IGNORED

We’re Recruiting!

8 minutes ago, Unan said:

I’m back doing a Computer Science bachelors at the big age of 29, Data Science is the field I’m looking to work in, this would be a dream job, but for the wages football pays, I’d never work in it!

Where are you doing it out of interest? I did an OU degree in comp sci at a similar age!

10 minutes ago, Unan said:

I’m back doing a Computer Science bachelors at the big age of 29, Data Science is the field I’m looking to work in, this would be a dream job, but for the wages [this] football [club] pays, I’d never work in it!

You sound like Tommy Conway :ph34r:

• Haha 9

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

As I’m sure you’re aware, Yeovil have also recently been given a bit of grief on social media for wanting a full time unpaid medical intern.

Yes, I saw that. Really poor IMO; in theory, there's nothing wrong with the right sort of internship, ie short hours, learning on the job etc but for someone to work FT as an intern is barmy, especially when they asked (from memory) for someone that had experience. No one "with experience" is going to work for nowt five days a week + matchdays.

Not even I'm that stupid. 

8 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Think you hit the nail on the head there. A little like scouting, you'd imagine every man and his dog fancies themselves as a scout but can they really do it at a professional club when stuff gets real?

Asking for too much on your CV will put a lot of people off. 

Exactly

7 minutes ago, Unan said:

I’m back doing a Computer Science bachelors at the big age of 29, Data Science is the field I’m looking to work in, this would be a dream job, but for the wages football pays, I’d never work in it!

Good on you mate.  Way too clever that stuff for me.  Good luck with it too.

I think you make a pertinent point - Data Science versus Football Analyst.  They are poles apart in skillset, activities and expectations...and therefore salary should align accordingly.  Yet, they seem to want Data Scientists for Football Analyst roles.  What City appear to need is people with a good football understanding who can film a match / training session and then pick out the key bits.

Recruitment analyst is different again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Want to stand out? Take a box of 5 1/4 " floppies with you to your interview.

My floppy will remain private thank you very much !!

• Haha 1

I honestly don’t know why anyone would work in one of those roles in football. Or indeed any ops/media role in football, full time. 

The pay is absolutely horrendous, the hours are very unsociable, and you’re near enough working every day of the week. If you whittled down the terrible pay into hours actually worked, I wouldn’t bet against it being below living wage. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Unan said:

Queen Mary

Nice, and good luck - I haven't regretted doing mine for a second. If you ever want any advice or to chat about being a graduate 10 years older than everyone else just pop me a dm some time in the future :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, TammyAB said:

I don't think the technical director will be employing someone he's just blocked on twitter 🤣

I thought Brian blocked everyone on twitter then unblocked them, then blocked them, then unblocked them to tell everyone about himself and then blocked them again. 

Are we all blocked or unblocked right now or is @Davefevs singularly blocked? 

Sorry confused! I have twitted about a dozen times in my life so not down wiv da kids so much except when they want money or Christmas presents of course!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Think you hit the nail on the head there. A little like scouting, you'd imagine every man and his dog fancies themselves as a scout but can they really do it at a professional club when stuff gets real?

I was in the Scouts !!!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, 42nite said:

I wonder how the interview questions will go?

Maybe along the lines of....

Q.   Did you pass your 11 plus?

A.   Yes I did.

Q.   Alright big head, bet you cheated!

A. Yes I did.

32 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I honestly don’t know why anyone would work in one of those roles in football. Or indeed any ops/media role in football, full time. 

The pay is absolutely horrendous, the hours are very unsociable, and you’re near enough working every day of the week. If you whittled down the terrible pay into hours actually worked, I wouldn’t bet against it being below living wage. 

Don’t forget…

• Breakfast & lunch on all training days via a personal contribution scheme
  • Discount in the Bristol Sport store

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t forget…

🤣🤣🤣

Hahahah wtf is that?!?! You’ll get breakfast and lunch….if you pay for it. Isn’t that just called society?!?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t forget…

🤣🤣🤣

What's on the menu ?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Exactly the point I made above.  They ask a helluva lot for what circa 90% of the role will be filming, coding, saving to a database (admin tasks) and presenting to seniors.  Liam Manning does that whilst sat on an exercise bike!!!

You could earn the same stacking shelves in a supermarket. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The industry as a whole just doesn't properly pay "office" staff at any level. All wages go on coaches and players.

The sport as a whole relies on the perceived glamour of the game...and once you see behind the curtain even that is an absolute sham as you say (the hours etc).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The industry as a whole just doesn't properly pay "office" staff at any level. All wages go on coaches and players.

The sport as a whole relies on the perceived glamour of the game...and once you see behind the curtain even that is an absolute sham as you say (the hours etc).

Agreed I saw one of their finance roles being advertised a while ago and for what they were after they were offering 25-30% below the market rate. Seems strange given the low number of roles required and the cash flying around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamdon Mart said:

I known Man Utd’s head scout for the south west and south wales ‘ he’s on minimum wage plus expenses’ sounds glamorous but the hrs are shit and most of the lads he’s recommended utd haven’t even bothered to have a look at .

• Sad 1