IGNORED

Manning 4th on bookies list for next Norwich City manager ......

16 minutes ago, mozo said:

I guess the dozen or so posters will have to confirm or deny that themselves.

Of course, they won't confirm that they hate LM (especially those that seem intent on taking passive aggressivity to new heights).  But their posts suggest otherwise ....

30 minutes ago, mozo said:

Have you read this thread Noggers? Loads of "I hope he goes" posts. It's hardly supporting him!

I'd be happy if he goes because I see him as a poor fit for City and the fans, but I certainly don't hate him.

• Like 11

37 minutes ago, mozo said:

I guess the dozen or so posters will have to confirm or deny that themselves.

I want SL to move on, but I don’t hate him.  I dislike the way he runs Bristol City, but I don’t hate him.

Even at the point, where if I’d been in charge, I’d have sacked Manning, I didn’t hate him.

Not that I’ve expressed my opinion on this particular thread.

But suggesting “hate” from other posters is OTT.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I want SL to move on, but I don’t hate him.  I dislike the way he runs Bristol City, but I don’t hate him.

Even at the point, where if I’d been in charge, I’d have sacked Manning, I didn’t hate him.

But suggesting “hate” from  other posters is OTT.

The word ‘hate’ is misused by many posters on here Dave. A more appropriate word would be ‘dislike’. 
I don’t ‘hate’ anyone and fortunately I never have. It doesn’t mean that there aren’t some people that I dislike tho.

SL falls into neither category. He’s always been cordial whenever I’ve chatted with him.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't disagree. However my comments were about Manning. I did explain why I had those thoughts. 

Yes there is little loyalty in football and everyone is essentially just passing through. However in my opinion it's likely Manning will pass through quicker than others and that's why I've not warmed to him. 

Not many managers have their career saved and then get given significant funds to spend and then bugger off months later. 

I just think if Norwich come in for LM he goes. Surely we take some kind of payment for broken contract from Norwich. And why not take Wagner ? I see that as three wins for the club.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The word ‘hate’ is misused by many posters on here Dave. A more appropriate word would be ‘dislike’. 
I don’t ‘hate’ anyone and fortunately I never have. It doesn’t mean that there aren’t some people that I dislike tho.

SL falls into neither category. He’s always been cordial whenever I’ve chatted with him.

So you didn't hate Gary Johnson then? You just "disliked" him a bit....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Some wet wipes on here think any disagreement or non alignment with their views, makes you a "hater". FFS.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bang on. And it’s juvenile and reductive. 

The criticism that’s come Liams way has been over his ability to do the job. That’s markedly different from “hating” him but it’s a way for people to say - whenever a critique is made - “Well you would say that you hate him”. 

Has anyone wished ill on him? Nope. Has anyone straight out said they hate him? Nope. Have people questioned the job he’s doing? Yep. Have people said they can’t warm to him? Yep. Have people said that at the first better offer he’ll be off? Yep (and again, there’s nothing wrong with that). But people throwing an accusation of hate around. Christs sake.

FWIW I would lose no sleep whatsoever if Norwich came and took Liam. That looks to be a reasonably common opinion here and is a million miles from “hate”

• Like 9
  • Flames 5

26 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

We can replace him with another Liam who's just recently out of a job and has ties to this place.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

15 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Let him go and bring back Moysie. 

Who is this Liam Moyes you both speak of? 👀

I really don’t understand why some people have such a dislike for Manning, or this idea he should be sacked or they want him gone - he has done an OK job good and bed spells, same as every other manager in our recent history!!! I just find it very strange tbh, not as if he is a bit of a “shit” or anything like that either!

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, Jobi said:

I really don’t understand why some people have such a dislike for Manning, or this idea he should be sacked or they want him gone - he has done an OK job good and bed spells, same as every other manager in our recent history!!! I just find it very strange tbh, not as if he is a bit of a “shit” or anything like that either!

I’d say a very mixed bag and the jury is still out. A decent start of 14 points in 9 then a horrendous run of 13 in 15 (including some awful performances) followed by a good end of season run where the football was bordering on watchable again until Stoke last game (which wasn’t worth getting worked up about unless you gave up your Saturday to travel tbh).

Not a post to have a dig at Manning as I think he is doing a decent job and next season after the squad is tweaked will be the right time to assess him.  That aside, it's interesting to see Oxford's play-off match winner flourish after Liam left. It happens with all managers and to balance things the likes of Roberts, Williams and to some extent Mehmeti have performed better under Manning.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/18/bolton-oxford-league-one-playoff-final-math-report

"Murphy drew the first of many visceral, joyous Oxford roars just after the hour, his strike nicking off Ricardo Santos’s head to beat Nathan Baxter. The second came when Paris Maghoma dallied, and Rúben Rodrigues clipped an inch-perfect first-time pass to find a Murphy run of equal precision. The finish was met by delirium. Pure. Yellow. Joy.

Intriguingly, Liam Manning, Buckingham’s predecessor, did not fancy Murphy one iota and the winger did not start a league match until the pre-Christmas game of musical coaches. He has flourished since."

43 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I’d say a very mixed bag and the jury is still out. A decent start of 14 points in 9 then a horrendous run of 13 in 15 (including some awful performances) followed by a good end of season run where the football was bordering on watchable again until Stoke last game (which wasn’t worth getting worked up about unless you gave up your Saturday to travel tbh).

I agree the jury is still out completely but it doesn’t merit the kind of blunt categorical views that he must be sacked or he is definitely failing. I think saying there are pros and cons and the jury is out let’s see is the reasonable and fair working assumption at this point!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

No way would Norwich sack Wagner who has been there and done it in this leauge by guiding huddersfield to the Premier league and kept them there for a season which was seen as remarkable at the time who also guided Norwich to a play off place only to then appointment manning who has never done it in the championship and who has a recent sacking at leauge one level and who is also still very much learning. The pressure for a learning coach at a club like nowrich would be huge. Plus if manning did go there then I'd hope we would appointment wagner !!! Who's a better coach 

I think you’re about to find that they will replace him with a coach who has LESS experience than Manning. 

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Manning is relatively new to Championship football and it’s taken time for him to acclimatise to the quality, hurl burly and relentlessness of the  fixtures - hence him originally whinging about not having enough time ‘on the grass’ - ummm…it’s the same for every other club Liam………:cool2: 

However - he’ll have adapted somewhat by the end of the season and go into the next campaign with a far greater grasp of what the Championship is about.

Plus……any incoming players will give Manning an entire preseason to work with them and ‘indoctrinate’ them with his methods and style.

I’m not going to praise or criticise him until City are at least 15 games in to next season. By then we’ll have an idea of how things are panning out.

• Like 2