IGNORED

Jon Lansdown on Bristol City's leadership structure, his dad's position and Richard Scudamore - Bristol Live

33 minutes ago, Bob Turnip said:

Not at all. Doing interviews is definitely good. No one is moaning about that.

What people are discussing is what was said. That's fair isn't it?  Or do you think just doing an interview is good enough - he could just stand there barking like a dog for 20 minutes and that should be accepted?

It would make as much sense as what he normally comes out with.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

It’s nuts isn’t it. 
We wont employ competent and experienced people because apparently they’re in it for themselves! 
🤣🤣

The embarrassment of finding out Mark Ashton was working on the Ipswich deal and takeover behind their backs still burns the Lansdown's ears bright red , so it's - ' we won't be caught like that again we just won't have a CEO so there!'

• Like 3
  • Flames 4

41 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Does he really understand/ believe anything that comes out of his mouth?

It's pretty clear that many fans on here don't.

I think many now have so much antipathy towards the owner and his hierarchy that JL could announce the most cohesive, well constructed, well thought out and progressive plan and it would be rubbished, just because it came from him.

He's very much damned if he does and damned if he doesn't!

• Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I think many now have so much antipathy towards the owner and his hierarchy that JL could announce the most cohesive, well constructed, well thought out and progressive plan and it would be rubbished, just because it came from him.

But we’re not in that scenario here are we.  This is “pillars” mk2 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

wtf does any of this even mean? Believe it was @Harry who posted some verbatim quotes before, but Christ.

Is he trying to say it’s good not having a ceo (even though we technically do) because all of them have egos?

IMG_7549.jpeg

IMG_7550.jpeg

image.jpeg.82c4d8d4c10e1ae01e31b087fc101575.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

53 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

They're all the right words, but not necessarily in the right order.

It’s definitely words but who put them together?. If only Stanley Unwin was still alive he could be employed as City’s communications director. He could have re-written Jon’s speech and it would have made much more sense - i.e.

“Are you all sitty comftybold two-square on your botty? Then I'll begin.

Now, like all real life experience stories, this also begins once a polly tito, with big daddy Steve and the hissing Sid Tin Man whose lives evolved the ephemeral colour dreamy most, and their deep joy in this being the multicolour of the moon. Oh yes. Their home a victoriana charibold, the four-wheel folloped ft-ft-ft out the back. Now, as eve on his deep approach, his eye on the moon. Alltime sometime deept joy of a full moon scintyladen dangly in the heavenly bode. But now only half! So, gathering all behind him the hintermost, he ploddy-ploddy forward into the deep joy of Premier League  fundermold of the forry to sort this one out.”

Edited by pongo88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Flames 1

I don't understand this alignment stuff too, Manning I think also made reference to it.

Where were we poorly aligned before. If we were poorly aligned then perhaps the hierarchy were the ones in the wrong then.

Alignment is good on paper..but it is possible that you can be collectively aligned in the wrong direction!

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Bob Turnip said:

Not at all. Doing interviews is definitely good. No one is moaning about that.

What people are discussing is what was said. That's fair isn't it?  Or do you think just doing an interview is good enough - he could just stand there barking like a dog for 20 minutes and that should be accepted?

Would make more sense. Not to dogs though, I grant you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Fans absolutely wouldn’t, as seen with Manning’s interview last week. Not everyone cup of tea, but no anrgument  he was Very clear & articulate. 

JL, or even GM, coming out with a cohesive, well constructive, progressive plan…..?!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It’s definitely words but who put them together?. If only Stanley Unwin was still alive he could be employed as City’s communications director. He could have re-written Jon’s speech and it would have made much more sense - i.e.

“Are you all sitty comftybold two-square on your botty? Then I'll begin.

Now, like all real life experience stories, this also begins once a polly tito, with big daddy Steve and the hissing Sid Tin Man whose lives evolved the ephemeral colour dreamy most, and their deep joy in this being the multicolour of the moon. Oh yes. Their home a victoriana charibold, the four-wheel folloped ft-ft-ft out the back. Now, as eve on his deep approach, his eye on the moon. Alltime sometime deept joy of a full moon scintyladen dangly in the heavenly bode. But now only half! So, gathering all behind him the hintermost, he ploddy-ploddy forward into the deep joy of Premier League  fundermold of the forry to sort this one out.”

Love it Pongo :laugh: and for those who don't know who the great Stanely Unwin was who could speak fluent gobbledygook here he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As someone said in another place the problem with rule by committee is that you want to create thoroughbred horses but you end up with camels. I've never been a SL basher, and feel many things have gone awry since he walked away from daily control, but I hold no such reservations about his son Jon who doesn't possess the business acumen of his father and his public relations are frightenly wanting. I just don't have any belief in a man who doesn't deliver on his promises, such as the club's appropriate tribute to Terry Cooper. It's not that long to the 3rd anniversary of his untimely death. How much longer do we have to wait? The 5th anniversary, the 10th?

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't understand this alignment stuff too, Manning I think also made reference to it.

Where were we poorly aligned before. If we were poorly aligned then perhaps the hierarchy were the ones in the wrong then.

Alignment is good on paper..but it is possible that you can be collectively aligned in the wrong direction!

Reminds me of some of those parodies of ‘motivational’ posters I saw years back :

Collaboration: Because None of Us is as Dumb as All of Us. 
Teamwork : A Few Harmless Flakes Working Together Can Unleash an Avalanche of Destruction. 
Irresponsibility : No Single Raindrop Believes it is Responsible for the Flood. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

JL waffles on without saying anything significant or with clarity. Management by committee simply highlights a complete and utter lack of leadership IMO. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks for posting. Had a quick skimread of it.

Scudamlre involvement although nothing formalised or official is interesting, so is this.

Screenshot_20240517-134135_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bd976eb4b8953600b1e61ea708893ecc.jpg

Not involved in the appointment of Manning, hmm? Involved in the sacking of his predecessor presumably but not the appointment of Manning?

We don't know that was the case

17 minutes ago, BigTone said:

We don't know that was the case

We don't- however logically if SL wasn't involved in the decision to appoint Manning as is claimed then he shouldn't have been involved in the decision to sack NP yet surely both would have needed sign off at minimum by the owner?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

As someone said in another place the problem with rule by committee is that you want to create thoroughbred horses but you end up with camels. I've never been a SL basher, and feel many things have gone awry since he walked away from daily control, but I hold no such reservations about his son Jon who doesn't possess the business acumen of his father and his public relations are frightenly wanting. I just don't have any belief in a man who doesn't deliver on his promises, such as the club's appropriate tribute to Terry Cooper. It's not that long to the 3rd anniversary of his untimely death. How much longer do we have to wait? The 5th anniversary, the 10th?

I would go for 40 years 🤦

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We don't- however logically if SL wasn't involved in the decision to appoint Manning as is claimed then he shouldn't have been involved in the decision yo sack NP yet surely both would have needed sign off at minimum by the owner?

I think SL now just “rubber stamps” decisions brought to him by JL & Tinns. 

It’s been clear he’s not interested for a while, but the silver bullet for me was him choosing to watch the Bears as opposed to us away at Cardiff, which ended up being Pearson’s last game. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Trouble is he’s never come out with anything cohesive.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We don't- however logically if SL wasn't involved in the decision to appoint Manning as is claimed then he shouldn't have been involved in the decision yo sack NP yet surely both would have needed sign off at minimum by the owner?

Quite true. Was he involved in the decision to get rid of Nige ?  Can anybody state categorically that he was ?  Why should the owner sign this off ?

• Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I think SL now just “rubber stamps” decisions brought to him by JL & Tinns. 

It’s been clear he’s not interested for a while, but the silver bullet for me was him choosing to watch the Bears as opposed to us away at Cardiff, which ended up being Pearson’s last game. 

I can’t understand why he doesn’t swallow his pride and drop his asking price for the club to something attractive to potential buyers and just leave .

• Like 5

I've been critical of JL often enough in the past but I'm going to give him a bit of a pass here.

I don't think this is the greatest interview of all time by a long shot but I do think it's alright. A bit corporate speak at times, some bits slightly confusingly worded but I don't think the sentiments are terrible, beyond the irony of saying it seven months after sacking a manager who very clearly was not in it for his ego. A lot of it is very obviously related to Phil Alexander and Mark Ashton but, without knowing what happened, I'm not going to say it is inaccurate.

I don't think this interview would be being scrutinised or criticised anywhere near so much if the club's previous botched PR hadn't led to so much existing frustration with Jon Lansdown.