IGNORED

How long have you been on here?

Sadly, Iā€™m well over 20 years at this point. Ā I know thereā€™s a couple of ogā€™s that have been here for slightly longer.Ā 

Considering itā€™s just words in a screen, this forum has had itā€™s influential moments - It played its part in ā€œOpening the East Endā€, discontent at a terrible badge change in the naughties and stopping one of the worst football shirts Iā€™ve ever seen around the same period (it was the collar).

Obviously other social media channels have risen in prominence, and now ā€œengagementā€ metrics on the main players are probably Ā the most important metric for clubs media teams. At its height, we had dedicated sub forums, including ā€œAsk SLā€. Ā I canā€™t imagine a club chairman engaging with fans on a forum these days, certainly at a professional club.Ā 

This obviously isnā€™t the only show in town, the Rivals Network was comedy gold for a long time, especially the **pop** era with QPR, Swindon and Plymouth.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 5

27th October 2003.Ā 
But with only 800ish posts, itā€™s a low engagement from me.
Ā 

However the longevity does mean I player in the fans forum game at QEH when Twentyman refereed it.

Ā 

I think from the OLD forum, I also got to do a co-comms on some midweek reserve game at Ashton Gate with Adam Baker. Back when, for some reason, the club did audio of the stiffs online.
Was around the time of the awful 02-03 yellow away shirt launching and it was in the shop that day.Ā 
Ā 

I was incredibly hungover after a midweek night at The Works and everything about the day was a hazy blur.Ā 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

On a more serious note, joined 2010, started really posting summer 2016. Apparently Iā€™m on just over 9000 posts in those 8 years so topping out at 3-4 posts a day. I think Iā€™d call that a ā€œmanageable addictionā€ā€¦

I dare not look at my post count - the majority of which were probably from low paid office jobs in my 20s šŸ˜‚

14 years for me. I rarely post but check the site pretty much every day. Love the knowledge some people have, find things amusing and insightful and have a lot of respect for the majority of posters. I believe all the true city fans are on here šŸ‘

• Like 3

Joined March 2004, so just over 20 years for me. Tend to hide in the shadows and just read posts without logging inā€¦. So that was a surprise to see when I joined!

• Like 1

20 years this monthĀ 

Looking at my post count I can't believe I've subjected forum members to so much bullshit over the years!

• Haha 1

This account dates back to September 2013, but I was posting on here under a different user name as far back as the 2003-04 season. I can remember the meltdown on here as we collapsed dramatically from four points clear at the top to playoff final losers. I also had an account on the rivals.net network from around 2001.