were they?

No, NP claims he wasn’t told why, and that only later he found out it was league position. JL was reluctant to confirm anything, probably because our league position wasn’t bad given the circumstances with injuries.

I don’t believe for a second it was the primary issue, rather that months later they just can’t keep up with their own spin. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, 95red said:

Been told by someone  in recruitment  we won't be doing much business  this summer. He's  got no reason  to lie ,so yeh don't get to excited another borefest season beckons. 

We've got a good, small, focussed core to the squad. I don't want us to add loads to it - a few well considered additions is what we need (with replacements as necessary).

Hopefully the days of signing 8+ players, half of whom we never see are over. Keep the group and the ethic they've built over the last year or two.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 2

In fairness and I’m far from his biggest fan but thought he came across the best I’ve heard him but that’s coming from a low bar.  I’m not sure what else he could say in addition to how he answered each question. 

• Like 10
  • Robin 1