IGNORED

Football Manager

OliOTIB

Anyone got any good saves going ATM?

Or any good youngsters anyone can recommend?

Currently have a save starting unemployed with no badges, got the Havent ans Waterlooville job with them struggling in tier 6 and currently top of the league in season 2.

Eager to find out as I know there are some budding FMers on here.

I’m in the year 2136 on FM21 having won 84 consecutive Premier League titles, 42 Champions Leagues, 44 FA cups and 45 Carabao cups. In total won 249 cups with Bristol City.

Marvin Cornwall scored 616 league goals and 854 goals in all competitions for us including the 2112/13 season where he score 66 league goals & 96 in all competitions (59 games).

We play in 140,000 seater stadium where we average around 134,000 per home game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, grifty said:

I’m in the year 2136 on FM21 having won 84 consecutive Premier League titles, 42 Champions Leagues, 44 FA cups and 45 Carabao cups. In total won 249 cups with Bristol City.

Marvin Cornwall scored 616 league goals and 854 goals in all competitions for us including the 2112/13 season where he score 66 league goals & 96 in all competitions (59 games).

We play in 140,000 seater stadium where we average around 134,000 per home game.

Are you sure it`s not Bristol R*vers you`re in charge of? That`s just normal revision of history for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OliOTIB said:

Anyone got any good saves going ATM?

Or any good youngsters anyone can recommend?

Currently have a save starting unemployed with no badges, got the Havent ans Waterlooville job with them struggling in tier 6 and currently top of the league in season 2.

Eager to find out as I know there are some budding FMers on here.

I started playing unemployed with crap badges too and am with H&W now in my second season!

Just about scraped up the first year in the weird non League playoffs while Yeovil ran away with the league. It's so frustrating that they've already agreed deals to sell a load of good players (like Faal) and replace them with crap. Meanwhile you have 0 transfer budget and a crap wage one so it's kids released from academies and old blokes whose knees might explode at any time only. 

Good fun though. Just looking to stay up this year I think.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Haha.

Do they still have “fog of war” option, where you hide the players stats until you scout them?

Yep. Highly rated. Has scored 14 goals by Christmas.

Tried to sign the midfielder from Lincoln. Can confirm he is a greedy sod and advise City stay well clear!

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Haha.

Do they still have “fog of war” option, where you hide the players stats until you scout them?

Yeah that's on by default. You get a range on some stats now (e.g 10 - 16 out of 20) and others will be completely hidden - depending on how many times you or your team will have seen them etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Haha.

Yes, to varying degrees I think.

If the player is in a league that your club/scouts will have some knowledge of them you might get a range for the stats until you scout them. Not sure exactly how this is determined.

The way I play is attribute masking (their term for it) is turned on, and I can only sign players that my scouts/recruitment team show to me.

I do allow myself to sign players from a club I've already managed if I move though. The way some managers have players they'll sign at multiple clubs.

Likewise I can't search for known good quality scouts, but have to hire ones that apply for the position.

Makes it a fair bit more challenging, and certainly slows progress down.

I did get a freak signing on last year's one though, a 37 year old Brazilian who'd spent most of his career in Russia. Signed for about 40k and scored a dozen goals and got a dozen from the wing and the winning goal in a playoff final then retired.

Edited by transfer reader
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, grifty said:

******* hell lad, here was me thinking 2039 was a long career 

14 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I started playing unemployed with crap badges too and am with H&W now in my second season!

Just about scraped up the first year in the weird non League playoffs while Yeovil ran away with the league. It's so frustrating that they've already agreed deals to sell a load of good players (like Faal) and replace them with crap. Meanwhile you have 0 transfer budget and a crap wage one so it's kids released from academies and old blokes whose knees might explode at any time only. 

Good fun though. Just looking to stay up this year I think.

Let Faal go on a free after he was OOC.

Beckford also left OOC after he wanted 1k a week to resign

Signed a few top midfielders from prem academys after they were OOC. Notably Tyler Pasnik from Gers, scoring for fun next to Ryan Seager.

Idehen and Acey, as well as George Dowling in the squad too, all players who have been released from our academy.

Gone from Media prediction of 14th with the original squad to media prediction of 2nd with the current one, with 4 players in the dream eleven.

3 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I'm perennially stuck in mid table, starved of funds hoping for a change of ownership and technical director.

Might delete my save 😂

Funnily enough, I actually get this problem most saves (bar the tecnikal directum).

Start in National league, work up the ladder and end up a stranded mid table prem side, desperately hoping something happens to finance a tilt at the top 4 and the money that brings. 

9 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Let Faal go on a free after he was OOC.

Beckford also left OOC after he wanted 1k a week to resign

Signed a few top midfielders from prem academys after they were OOC. Notably Tyler Pasnik from Gers, scoring for fun next to Ryan Seager.

Idehen and Acey, as well as George Dowling in the squad too, all players who have been released from our academy.

Gone from Media prediction of 14th with the original squad to media prediction of 2nd with the current one, with 4 players in the dream eleven.

Yeah, in non league I usually just go crazy offering trials to ex academy kids and try and get a squad mostly on 1 year contract together. It's then chaos in the summer as you try and retain a few and rebuild from scratch - but that's basically your only option. 

Faal was decent for me in NL South, but NL looks to be his limit now. Roberts was great too (20 goals, 6 assists) and Wollard-Innocent (17 assists, 3 goals) but doubt they can step up. I picked up Caleb Chukwuemeka who was released by Villa who's doing a good job up front.

This is how the table ended up:

image.png.d3f6eac0a598f3a31b7e80f6a7ba6ec9.png

image.thumb.png.ab945a5ae9d3557146503f47c6d3d35f.png

11 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Funnily enough, I actually get this problem most saves (bar the tecnikal directum).

Start in National league, work up the ladder and end up a stranded mid table prem side, desperately hoping something happens to finance a tilt at the top 4 and the money that brings. 

I've never got as far as the prem from non league, I usually get frustrated in L1 / Champ and want to start again!

I'm not that good at the game though tbh - and I refuse to look up any of the recommended tactics or wonderkids etc. which doesn't help (but feels like cheating if you do)

2 hours ago, grifty said:

If you looked at the stadium at your last Tuesday night game, they might have given the crowd out as 134,000, but actual bums on seats I reckon was about 128,000. 

2 hours ago, grifty said:

Jeez. You must be at least 150 years old! 
How does that work? Do you still take training? And does the avatar have a man-nappy option to help you when you wee yourself? 

2 hours ago, transfer reader said:

Was thinking of starting one with a club in/around Glasgow and try to make them bigger than Celtic/Rangers.

Was looking at Clyde in Scottish League 2 and hoping they aren't part of the sectarian crap that Celtic and Rangers are.

Queen’s Park ? 

• Like 1

Do a West Country save by taking as many teams from the region into the Premier League and establishing them so they are unlikely to go down once you leave.

I did it once on FM21 mobile and after 30 seasons had us, Bath, Torquay and Dorchester Town there!

I bought FM24 for PC and am currently in 2029 with City. The only current player I still have is Jason Knight and I finished 2nd in our second season in the PL, which was pretty unexpected. Lost to Man City on the last day, which meant they won the title, yes I was genuinely gutted...

Once I grow our reputation to the extent where we are likely to remain a PL contender I'll leave and join another West Country team, most likely Exeter but depends which jobs come up really.

Edited by The Nest Egg
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Nest Egg said:

Do a West Country save by taking as many teams from the region into the Premier League and establishing them so they are unlikely to go down once you leave.

I did it once on FM21 mobile and after 30 seasons had us, Bath, Torquay and Dorchester Town there!

I bought FM24 for PC and am currently in 2029 with City. The only current player I still have is Jason Knight and I finished 2nd in our second season in the PL, which was pretty unexpected. Lost to Man City on the last day, which meant they won the title, yes I was genuinely gutted...

Once I grow our reputation to the extent where we are likely to remain a PL contender I'll leave and join another West Country team, most likely Exeter but depends which jobs come up really.

Good idea tbf - imagine if Pep left to join Stockport though 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IAmNick said:

I've never got as far as the prem from non league, I usually get frustrated in L1 / Champ and want to start again!

I'm not that good at the game though tbh - and I refuse to look up any of the recommended tactics or wonderkids etc. which doesn't help (but feels like cheating if you do)

I think the trick at that level is to exploit loans, and then on promotion hope the desperate freebies at are in budget can do a job. 

Unfortunately my approach tends to run out of steam pretty quickly, as those you managed to bag on Championship wages want a hefty rise. 

3 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

I've got a few proper, proper world class regens for City will post them later! 

Last year was the only time ive ended up at city with an ongoing journey man save.

Started at Darlington, controversially moved to Hartlepool after losing in the playoff final with darlo.

Hartlepool were in league 2, and there was a wonderkid named Johnny Mellanby sat in the U21 squad🤣.

Moved him up to the First team and instantly bagging 30+ league goals in League 2 to send us up.

1/2 a season later got offered the city job after nige was sacked sitting 11th, brought mellanby in in january for around 1m, scored 17 goals in that half a season to help us win the playoffs.

Continued to score and ended up bagging 30+ a season for 10 years and winning 4 ballon dors along the way.

Also scored the winner in the 2029/30 Champions league final and the world cup final the same year. Some kid.

I'm about 20 years in on FM Touch.

Spent 14 years at City. Fluked to the play-offs and lost the final season one. Got promoted season 3.

Lost first 10 and failed to win first 15 in Premier League season 4 but scraped survival. Gradually improved in 5 and 6. Reached Champions League Season 7 and 8, took a step backwards season 9 but won the league season 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 along with 3 Champions Leagues and 2 FA Cups.

Resigned in protest when the board refused to give me a 2 year contract extension rather than the 4 years they wanted. Spent two years unemployed then took the England job. Won the Euros then quit because it was an ageing team and it felt downhill from there. Took the Man City job and found myself breaking Bristol City's streak of 8 titles in 9 years. In second year there and currently in first. Not enjoying stopping Bristol CIty's spell of dominance and will try to return if they sack Thomas Tuchel. 

17 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Only done it once but had some mental luck finding a couple of wonder kids. 

Took Bath City from the NLS to win the champions league in 10 seasons. 

Funnily enough always found the League one -> Championship jump much harder than Championship -> Premier league on FM. 

• Like 1