IGNORED

How long have you been on here?

8 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

25th October 2003, but that was when we were given notice to re-register from the previous forum, so well over 20 years in total.

Ah!…….that makes sense. My profile also say October 2003 as well but it seems longer than that.

There have been several upgrades to otib over the years and I’d forgotten that we had to re-register all those years ago so I’m the same as you Nogbad - 20+ years

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

2005 as well apparently, I'm sure I was lurking for a few years before that. 

I miss a few of the more original posters like Nibor who springs to mind

and Dr Faustus

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

October 2003 according to my profile.

Seems longer than that tho.....

Yes, it does! 

:D

• Haha 1

I joined at the start of August 08, second year of uni I think. I'd been reading for a couple of years before that.

From memory it was the Meteb saga that prompted me to finally sign up - "yessir" in a taxi in Cairo... I'm sure a few people remember that! It was Pete Johnson apparently. 

Crazy little saga in retrospect, but we were all on a high (ish) after the previous year. That was a fun period to be a city fan, and on the forum.

• Like 4

I've been here since January 2012 and supporting City since 1965. I rarely post these days, modern football simply doesn't have the appeal that the game once had. Even the antics from Horfield aren't as funny as they used to be.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

So long my first post was written on papyrus.

Papyrus, you call that old? Mine was carved in stone with a chisel when I lived in a cave 

• Haha 1

Just now, pongo88 said:

Papyrus, you call that old? Mine was carved in stone with a chisel when I lived in a cave 

A chisel ?

We could only dream of having a chisel and had to use pieces of (Aiden) flint to carve our OTIB posts in rock  when we lived in the gutter outside of the cave.

Good to see the spirit of MPFC is alive and well!

• Haha 1

I go back to Rivals, @Olé's excellent Netcentre, Adabilladaturfup, Ziderheads, Rivals, especially Two View, and I think the earliest was a CityRovers board on a BT address.

Oh and if course the great day when Ian someone proudly launched the official Rovers forum and it was absolutely inundated with people having a laugh because he failed to put any controls in place, "Dennis Bergkamp" was a prominent first day poster.

He became totally wound up by what had happened to his forum and posted "You stupid, stupid people".

Hilarious 😄

This is a great forum but this, and the internet generally, had more joyful silliness back in the 90s, and I don't remember any trolls, WUMs, or relentlessly negative posters.

Though that could be just because there were fewer of us so you sort of knew everyone.

• Like 3

29th of May 2013. So my OTIB birthday is coming up shortly, what you all getting me? Also it’s a bit depressing realising I was 20 when I joined… time goes too quickly, now I’m freaking out. What a lovely thread, cheers. 

Joined August 2010 but lurked before. Think there was some restrictions put on at that point if you were not a member.
Not posted much but have learnt a lot about our club and football in general from our knowledgeable posters

• Like 1