IGNORED

Football Manager

21 hours ago, transfer reader said:

Yes, to varying degrees I think.

If the player is in a league that your club/scouts will have some knowledge of them you might get a range for the stats until you scout them. Not sure exactly how this is determined.

The way I play is attribute masking (their term for it) is turned on, and I can only sign players that my scouts/recruitment team show to me.

I do allow myself to sign players from a club I've already managed if I move though. The way some managers have players they'll sign at multiple clubs.

Likewise I can't search for known good quality scouts, but have to hire ones that apply for the position.

Makes it a fair bit more challenging, and certainly slows progress down.

I did get a freak signing on last year's one though, a 37 year old Brazilian who'd spent most of his career in Russia. Signed for about 40k and scored a dozen goals and got a dozen from the wing and the winning goal in a playoff final then retired.

Yeah that's my approach. 

I've not played for ages now. Had a game last year that was where I hopped around clubs. 

Went from Welling United > Southend > FC Utrecht > Bristol City. 

I managed to get Utrecht into Europe regularly, but never managed to win the league. Took over City in the Championship and got them up via the play offs, but I haven't picked it up since. 

I'll have a look at the changes next year with the change over to the Unity engine. 

21 hours ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Queen’s Park ? 

Started a Clyde one, and ended up having to play Queen's Park in a cup game.

Day before the game they tried to buy my best player which made him agitate for the move. Played the game and got a 1-0 smash and grab win, transfer was about to go through but I had a game against St Mirren that I needed a win to get an unlikely space in the next round so I delayed the transfer for a week.

Lost to St Mirren (kept it down to just 2-0) and went out, the player has gone as well but at least I got a win over a rival 2 divisions higher.

• Like 1

I currently have a championship manager 4 save going. Won division 2 in my first season and currently 2nd in division 1, about 8 games into my second season. You should see the players on my shortlist that I’ll add when I’ve got the funds.

DAC113C4-1B41-4642-A04C-E7C5F99B0778.thumb.jpeg.98f783f23b35492ca0daae7ae176c313.jpeg

I also have a save going from 2015 with a few familiar names picked up cheap along the way.BEB159D0-8083-4077-8910-285411AE0284.thumb.jpeg.7b60f2d255052d995635c7aab68a3aae.jpeg

not a fan of the newer versions too much faffing involved, press conferences every two minutes, players constantly moaning barely get to actually play any matches and when I don’t get much time to play them anyway it’s pointless sitting there for an hour and playing one game.

Pretty sure I’ve had these saves going for at least 18 months and might find the time to do an hour or two every couple of weeks.

• Like 2

I did try repeating my favourite play of all time, trying to get Linfield to be competitive in Europe. The game is supposed to gradual raise the reputation of the league if you do well, though I’m not sure I saw much evidence of that happening. 

It seems much harder to dominate the NI league than when I last tried, so jumped after a couple of seasons when something in England came up. 

I’ve kept an eye on the league since, with Glentorian winning the league 8 times in the bounce. It’s been pretty comical to watch the financial imbalance grow over time, though Linfield and Cliftonville have started to win things. 

It will be interesting to see what the new engine brings because at this point the game feels incredibly stale, and in comparison to other long play games, pretty shallow. 

13 hours ago, Leabrook said:

Some people need girlfriends 

You're a sad/needy person if you don't have any hobbies that don't require your girlfriend to be present. Well, I can think of one you probably have, but I'm not sure I'd class it as a hobby...

• Haha 1

On 16/05/2024 at 20:24, transfer reader said:

Started a Clyde one, and ended up having to play Queen's Park in a cup game.

Day before the game they tried to buy my best player which made him agitate for the move. Played the game and got a 1-0 smash and grab win, transfer was about to go through but I had a game against St Mirren that I needed a win to get an unlikely space in the next round so I delayed the transfer for a week.

Lost to St Mirren (kept it down to just 2-0) and went out, the player has gone as well but at least I got a win over a rival 2 divisions higher.

Best player (Left back who got 20 assists) wanted by a Scottish Prem club for a huge fee.

A whopping £8k.

Top scorer got 33, and was nothing to should about stat wise for even Scottish League 2, except his heading and strength. He scored at least 20 of his goals as headers.

Currently managing FC Osaka in Japan. Took them from the J3 league straight into the J2 league where we've bounced around in the top 5 for the past two seasons. First attempt to get into the J1 league had us sitting 2nd until the last day... Which led to us not winning the play-off finals. Second attempt, we've been top since before the start of the 2nd half of the season, alas, the point difference is getting smaller and with less than 10 games to go until the end of the season, our current form is LWLLXLL. Things do not look good.

Had an interesting week or so in game.

First, my first youth batch of wholly computer generated players came through and one name instantly stood out to me- Kal Naismith!

I then played, in successive rounds of the cup, a Motherwell side managed by Derek McInnes who had Harry Cornick up front, then a Ross County side with Rob Atkinson playing.

Big Rob got man of the match to knock my Clyde side out.

In my third season now. Fluked my way through the playoffs in season 1, had a safe mid table season first year at League 1 and currently the outsiders of 4 teams fighting for 2 playoff spots, although a run of 9 without a win really hurt my chances.

• Like 1

Only just got into this years as I realised it was free with Game Pass

Got City 2nd after 30 ish games and 5th round of FA Cup

Not made many signings, a CB (one for the future) Amad Diallo on loan in Jan, along with Massengo! and signed a striker and sent him back out on loan, as that seemed realistic

Havent Update - Currently 1st in the National League in january with one loss under the belt (to bottom of the league Scunthorpe) and into the 3rd round of the cup where we are to play Huddersfield at home. 

Signed Rafferty Peddar, Noah Chilvers, Tyler Pasnik still scoring goals and Ben Acey has continued his form of 28 goal contributions in the first season into the next. League 2 is calling