IGNORED

Should James get a new deal?

Should James get a new deal?  

347 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/31/24 at 23:00

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not if we are competing against a 3 year offer.

I don't think that's something we should be considering for him. 

1 year, definitely. Possible an agreeable option on a 3nd year, based of appearances/availability during the 1st year. 

I'd be quite happy with 2 years personally. Third year Idk but would any Championship club offer him that at this time.

22 hours ago, RedRoss said:

It's a no from me. We have enough in that position next season i.e Knight, TGH, Williams?, Bird and more cover from Naismith and McCrorie if needed. 

The wages would be available for another player to come in for a position we are lacking in. 

I'll be honest. Of our midfield the one I wouldn't mind leaving the most would be TGH. Flatters to deceive. Along with Naismith, although latter more due to poor availability.

Could honestly see him going to League One on loan next season. Especially if we keep the 5-2-3/3-4-3 shape into next season.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bird is James' direct replacement.

I don't see where TGH gets in the side if Williams extends. He's still a young(er) player, but he needs minutes.

Edited by Fuber

No, wages too high, age not on his side, nor speed and bird is his perfect replacement. If we’re keeping Williams, we don’t keep James as we have other midfielders to compete such as knight, TGH, and maybe even stokes and/or Murphy.

I voted yes. He’s an important player for us, and I’m assuming his experience is a massive bonus in the dressing room as well.

Caveats are that we have a new signing in Bird (but I know nothing about him as a player) so we’ll have a surplus in midfield - but with our injury record maybe that’s a good thing. Also presumably James would have to be offered a lower wage. 

• Like 1