IGNORED

Stoke City away match thread

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not seen any play but seen the stats..how have we set up?

McCrorie, Tanner, Dickie, Roberts

Sykes Twine, Mehmeti

That is interesting, it feels and sounds lopsided just looking at the personnel.

No, stuck with 3421, Sykes LWB.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

We can't cope with the pace of Manhoef and Bae Jun Ho. Go to a 3-4-2-1, by subbing Sykes and McCrorie, for Zak and TGH RWB with Roberts LWB?

That’s what we did play for the first 57 minutes Mark!

9 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Credit in the bank with who? Certainly not me.

Team that reflects it's coach, boring, predictable and weak

Major clearout required for next season else it looks bleak to me.

Looks like we were off for an early summer holiday.  Not at the races in any department.

Stoke scored 4, hit the woodwork 2 or 3 times, had a goal disallowed and max made a couple of good saves.  Could easily have beenn 9 or 10.

Not sure if our goal was offside or not, but had it not been struck off, I guess it might have been completely different game. 

Lets see what business we can do in the summer and hope for better things next season.

• Like 1
Just now, One Team said:

Completely agree. A dreadful end to a truly appalling season on and off the pitch. 

Just pleased it’s over with too much medium-term damage. Over to the board to support LM with the signings he needs. 

• Robin 1
2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Irrelevant match. If we’d won 4-0 I wouldn’t be any more excited for next season and the fact we’ve lost doesn’t change anything either 

Not ‘irrelevant’ to the people who have shelled out their hard earned to watch that crap. 

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Not at all. We were in debt before the excellent run. 

Judge this game on its own. Awful.

It was shit, that’s my judgement. Won’t be ruining my weekend. Next time we play it won’t be that eleven starting, or it better not be, and that’s when we really start to judge, no hiding places or excuses then. His players, his tactics, his shape, his style etc. Pre-season, new signings and we can finally see what LM brings to the party. If it’s not much he’s gone by October, if it’s something most people will be happy.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

It was shit, that’s my judgement. Won’t be ruining my weekend. Next time we play it won’t be that eleven starting, or it better not be, and that’s when we really start to judge, no hiding places or excuses then. His players, his tactics, his shape, his style etc. Pre-season, new signings and we can finally see what LM brings to the party. If it’s not much he’s gone by October, if it’s something most people will be happy.

That starting 11 won't massively change next season!

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Needs or wants ?

For me today is a good test of the hierarchy. Wake up call, what are you going to do? Need to add some good championship quality, three or four of them alongside those coming back from long term injury, not just Max Bird and that will do us…….

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

That starting 11 won't massively change next season!

We’ll see in the next 12 weeks.

A game to give Stoke credit, sometimes you find a team who give you a really rough afternoon.  They were in our faces, their movement was good, too often 3 CBs vs 1 striker and then overloads elsewhere.

Thought Sykes gave no defensive support to Roberts, often 2 v 1.

+++++

Season since Easter has been positive, but plenty of work to do.  The run has recovered us back to around where we should’ve finished.  Now for Manning to use preseason and improve us / carry on the trend.

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I hate this on the beach excuse - what were Stoke doing then?

Just said same on BBCRB 

• Like 5