IGNORED

Don't get your hopes up

JAWS

We're the 5th biggest city in England. FIFTH! 22 years in & still managing our expectations. F*@k off you condescending disingenuous c**ts. Lower your price (you will still have enough to live on if you lived another 1000 years) & simplify the no doubt complicated terms.

👋

• Like 8
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 4
  • Facepalm 4

3 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

Just like to say well done to Ipswich Town a well run club with no parachute payments promoted to the prem at the 1st attempt. Perhaps Mark Ashton wasn’t the problem after all?! 
The status quo will continue next season and for the foreseeable under this Zombie ownership. There will be 3/4 players going out and the same coming in, possibly of a lower quality than those exiting. One or both of Pompey and Derby will leapfrog us. Another season will pass by false dawn after false dawn. Rinse and repeat (again). 

I think the job that Ashton has done at Ipswich brings the Lansdowns even more under the microscope. I’m happy to draw a line under this season and give Manning a clean slate, though I’m far from convinced. 

However, get off to a poor start and I expect the majority of the flak to be directed at the owners and Tinnion. They lost me when they appointed Holden, looks like many many more have had enough of this ownership now. 

• Like 13
  • Flames 6

Decision not to back NP, or show a pathway to bring backed and provide with a new contract combined with the nest egg comments did it for me.

We can but hope that the opportunity to build on a solid base is taken this summer, to salvage it as best we can.

I'm hoping..

*New contact for James

*New contract for Williams

*New contract for Conway or at worst wait and go to Tribunal.

*Twine or other 10 and striker.

*Keep anyone else who is key, stand firm.

Plus without going nuts if we can get depth to improve the position a bit, we go for it. Still think a 4th CB but then I'm pro 4-3-3 so maybe I'm out of touch.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The only duty of the owner of a club is to leave it in a better position than it was when they took it over.

For all the "might have beens" can anyone seriously argue that the Lansdown family has not improved the club under their ownership?

Really?? 22 yrs to leave it in a better position? TWENTY TWO YEARS! 

I suspect the reason no one has taken over yet is cos SL wants all his money back! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Decision not to back NP, or show a pathway to bring backed and provide with a new contract combined with the nest egg comments did it for me.

We can but hope that the opportunity to build on a solid base is taken this summer, to salvage it as best we can.

I'm hoping..

*New contact for James

*New contract for Williams

*New contract for Conway or at worst wait and go to Tribunal.

*Twine or other 10 and striker.

*Keep anyone else who is key, stand firm.

Plus without going nuts if we can get depth to improve the position a bit, we go for it. Still think a 4th CB but then I'm pro 4-3-3 so maybe I'm out of touch.

Why would we back NP he had shown nothing to suggest he was the man to take us forward. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 18

36 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The only duty of the owner of a club is to leave it in a better position than it was when they took it over.

For all the "might have beens" can anyone seriously argue that the Lansdown family has not improved the club under their ownership?

If I was really cynical, I might suggest that turning a business with £9m in debt to one with £200m might counter some of that positive feeling?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

He hasn’t tho,his ego plan has left us in a awful state 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

49 minutes ago, JAWS said:

We're the 5th biggest city in England. FIFTH! 22 years in & still managing our expectations. F*@k off you condescending disingenuous c**ts. Lower your price (you will still have enough to live on if you lived another 1000 years) & simplify the no doubt complicated terms.

👋

Lansdown is bloody lucky we had the shite history before him, fans way too accepting of mediocre and our place in the hierarchy

Given our fanbase and resources it's been 25 years of utter failure 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Lansdown is bloody lucky we had the shite history before him, fans way too accepting of mediocre and our place in the hierarchy

Absolutely. Let us remember that also in those 25 years, Blackpool, Bmouth, Luton, Brighton, Cardiff, Swansea, Brentford etc etc have all tasted the Premier League before we have.

Bar the infrastructure it has been a complete and utter failure. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If I was really cynical, I might suggest that turning a business with £9m in debt to one with £200m might counter some of that positive feeling?

Spot on Fevs! Hence my 'money back' shout. The amount of spending without relative reward is obscene. I would go as far to say we must be one of the most inefficient clubs in that regard & I also think SL will want his money back as a minimum. This is probably the reason no one can afford us as they will have to pay a disproportionate amount.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Absolutely. Let us remember that also in those 25 years, Blackpool, Bmouth, Luton, Brighton, Cardiff, Swansea, Brentford etc etc have all tasted the Premier League before we have.

Bar the infrastructure it has been a complete and utter failure. 

Deffo BR. But also grating that SL uses those outliers/overachievers as examples. 'We had a better squad than Luton' blah blah

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Also bloody lucky that Rovers exist 

3 hours ago, JAWS said:

Nothing will change under the Lansdown family. They've had 22 years to realise our potential and still we hear the same rhetoric ⌛🤡🤠 🥱

Genuinely, if it depresses you that much, why bother us with it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Excellent point.

For a long time I've felt that the mentality of the club (and large parts of the fanbase too if we're being honest) is something that holds us back.

I think the fans of many other clubs would laugh at what we sometimes consider to be "success"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'd suggest they should also be busting a gut at all times to get the club as high up the tree as possible. Have they really done that? Have they been physically and mentally present enough to achieve anything more?

Too many occasions where we've all been left thinking, if only we'd done a bit more. It's a C+ for me, capable of achieving so much more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cidre Monita said:

Just like to say well done to Ipswich Town a well run club with no parachute payments promoted to the prem at the 1st attempt. Perhaps Mark Ashton wasn’t the problem after all?! 
The status quo will continue next season and for the foreseeable under this Zombie ownership. There will be 3/4 players going out and the same coming in, possibly of a lower quality than those exiting. One or both of Pompey and Derby will leapfrog us. Another season will pass by false dawn after false dawn. Rinse and repeat (again). 

I would love to disagree with you but sadly I think you may be right, still don't like Ashton though :thumbsup:

• Admin
11 hours ago, JAWS said:

👋

I never realised football success was related to the size of the location they were based 🤦