IGNORED

Liam Rosenior Sacked

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh they are the most recent and available. We won't know 2023-24 figures for some while.

Yeah agree - but using the 22/23 seasons squads after Hulls heavy investment this year to call it a bonkers sacking is misleading at best.

• Like 1

Sounds a bit more to it than just not making the playoffs given this is the reasoning given by Hull in their statement: 

“However, it has become evident that our visions for the future are not aligned and I feel that now is the time to make a change. Our philosophy is clear, we will continue to drive this club forward, and whilst doing so I will continue to be open and transparent with our fans.”

Hull City | Club Statement: Hull City And Liam Rosenior Part Ways

Edited by eardun

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah agree - but using the 22/23 seasons squads after Hulls heavy investment this year to call it a bonkers sacking is misleading at best.

Oh for sure it will have shot up, Rosenior did claim a few months ago that their wage bill was middling though but definitely not 16th.

Ours at £35m was misleading on 2 levels, 1) That included the £9.1m in AGL costs and b) A 13th month. Club specific we were around £2m per month without checking and 1e months took it to £26m.

I reckon possibly prior to the changes of October and January our Bristol City FC wage bill is around £20m.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Derby will have still had one of the bigger budgets at the level laat season, restricted due to their past disaster but level for level, up there for sure. He was possibly harshly sacked there.

He had no budget.

1 hour ago, Selred said:

He had no budget.

How much of this was football side is open to debate, but this was Derby wage Bill in League 1 under Rosenior/Warne. How much was Warne related again open to debate.

You are however correct about the no budget for fees.

Screenshot_20240507-214111_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.4568f98d710c981b1a2ffbc615c48c19.jpg

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Sounds a bit more to it than just not making the playoffs given this is the reasoning given by Hull in their statement: 

“However, it has become evident that our visions for the future are not aligned and I feel that now is the time to make a change. Our philosophy is clear, we will continue to drive this club forward, and whilst doing so I will continue to be open and transparent with our fans.”

Hull City | Club Statement: Hull City And Liam Rosenior Part Ways

I’m wondering if they’re after a “name”. Seems the owner wants to get to the PL quickly. Wouldn’t surprise me if Cooper got the job.

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Its definitely misleading when the owner has said publicly that he's doubled the wage bill which would put them between us and WBA around 6th. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Its definitely misleading when the owner has said publicly that he's doubled the wage bill which would put them between us and WBA around 6th. 

He doubled the wage bill from the point he took over to last year.

He declared in Summer 2022 that he had doubled it or trebled it even and that was from a very low base..from 2021-22 to 2022-23 year on year it nearly doubled.

I suspect it has gone up again but not doubled as that would be £45-46m??

On paper, 7th in a what’s probably been the most competitive Championship for a while (four teams with a really high points total, and 50 points sending you down) is a decent finish for a non parachute payment club. I’d have certainly given him another year to get it right and I expect Hull would have likely been top six next year under Rosenior.

It’s hard to see the true picture without watching a team week in week out though. Certainly against us, they were leading in both games but ended up taking just a point from the two fixtures. At Ashton Gate in particular, they capitulated. Maybe their board felt his team lacked the backbone to see out those kind of games?

Edited by Wanderingred

12 hours ago, The Coach said:

I’m wondering if they’re after a “name”. Seems the owner wants to get to the PL quickly. 

Birmingham were 6th and sacked their Manager as they wanted a "name". That didn't quite work out either.

Hull owner is always good for a quote.

https://talksport.com/football/1859026/hull-owner-acun-ilicali-liam-rosenior-sacked/

Hull won't be able to spend the same amount as his prior jobs, Cooper is linked..surely Hull have burnt through a lot of headroom.

https://www.facebook.com/talkSPORT/videos/1141336480546575/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

With those forwards, and the money being spent, hull should have been looking at the top 6, to lose at Plymouth when they should have been going for it isnt a great look!

Not defending them for failing to show up, but the play-offs were all but gone before Saturday.  Would have needed a 7 goal swing to overtake Norwich on goal difference which away to a team fighting for their Championship survival was never going to happen.

As for the loyalty comment someone made - he followed what was best for his career after we had delayed offering him a contract. Given that he played over 360 games at a higher level than we were since then, including over 140 in the Prem it's hard to argue that he was wrong. isn't it?

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hull owner is always good for a quote.

https://talksport.com/football/1859026/hull-owner-acun-ilicali-liam-rosenior-sacked/

Hull won't be able to spend the same amount as his prior jobs, Cooper is linked..surely Hull have burnt through a lot of headroom.

https://www.facebook.com/talkSPORT/videos/1141336480546575/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

That answers my ‘there was more to it’ Q above. Seems he didn’t like Rosenior’s style of football.

Edited by eardun

3 hours ago, eardun said:

That answers my ‘there was more to it’ Q above. Seems he didn’t like Rosenior’s style of football.

This seems familiar.

Asked to expand on how his ideas differed from those of Rosenior, Ilicali said: "I want offensive football. I want an attacking, entertaining team. I said it from the first minute I bought this club."

"My football brain is completely full of a successful and entertaining football style. Liam has a great philosophy but there are different styles of football in the world - Liam's direction can be successful but we want to see different things.

No mention of front foot though. Loser!😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/hull-city-plotting-new-manager-move-for-mark-robins-sources/

Hull apparently after Mark Robins. If true surely he wouldn't leave Coventry for them?

Steve Lansdown will be made up, his golden boy apprentice getting headlines again (just don’t bring up he could’ve hired him 3 times and didn’t)