IGNORED

Jon talks...

spudski

15 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Why the need to repeat it over and over though? Its like you want Manning to fail so you can be proven correct. Every day, pretty much, its the same posts. Give it a rest 

No. That's the narrative you and the others want to create because you can't stand it that others call out how crap this club has been run. There are others that also post the same yet its the same old people such as yourself who constantly troll me. 

I always add context to my opinions so it's quite bizarre how you think that. 

Am I not allowed to comment on things that happen? Only allowed to post my opinion once? 

To make this very very clear, I want Bristol City to succeed. My thoughts on how that is achieved is different to yours. Thats fair enough. 

My feelings are that we will not succeed under Manning and will more than likely fail and as a Bristol City fan thats what i dont want to happen and that's what my posts are about. It's my prerogative to have those thoughts. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

It’s not about wanting him to fail, it’s just pretty obvious to see what’s about to happen. Manning gets the summer and tries to instil his way of playing.

Worst case scenario, he’s backed in the market and brings in Twine and a few others on big money. Manning then goes full Manningball and starts the season poorly, sacked by December and we’re sat in a relegation battle with the Scott and Semenyo money spent.

Best case scenario, the board still don’t trust him enough to spend so we recruit lightly this summer and can quickly pivot to a new manager when the inevitable happens.

But as Jon said today, we'd be looking to recruit another Liam Manning basically. 

Until he has another idea of a different club that we want to emulate that is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Why the need to repeat it over and over though? Its like you want Manning to fail so you can be proven correct. Every day, pretty much, its the same posts. Give it a rest 

Why the need to troll him. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Yes Dave, that's the most eye-opening part for me. He made it sound very much like the board told Manning to change. This might explain why in one presser Manning made made a point of saying 'no one was complaining when the block worked against Southampton and West Ham'.

Which brings us to a strange scenario whereby we actually have Jon L to thank for our success 🤣

It’s funny, because when LM said that, I was indeed buzzing from the result, but I also said that it didn’t take Albert Einstein to work out that a specific approach to 1) a high possession Championship team like Saints or 2) a PL team like West Ham, wasn’t gonna be the model for most “bread and butter” games.  So to say we were happy, was more a case of happy for those couple / few games, and not happy at all at some of the other games around that period.

I might be a million miles off target, but I still think the players went “rogue” in that last 30 mins v Swansea in reaction to boos aimed at LM inadvertently seem like they were aimed at the players.  Rogue is a shit word, perhaps more they decided their way of problem solving was better.  You know what I mean.

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

So much talk , hints from Tinnion etc big front man is a target , I think even if Conway stays that may well happen 

I’m getting the impression (with absolutely nothing to back it up 🤣🤣🤣) that the no9, although being brought in to add a presence may not be a “big signing”, ie we will try to keep Conway and the new no9 is more of an “option”, as TC remains key.

If TC goes, we will replace TC appropriately.

So the bulk of the “money” will be on Twine.

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

How can you state that our complete transfer budget will be used up on Twine?

It will probably cost us the £4m Burnley paid for him. I would be surprised if Wells is still with us at start of season and Conway looks 80% out of the door 

Regardless of what we pay for Twine or an alternative, the priority has always been a striker that has more physical presence but a bit of pace also and they don’t come cheap 

There is almost certainly funds held back from the sale of Scott and what was spent in January was minimal

I would not be surprised if we spent £10m - £12m on the two key positions and hope the business is done early 

What we need to be mindful of is if anyone comes in for any of our players!! 

I can’t see us spending more that £3-5m in total (assuming no sales).

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

The clubs senior management have stated numerous times and even during the January window that a striker was a priority in the summer as would be a No10 

Conway probably knows he would be playing second fiddle to whoever they bring in which means Wells would be 3rd choice. Add in Stokes who appears to be impressing everyone at the HPC then do you think we will go with 4 forwards vying for 1 maybe 2 spots on a match day?

See above reply to Cov77 re my latest thoughts on the no9.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's my prerogative to have those thoughts. 

Yes it’s your prerogative, but why the need to mention it all the time? As for trolling you - as if - most of the time i skip your posts because i know exactly what you are going to say - always negative about the club you “support”. Your relationship with the club seems so broken, why do you even bother?

It is a given Manning will be sacked - whether a year or 3 years from now. Thats the life of a modern coach. I just prefer to focus on the positives rather than moan about everything. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

FFS, just heard the snippet 

Jon - “I want them to understand what we are trying to achieve and how, so that we aren’t setting expectations too high” 

6 months ago….

“Promotion is the aim this season”

”best squad we’ve had at this level”

It’s just so hard to take it seriously when it can be pulled apart so easily 🤣🤣🤣

Utterly ****ing despicable. 

S.U.A.F.O.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Yes it’s your prerogative, but why the need to mention it all the time? As for trolling you - as if - most of the time i skip your posts because i know exactly what you are going to say - always negative about the club you “support”. Your relationship with the club seems so broken, why do you even bother?

It is a given Manning will be sacked - whether a year or 3 years from now. Thats the life of a modern coach. I just prefer to focus on the positives rather than moan about everything. 

Simple. The club isn't the board or the manager. This is our club. 

The lies etc from the likes of JL has fractured the fanbase. It's not just me. 

• Like 14
  • Facepalm 6

24 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

It’s not about wanting him to fail, it’s just pretty obvious to see what’s about to happen. Manning gets the summer and tries to instil his way of playing.

Worst case scenario, he’s backed in the market and brings in Twine and a few others on big money. Manning then goes full Manningball and starts the season poorly, sacked by December and we’re sat in a relegation battle with the Scott and Semenyo money spent.

Best case scenario, the board still don’t trust him enough to spend so we recruit lightly this summer and can quickly pivot to a new manager when the inevitable happens.

Yeah think you've got a bit carried away there.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

the no9, although being brought in to add a presence may not be a “big signing”, ie we will try to keep Conway and the new no9 is more of an “option”, as TC remains key.

I agree with this - sure Tinnion said on sound of the city a few weeks back that they were looking in Europe (as cheaper) - so if we get anyone I expect a young physical no 9; nothing that will break the bank. Most of the money goes on the no. 10 (ideally Twine) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eardun said:

I agree with this - sure Tinnion said on sound of the city a few weeks back that they were looking in Europe (as cheaper) - so if we get anyone I expect a young physical no 9; nothing that will break the bank. Most of the money goes on the no. 10 (ideally Twine) 

And much further afield!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Simple. The club isn't the board or the manager. This is our club. 

The lies etc from the likes of JL has fractured the fanbase. It's not just me. 

Not quite sure why Tim and Tom have felt the need to facepalm me stating an obvious fact that a club is the fans and not the ownership. Says it all. 

• Facepalm 3

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not quite sure why Tim and Tom have felt the need to facepalm me stating an obvious fact that a club is the fans and not the ownership. Says it all. 

Wasn’t that I was “facepalming” as that is clearly obvious. It’s this ridiculous statement > “The lies etc from the likes of JL has fractured the fanbase. It's not just me.”

I hope that’s cleared it. Up. As you were. 

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Wasn’t that I was “facepalming” as that is clearly obvious. It’s this ridiculous statement > “The lies etc from the likes of JL has fractured the fanbase. It's not just me.”

What bit don't you agree with?

• Like 4

Putting my head above the parapet here but expect to be shot down , I thought he spoke fairly well tbh , 

just because you are a chairman or a football manager doesn’t give you the divine right to be a professional guest speaker , for some people it’s there worst nightmare . 
As for Manning I think his interviews have got better and more interesting as the season has gone on ( only slightly more interesting may I add ) but like the team slowly going the right way .

I really feel next year is going to be very interesting in what way I don’t know but I really don’t know what to expect 

• Like 3

Unless the new proposed number 9 is if a definite next level calibre I find this talk of selling, let alone bumping Conway down the pecking order a bit bizarre.

We have a striker of some promise age 21, becoming 22 jn August, yes several penalties this season but double figures in his first 2 full seasons, some assists too.

Clearly if we get silly money, or even an acceptable bid and he won't sign we have to consider but the idea of bumping him down the pecking order I don't get.

6 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

But it's not ridiculous. 

And it is not just him.

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

That’s your opinion and I respect it. It’s not mine. 

Really looking forward to next season so not gonna get dragged into negativity.

COYRs 

Jon Lansdown has been incompetent ever since he begun pretty much. Or ineffective at minimum.

Maybe tonight marks a turning point but whether the penny has dropped with Manning, major red flags about the hierarchy still exist.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 6
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, redkev said:

Putting my head above the parapet here but expect to be shot down , I thought he spoke fairly well tbh , 

just because you are a chairman or a football manager doesn’t give you the divine right to be a professional guest speaker , for some people it’s there worst nightmare . 
As for Manning I think his interviews have got better and more interesting as the season has gone on ( only slightly more interesting may I add ) but like the team slowly going the right way .

I really feel next year is going to be very interesting in what way I don’t know but I really don’t know what to expect 

Would you not expect somebody in a senior position in a business to have had some communication and presentation skills training? Except perhaps when you get the job through nepotism so don't need to prove you have the necessary skills.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

That’s your opinion and I respect it. It’s not mine. 

Really looking forward to next season so not gonna get dragged into negativity.

COYRs 

Fair enough. 

I wish I had your optimism. 

For the avoidance of doubt, I really do.

Just now, Kingswood Robin said:

At the very end he talks about - getting ourselves in the best position so we can push when the times right.

Does anybody know what that means?

No. I don't. 

But I do think that we WERE in the best position in the autumn.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Kingswood Robin said:

At the very end he talks about - getting ourselves in the best position so we can push when the times right.

When someone else is providing the money. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I think it means the push will always be in the future

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

When he's gone

Because we won't do anything while it's his plaything

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1