IGNORED

A Message from Nige to otib

12 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

i had the pleasure of meeting up with Nige tonight for an hour or so.

a few people on here know ive been in regular contact with him and i passed on their well wishes in a card some people have seen.

he has asked me to thank everyone for their well wishes and also asked me to thank everybody on here for their kind thoughts and comments over the past 6 months.

things will be much easier for me now knowing i dont have to keep it a secret. it was a remarkable experience and a friendship i am going to treasure.

he told me he understands why i dont want to go back but says it will always be our club and perhaps my feelings will pass in time but i must keep supporting Liam and the team.

im not repeating any of our conversation so please dont ask but i will say he holds Liam in high regard and wishes him every success. so again i will repeat as he did

THANKYOU EVERYBODY  from Nige.

Thanks for sharing. You are both top blokes!!

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

a few people on here know ive been in regular contact with him and i passed on their well wishes in a card some people have seen.

he has asked me to thank everyone for their well wishes and also asked me to thank everybody on here for their kind thoughts and comments over the past 6 months.

things will be much easier for me now knowing i dont have to keep it a secret. it was a remarkable experience and a friendship i am going to treasure.

he told me he understands why i dont want to go back but says it will always be our club and perhaps my feelings will pass in time but i must keep supporting Liam and the team.

im not repeating any of our conversation so please dont ask but i will say he holds Liam in high regard and wishes him every success. so again i will repeat as he did

Thank you RS how is his health? 

• Like 2

there have been so many heartfelt wishes on here i feel it is only fair that i apologise to all those of you who i did not contact to tell you i would personally pass them on. 

at the time,i did not know how Nige would react to me telling people and wish now id not gone behind peoples backs so i apologise to everyone that i missed out but rest assured he knows now👍 and is truly taken in by it all

• Like 18

20 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

hes good mate, still not as mobile as he would have liked but hes ok and down here on his own unaided. 

he makes a wicked coffee

Thank you, delighted to hear that. 

• Like 1

Interesting post. Like most of us, we were all on Nigel's bus and disappointed to see him leave in ridiculous circumstances and excuses from the hierarchy. 

Good to hear he 'Rates Liam'...

How did this meeting happen...😂

Edited by Tomo
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Thanks for posting this. 
Like most people on here I was shocked and disappointed when he was sacked. 
Nice touch asking us to get behind Manning. 
I wish him (Nige) well - and I DO support Liam and this is no way a criticism of him. I just don’t like the manner of his appointment - like I didn’t like the manner of Deano’s either. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, 42nite said:

Out of interest, does he look at OTIB?

i dont think he does but thats not to say that others werent .

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Interesting post. Like most of us, we were all on Nigel's bus and disappointed to see him leave in ridiculous circumstances and excuses from the hierarchy. 

Good to hear he 'Rates Liam'...

How did this meeting happen...😂

i work on his cars

• Like 1

A classy manager, a classy man.

Wish him all the best personally and professionally and glad that the health of NP is on the mend.

Our hierarchy (not Manning but those above) don't know when they're onto a positive thing and I include the James call in that respect. Arguably King and coaching potential this year overlooked too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 9
  • Flames 4

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

Top work mate. Shame you got to meet in the circumstances you did but every cloud and all that…

Will hopefully have a chance to see him back down the gate one day.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Top work mate. Shame you got to meet in the circumstances you did but every cloud and all that…

Will hopefully have a chance to see him back down the gate one day.

im sure you will,he loves it here and the friends hes made.  hopefully i will be doing his cars for a good few years yet#

i did meet him once before at tesco and asked if he remembered me, i was gobsmacked when he said he did.  

Edited by redsquirrel
  • Like 9

A more genuine man you could not wish to meet.  Absolutely class.  I am a keen walker and would love to bump into him one day on out on the Mendips or in Cotswolds or even better in the pub afterwards for a beer after.

Some of the things life has thrown at him have been a challenge but he seems to be someone that has learned and grown from the struggles he's faced.  It sounds corny, but these can really make you as a person.  

Wish him nothing but happiness and health in the future.  

• Like 9
  • Flames 2

44 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A classy manager, a classy man.

Wish him all the best personally and professionally and glad that the health of NP is on the mend.

Our hierarchy (not Manning but those above) don't know when they're onto a food thing and I include the James Tomlin call in that respect. Arguably King and coaching potential this year overlooked too.

There you are.

FTFY

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I have never experienced , in more than fifty years of supporting the club, a person so motivating and empowering. 
A golden opportunity has been flushed down the toilet but the new coach has a fantastic platform to work from. I wish Manning the best of luck in his stint here however find him difficult to warm to. 

I’m in the same camp Major as I’m sure many of us are.

In SOTC Manning said that he’d inherited a solid bunch of players. That’s very different from the shambles that Nige inherited.

Like many fans I also find Manning difficult to warm to. Hopefully that’ll change as time progresses.

• Like 5

I had no issue with the club sacking Pearson, he had been given time and they clearly wanted to go in a different direction (which is fine) - the way they handled it though was so so poor and the reasoning was embarrassing - he deserved better than the way it was handled. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, Jobi said:

I had no issue with the club sacking Pearson, he had been given time and they clearly wanted to go in a different direction (which is fine) - the way they handled it though was so so poor and the reasoning was embarrassing - he deserved better than the way it was handled. 

absolutely100%, he told me not to make things worse for myself by thinking what if this,what if that. wait and see how it pans out but keep behind the coaching team and the players, it wont be their doing of it goes tits up,all of those are professionals and will being giving 100% to make things work👍

so in a way, ive been told to drop it now which i am quite happy to do 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

Thanks for posting, one question has he spoken to Liam at all ? 

• Like 1

It was nice to have some class about the club for a couple of years or so.

Sadly it always seemed like what he was building was built on sand because of those above him. It seemed inevitable that the class would leave with Nige and his staff, and it has.

Such a shame it was cut short way too soon, we were a couple of months into his first proper season, after he miraculously kept us competitive whilst clearing the crap left behind be previous regimes. 

Glad he's on the mend health wise.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

absolutely100%, he told me not to make things worse for myself by thinking what if this,what if that. wait and see how it pans out but keep behind the coaching team and the players, it wont be their doing of it goes tits up,all of those are professionals and will being giving 100% to make things work👍

so in a way, ive been told to drop it now which i am quite happy to do 

Yes, I saw the other week where Pearson said “its football”, he has been around long enough to know the spin that happens, it’s good that he is ok though and moving on. 

• Like 1