IGNORED

Don't get your hopes up

JAWS

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

SL is absolutely brilliant at investing too much at the wrong time (when GJ was randomly signing striker after striker towards his end) & of course the LJ/Ashton era then not investing enough (GJ’s playoff final season, Nige earlier on in this one).

Yes, SL often, persistently in fact backs the wrong horse at the wrong time.

It's incredible really.

• Like 4

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes, SL often, persistently in fact backs the wrong horse at the wrong time.

It's incredible really.

Yep he never learns, you’d think with all the experience we have at the club at the moment he’d be taking some serious advice’ oh hang on a minute.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Yep he never learns, you’d think with all the experience we have at the club at the moment he’d be taking some serious advice’ oh hang on a minute.

The guy is a buffoon. 

S.U.A.F.O.

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

On 04/05/2024 at 20:45, Mr Popodopolous said:

Decision not to back NP, or show a pathway to bring backed and provide with a new contract combined with the nest egg comments did it for me.

We can but hope that the opportunity to build on a solid base is taken this summer, to salvage it as best we can.

I'm hoping..

*New contact for James

*New contract for Williams⏲️

*New contract for Conway or at worst wait and go to Tribunal.⏲️

*Twine or other 10 and striker.⏲️

*Keep anyone else who is key, stand firm.⏲️

Plus without going nuts if we can get depth to improve the position a bit, we go for it. Still think a 4th CB but then I'm pro 4-3-3 so maybe I'm out of touch.

Well one of these is down, and I fear a 2nd..

Albeit Williams going maybe out of our hands but to lose both.. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well one of these is down, and I fear a 2nd..

Albeit Williams going maybe out of our hands but to lose both.. 

if we had offered Williams a contract around Christmas time I’m pretty sure he’d of signed it’ by leaving it until he’s actually out of contract we’ve given him and his agent all the power ‘ Preston won’t be paying him what he was on here but a nice signing on fee will make it attractive for him ‘ small chance he’ll stay with us I think.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

if we had offered Williams a contract around Christmas time I’m pretty sure he’d of signed it’ by leaving it until he’s actually out of contract we’ve given him and his agent all the power ‘ Preston won’t be paying him what he was on here but a nice signing on fee will make it attractive for him ‘ small chance he’ll stay with us I think.

Signing on fee, location ie back to the North West..security as in longer contract?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Signing on fee, location ie back to the North West..security as in longer contract?

We can offer him a signing bonus too, it’s not something that Preston only can offer, it doesn’t have to be a differentiator.

19 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

The brains trust of Jon Lansdown and Tinnion at work again. What hope have we got.

Just Tinnion on this occasion.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

46 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We can offer him a signing bonus too, it’s not something that Preston only can offer, it doesn’t have to be a differentiator.

Just Tinnion on this occasion.

I think joe felt a little undervalued’ the club made it really clear nothing was going to be offered until the end of the season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

I think joe felt a little undervalued’ the club made it really clear nothing was going to be offered until the end of the season.

My impression is that he’s had more playing time under Manning than he had under Pearson.  There was a very long period when Pearson was saying that Williams couldn’t be risked for anything like 90 minutes.  I’m not sure that Williams has justification for feeling undervalued, given how supportive the club appeared to be about his persistent injury problems.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

My impression is that he’s had more playing time under Manning than he had under Pearson.  There was a very long period when Pearson was saying that Williams couldn’t be risked for anything like 90 minutes.  I’m not sure that Williams has justification for feeling undervalued, given how supportive the club appeared to be about his persistent injury problems.

There’s an argument the club didn’t handle joes original injury very well’ he’s been fit for 18 months now .

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Yep, as I’ve said before…with the club taking this approach, they’ve left themselves wide open to him getting “better” (not just financial) offers elsewhere.

Nor does he have to rush into a decision.  Club can withdraw offer of course after a set period.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2024 at 16:25, Cidre Monita said:

Yes Graham you are correct it is our club and means a hell of a lot to us all. However it’s now got to the point where I think that buying season cards, or putting any money into the coffers is helping prop up the Lansdown regime.

Not really. Like most PL and Championship clubs, the majority of our income doesn't come from fans. Lansdown would make bigger losses if fewer people attended but they wouldn't be a staggering blow to a bloke who is a billionaire. 

He wants to sell up. What stops his departure is the price he wants for what is at present only a very modestly successful project. Making it less successful won't speed his leaving the club. 

On 05/05/2024 at 14:05, JAWS said:

Don't recall GJ being backed to the hilt? He certainly wasn't when it really mattered ie. the January window. A shame cos we could've been top 2 instead of 4th

I remember Lansdown asking him if he needed an extra striker at the time to which johnson Sn said at the time im happy with my family now johnson jr he had his goldmine to spend and mostly purchased crap players except Brownhill and webster .

Edited by Cityboy1954