IGNORED

Jon Lansdown on Bristol City's leadership structure, his dad's position and Richard Scudamore - Bristol Live

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

Anyone can sell anything if the price is right. The fact that SL has been taking about selling the club (from before this article) and there have been no buyers indicates to me that his valuation is way off beam 

Personally I think the problem is that he has created Bristol Sport which in my mind doesn't make a sale as likely as say BCFC on it's own because of all the add on's so to speak. Not sure a sale is a viable option just now as a complete package. In saying that maybe an investor in BCFC could be more realistic. Don't know to be honest. Time will tell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

just a bunch of glory hunting ****ts,  everybody was already pulling together,thats why the promising signs were apparent. you would have to be blind if you couldnt see it.

obviously my views are heavily biased now but i will not sit here and agree with any of the previous regime having big egos

Nope. (As in I agree.)

I think Lansdown Jnr confuses having a big ego with knowing what you're doing. Which obviously threatens some people with big egos ...

PS As I've said before, my cousin drove Nige about a lot whilst he was here and can't speak highly enough of him. (Not that I ever doubted other posters findings.)

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

• Admin
22 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Personally I think the problem is that he has created Bristol Sport which in my mind doesn't make a sale as likely as say BCFC on it's own because of all the add on's so to speak. Not sure a sale is a viable option just now as a complete package. In saying that maybe an investor in BCFC could be more realistic. Don't know to be honest. Time will tell.

Completely agree. 

Rugby Union seems to be in financial decline and there is clearly no money to be made in the Flyers until they play at this new arena 

Looking back the idea of having all Bristol sides together made sense but not under one sole owner 

You only have to look at how there was also investment in a squash player (I think) and a car racer, that someone got very carried away 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, noize said:

what an absolute gibberish talking clown. FFS does Steve not a secret love child somewhere that he could pass the club onto? Steve even if your love child is with Gemma Collins i don't mind! Anything but this MORON.

It’s unnecessary to be so rude. 

5 hours ago, downendcity said:

It's pretty clear that many fans on here don't.

I think many now have so much antipathy towards the owner and his hierarchy that JL could announce the most cohesive, well constructed, well thought out and progressive plan and it would be rubbished, just because it came from him.

He's very much damned if he does and damned if he doesn't!

Absolutely spot on. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I know mate - and it's deeply depressing.

At this point, it is history repeating and we're just going around in circles with the Lansdowns, and it needs to stop.

They need to be gone no excuses this is what this football club has become a weak sitting duck.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

Completely agree. 

Rugby Union seems to be in financial decline and there is clearly no money to be made in the Flyers until they play at this new arena 

Looking back the idea of having all Bristol sides together made sense but not under one sole owner 

You only have to look at how there was also investment in a squash player (I think) and a car racer, that someone got very carried away 

That was Miami Gran Prix winner Lando Norris….helped that his daddy was friends with a certain someone.  

4 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Absolutely spot on. 

We won’t know that until it happens. 

14 minutes ago, Street red said:

They need to be gone no excuses this is what this football club has become a weak sitting duck.

I expect Birmingham City fans are delighted with their owners. 

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, bert tann said:

As a mathematician I can see that my days as a school crossing warden are numbered.

Should I apply for the position of Mr Lansdown Jnr’s communications advisor ?

No, you're over qualified.

25 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

You mean when they moved back one and make two forward Birmingham will over take us in the next few years as I said we are a sitting duck. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

36 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

The Lansdowns have run their course IMO.

I thought so a year ago or so, the Summer 2023 onwards did it for me- Scott record fee us one thing but the failure to back, in respect of transfer expenditure, lack of appreciation and contract for manager and his coaching staff.

Then getting rid of CEO, any CEO in fact.

I could go on..

• Like 6
  • Flames 4

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

That was Miami Gran Prix winner Lando Norris….helped that his daddy was friends with a certain someone.  

And it was Dino Zamparelli before that

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The Lansdowns have run their course IMO.

I thought so a year ago or so, the Summer 2023 onwards did it for me- Scott record fee us one thing but the failure to back, in respect of transfer expenditure, lack of appreciation and contract for manager and his coaching staff.

Then getting rid of CEO, any CEO in fact.

I could go on..

I would not think that responsible owners are queuing around the block to spend perhaps £100m and then potentially bung in another £20m or so a year to keep us afloat. 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

I would not think that responsible owners are queuing around the block to spend perhaps £100m and then potentially bung in another £20m or so a year to keep us afloat. 

What makes us such an unattractive proposition then..

It is maybe £10-20m depending, £25m at the very most.

Anything is saleable at the right price. In respect of the equity and cash injections, the Championship is a money pit but that is the price you pay- most clubs have to join the madness to some extent and people buying in should know this.

Yeah the Lansdowns have done good things but all good things must come to an end. The market moved on, if they won't or can't invest to the same level sell up to someone who can at a price that is saleable.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

The most bizarre set up off the pitch in the Championship surely? It’s like we are a local community club! Makes no sense, this is a very concerning piece! SL checked out and not involved in Manning appointment. Tinnion and JL making the decisions!!! 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

The most bizarre set up off the pitch in the Championship surely? It’s like we are a local community club! Makes no sense, this is a very concerning piece! SL checked out and not involved in Manning appointment. Tinnion and JL making the decisions!!! 

Wonder if SL was involved in the decision to make the change or is that down to the brains trust of Tinnon and Jon Lansdown.

Likewise the end of the dedicated CEO.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, frenchred said:

He's like a little kid playing with Daddies brand new trainset. You just know it's gonna derail at some time in the not to distant future

SUAFO

A train set is easy, it's when one starts to build and run a model railway with the complications of connecting the wiring so that it doesn't explode every time one of dozens of locomotives moves.

Lansdown junior is still at the one circular track with only one locomotive on it.

• Like 1