IGNORED

How long have you been on here?

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think it’s the number of reactions you’ve had. Dont know if it only counts the positive ones (ie you don’t get your reputation “enhanced” by facepalms).

There is a ranking system somewhere and I’m pretty sure Fevs has the highest reputation

Found it:

https://www.otib.co.uk/leaderboard/?time=oldest

Goes back to November 2013 in terms of reputation. @Davefevs is top with 83000 (62000 posts mind - does that man sleep??) and @GrahamC comes in second with a comparatively puny 35000.

Its safe to say Dave isn’t being caught soon!

Edited by Silvio Dante

15 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Sadly, I’m well over 20 years at this point.  I know there’s a couple of og’s that have been here for slightly longer. 

Considering it’s just words in a screen, this forum has had it’s influential moments - It played its part in “Opening the East End”, discontent at a terrible badge change in the naughties and stopping one of the worst football shirts I’ve ever seen around the same period (it was the collar).

Obviously other social media channels have risen in prominence, and now “engagement” metrics on the main players are probably  the most important metric for clubs media teams. At its height, we had dedicated sub forums, including “Ask SL”.  I can’t imagine a club chairman engaging with fans on a forum these days, certainly at a professional club. 

This obviously isn’t the only show in town, the Rivals Network was comedy gold for a long time, especially the **pop** era with QPR, Swindon and Plymouth. 

19 years for me now 

and I’m proud to say I’ve contributed 10.6k posts of pure nonsense :laugh:

Up the City!

11 minutes ago, ciderslider said:

Since 2004 and before on the old forum. Still only 24 posts … that’s about one per year. This is me done for another year! 

Good idea to take a nap

• Haha 1

January 2014, so just over a decade.

Some of my favourite moments have been the incredible Eddie Nketiah thread, Kachina-gate, and October - November 2023 was spectacular as well.

I miss One Team in KeynshamHavanatopia, and Aizoon (thanks @Silvio Dante).

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Found it:

Goes back to November 2013 in terms of reputation. @Davefevs is top with 83000 (62000 posts mind - does that man sleep??) and @GrahamC comes in second with a comparatively puny 35000.

There's a guy in third with a much bigger 'PPG' than Dave though...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

January 2014, so just over a decade.

Some of my favourite moments have been the incredible Eddie Nketiah thread, Kachina-gate, and October - November 2023 was spectacular as well.

I miss One Team in KeynshamHavanatopia, and the hedgehog guy who's username I sadly cannot remember.

Aizoon.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Where is he these days ?

Last visited OTIB in Aug.2020 and last posted over 2 years before that.

Great poster and always came over as a really nice chap.

Seem to remember he was a regular at the same pub - Cat & Wheel? - as @Bristol Rob, so perhaps he knows more?

34 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Last visited OTIB in Aug.2020 and last posted over 2 years before that.

Great poster and always came over as a really nice chap.

Seem to remember he was a regular at the same pub - Cat & Wheel? - as @Bristol Rob, so perhaps he knows more?

He was indeed a fairly often found member of the Cat and Wheel community. He then started spending more of his time watching the cricket and was toying with the idea of moving to Devon or Cornwall.

Since then I have seen him a few times on Gloucester Road, but not in a while. If I bump into him, I'll tell him people have been asking after him.

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Like 6

• Admin
3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Found it:

Wow Silvio, you have absolutely smashed the xRpp!

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

All about behaviours mate 😂😂😂

At this rate, other forums might start putting offers in for you that we, as admin, cannot say no to.

To give us a greater chance of keeping our best local talent, sign up to OTIB Supporter now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ian M said:

At this rate, other forums might start putting offers in for you that we, as admin, cannot say no to.

To give us a greater chance of keeping our best local talent, sign up to OTIB Supporter now.

You'll be fine, they are a paid up member, so at least you'll get a fee for him.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You'll be fine, they are a paid up member, so at least you'll get a fee for him.

18 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He might wind down his contract though and go on a free. We should get compo though as he is club developed.

Guys, stop talking about me like I’m a piece of meat. I’m feeling like Tommy Conway here!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Apparently since 2003, but I remember an old board, a mailing list and various other forums in-between some pre dated this place.

Christ. I have wasted my life.

I don't even care that much.

I remember something in the late 90s.  Jer, Katherine, the cider-drinking squid, etc.

• Like 1

I think @Silvio Dante is a league 1 club forum poster at best honestly. Yes he gets a lot of reactions but his all around impact is weak - local radio, podcasts, tweets, and so on.

Personally I've got my eye on a poster on the Notts County forum. Only made 14 posts so far but I'd hope to see him here this summer or it's another major screw up by Lansdown.

• Haha 8

23 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

2005 as well apparently, I'm sure I was lurking for a few years before that. 

I miss a few of the more original posters like Nibor who springs to mind

What happened to Nibor - he was a good poster.

What happened to the Swedish fella who posted after sinking a few. (Can't remember his name).

Must be a few on here now have changed names over the years?

• Like 1