IGNORED

Birmingham City

6 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Because only one other team has gone down with 50+ pts in the last 10 years (Blackburn, straight back up with 96pts).

And they have good players for L1 that they will either keep or sell for decent money.

And they have new owners who will put their hands in their pocket.

Their losses from the last 2 seasons will overhang and I doubt they have budgeted for a bit to the TV money alone.

-£25m in 2022-23, something this season.

I do take your point, they should do well but League One has financial rules too- it's a bit complex moving between the divisions however.

I've sought to extrapolate from their 6 month accounts at the HKSE and new sponsorship, firing Eustace, hiring Rooney, firing Rooney, hiring Mowbray is bound to cost. Rjeu appear to have lost money despite and including a rise in income and the Bellingham sell on in 6 months to December 31 2023.

Emergency interim for Rowett also.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

39 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Because only one other team has gone down with 50+ pts in the last 10 years (Blackburn, straight back up with 96pts).

And they have good players for L1 that they will either keep or sell for decent money.

And they have new owners who will put their hands in their pocket.

They are an absolute basket case of a club. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Their losses from the last 2 seasons will overhang and I doubt they have budgeted for a bit to the TV money alone.

-£25m in 2022-23, something this season.

I do take your point, they should do well but League One has financial rules too- it's a bit complex moving between the divisions however.

I've sought to extrapolate from their 6 month accounts at the HKSE and new sponsorship, firing Eustace, hiring Rooney, firing Rooney, hiring Mowbray is bound to cost. Rjeu appear to have lost money despite and including a rise in income and the Bellingham sell on in 6 months to December 31 2023.

Emergency interim for Rowett also.

Made this point on X earlier.  Depending on how much they made on Bellingham’s sell-on (not mentioned as post-account events) they are gonna be taking some baggage down with them financially.  Whilst they can invest equity under SCMP they can’t go mad because that gets ignored if they come back up.

Ipswich went down with small losses.  Marcus Evans did something good.

Birmingham don’t appear to be in anywhere near as strong a FFP / SCMP position to buy their way out of League 1.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

It will be tough for them to compete with the likes of mighty Bristol Rovers and their 'reasonable' budget next season.

Have their fans ever experienced the unique atmosphere of the Mem?

I expect it will be the first game they look for when the fixtures come out. It will be akin to an away game at Villa Park for the Bluenoses when they visit the white hot cauldron of noise that is the mem.

Found this on a forum for fans of all clubs;

Leicester 0-2 Blackburn.
Not the best end to an odd season.

Yeah. Thanks. Cheers. Well done.
A Birmingham Fan.
(We only needed 1 of Blackburn, Plymouth or Sheff Wed to lose, but despite doing it all season, you all managed to win today..... Unbelievable Jeff !! )

• Like 1

Of all the Championship clubs Birmingham are/were the one that I really dislike. There’s something about St Andrews and the surrounding area of Brum that I find really dreadful so I’m delighted that they’ll be playing the gas next season…….:rofl2br:

• Like 6

• Admin
3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Have it.

I hope they have a splendid summer holiday down Brean this year.

Happy League 1 *****

I'm going out in Weston this afternoon,  ironically one of the acts singing in a bar on the sea front is a blue nose, I've had great banter with him and his wife in the past

I wonder if they'll be as jolly today 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I'm going out in Weston this afternoon,  ironically one of the acts singing in a bar on the sea front is a blue nose, I've had great banter with him and his wife in the past

I’ve got a couple of mates that are blues fans’ there genuinely pretty chilled about relegation’ they think they’re coming straight back up .

• Haha 1

In fairness they should have one of the highest incomes in the division so they should perhaps come straight back up, especially with Derby, and before that Sheffield Wednesday, now Portsmouth and who knows maybe Bolton playoffs still mean it is pending. 

Of course it isn't always so simple, see Reading and Wigan..can be a slog that League, depending on how well you are run too but the gap especially financially can be large.

Some Birmingham fans are talking about revenue of £40-50m even in League One??

Someone square this circle.

Okay you can 'gift' income potentially under SCMP but it will hinder you as soon as you return to the Championship.

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I expect it will be the first game they look for when the fixtures come out. It will be akin to an away game at Villa Park for the Bluenoses when they visit the white hot cauldron of noise that is the mem.

Less a cauldron, more like crusty old pisspot.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They still are very bullish, some of them I should add. Not looked at a wide cross section but Ipswich had new owners in 2021, it would be a risk of course but I do believe new ownership or impetus or direction is required here badly.

So you admire the new owners of Ipswich who appointed Mark Ashton as CEO as one of their first acts! Mind you he hasn't done so bad, maybe people on here were a bit unfair with their opinions?

6 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

So you admire the new owners of Ipswich who appointed Mark Ashton as CEO as one of their first acts! Mind you he hasn't done so bad, maybe people on here were a bit unfair with their opinions?

They managed him rather closely, as a team/squad well above the sum of their parts IMO and it was a 1 in 20 type season in which yes they did brilliantly but everything went right too.

6 hours ago, phantom said:

What bar does music on the front phantom , 

drove past the royal York Hotel on the front yesterday about 5 pm music was bumping from the outside seating area and loads dancing looked a really good atmosphere, as for the rest of the front 

nicks Bar , sass , Olea , weatherspoons , Vinnies and the whole promenade absolutely packed