IGNORED

Tonight's games

Super

5 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Are you that convinced on Martin going? Saints fans really like him and with assets they can sell they will be active in market this summer. 

Southampton have a major swing into the red FFP wise for one as the starting point, albeit the major sales laat year.

Whether Martin goes Idk but subtract £22m from their Upper Loss limit and £10m from Year 2 for Parachute Payments, ditto for Leeds.

Which assets will be sold? Adams to name one is out of contract.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

35 minutes ago, mozo said:

Without doubt, Ipswich had their luckiest season. But they did everything right to take advantage. We're waiting for our lucky season, and to be capable of taking advantage.

We had that in 2008 and got unstuck by injuries.

• Like 1

Just shows what intent, passion and smart recruitment can do. 

Not a team full of world beaters, no Summervilles or Dewsbury-Halls, but key traits in key positions that lets them play a certain style of football that matches their squad. And play it well. 

Will be interesting to see what happens if they go up, think Leif Davies will go and that won’t be an easy replacement. Wouldn’t be surprised if another club try’s to get Mckenna either. Think if they start losing a few it could all fall apart but that’s just a guess. 

51 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Are you that convinced on Martin going? Saints fans really like him and with assets they can sell they will be active in market this summer. 

Part guess work, part I don’t like him! 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

GK:

Hladky- 45 Starts

DF:

Clarke- 25 Starts plus 10 Sub Appearances

Burgess- 37 Starts plus 1 Sub Appearance

Woolfenden- 39 Starts, plus 1 Sub Appearance

Davis- 42 Starts

Luongo- 36 Starts, plus 6 Sub Appearances

Morsy- 41 Starts

Broadhead- 29 Starts, plus 9 Sub Appearances

Burns- 30 Starts, plus 4 Sub Appearances

Chaplin- 41 Starts, plus 2 Sub Appearances

Hirst- 23 Starts, plus 2 Sub Appearances

Did their loanees get many injuries either? Twine was out for 2 months after 1 game 1 Goal, dunno if Moore, Travis etc had much time out either.

You run this season 19 more times, you won't get this likely outcome for Ipswich, 1 in 20 IMO.

It would have been shorter and more honest to write that you just hate Ipswich. 😅 Clarke, with his long-standing Achilles issue, isn't 1st choice RB as an aside. It was Janoi Donacien, who picked up a season-ender in our third game sadly. Subsequently we went all-out for Brandon Williams (8 starts, 7 subs), whose wages we continue to cover while he battles his off-field issues in Manchester. Axel Tuanzebe is our replacement 1st choice RB now he's fully over his back troubles (15 Starts, 2 Subs). Appreciate those numbers don't support your post so well. 

Moore has made himself available throughout, albeit he played through a back strain and facial injury. Al-Hamadi has needed groin surgery since early February, and so hasn't featured since Hirst's recovery, but he and Moore covered CF on a 20:80 basis from February to mid-April. Travis' signing was important, with Taylor injured for 8 games and Evans out for most of the season, but he hasn't played much since February on account of Morsy and Luongo staying available, plus Taylor recovering.

How does this compare to Leeds' starting XI, one might wonder? 

Meslier - 42 Starts

Gray - 40 Starts, plus 3 Sub Appearances

Rodon - 41 Starts, plus 1 Sub Appearance

Ampadu - 45 Starts

Byram - 23 Starts, plus 9 Sub Appearances

Kamara - 32 Starts, plus 4 Sub Appearances

Gruev - 19 Starts, plus 9 Sub Appearances 

Rutter - 43 Starts, plus 1 Sub Appearance

Summerville - 40 Starts, plus 2 Sub Appearances 

James - 28 Starts, plus 12 Sub Appearances

Piroe - 30 Starts, plus 14 Sub Appearances 

Notable others:

Gnonto - 18 Starts, plus 17 Sub Appearances 

Bamford - 15 Starts, plus 18 Sub Appearances 

Struijk - 22 Starts, plus 1 Sub Appearance

Firpo - 18 Starts, plus 7 Sub Appearances

Leeds' star attackers have been injury-free throughout, excepting Bamford who missed the first 8 games. Bamford and Piroe have shared CF, Gnonto and James RW, while Summerville and Rutter have been almost ever-present. Their two notable injuries of the season were in defensive areas: Struijk and Firpo (half-season injuries in the George Hirst category). Yet they were able to cover the back 5 positions with just 7 players for the vast majority of it. In the two DM positions, they have had almost permanent access to their best four of Kamara, Gruev, Ampadu and Gray. Quite remarkable really.

Suggestion Ipswich has benefited more than Leeds on this front is for the birds, albeit you may consider both to be anomalous. I don't recall injuries to Leicester's big guns; a quick glance shows the following have 38-45 league appearances this season KDH, Mavididi, Winks, Faes, Justin, Pereira, Vestergaard, Hermansen, and Fatawu (Vardy 34, Choudhury 33, Ndidi 31). Leicester's availability of "first teamers" may actually be the best of the three. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Really? I had the opposite impression but that's from a sample size of one.

6 hours ago, Mr Chappers said:

It’s simple, I missed one game at home last season, Luton Town. I missed one game at home this season, Ipswich Town. 
I rest my case….

Just need to miss all Bristol City home matches next year then ✅

8 hours ago, SkuseMe said:

It would have been shorter and more honest to write that you just hate Ipswich. 😅.

I appreciate you may not be a regular reader of this forum, but it is Aston Villa that Mr. Pop hates.

In so far as it concerns Ipswich, and this appears to be the case with many on here, it is Mark Ashton that he hates.

Hope that helps 😉.

13 hours ago, pillred said:

Is it just me or are Ipswich not really that good?

I thought the same when we played them, the game at home didn't impress me at all - but they did what they needed to I guess.

The away game was just weird, worst first half of football i've seen in a long time and then we got caught out by Cam being left on whilst clearly struggling.

Also thought their home support was crap until they went ahead

• Like 1