IGNORED

Bolton or Oxford? Oxford Promoted

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought Oxford were very good tactically over the 3 playoff games.  Excellent blocking of passing lanes.  Not hugely adventurous with the ball, but against Peterborough and Bolton (two heavy passing sides) it suited them very nicely indeed.

Nice to have a close away game too.

So has this changed your opinion on Brannigan who by all accounts has been one of their tops performers over these big games? 

38 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Went to the Manor Ground a few times in the past. Looking forward to having them in this league. Fair play to them. Much prefer them over Bolton. 

Hope their Burgers have improved, never tasted any as bad as they were at the MG

22 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

OK, let's make this as painless as possible.

I have 25 apples and put them into two baskets.

Basket 1 has 15 apples in it

Basket 2 has 10 apples in it

Which basket has more apples in it? 

Which basket required the most trees to fill it?

• Flames 1

39 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Here you go with the insults again. 

Its your MO isn't it? Soon as someone calls you out you resort to insults. 

To be fair.........you are called Seagull?  ( I mean that in the nicest possible way...Ha!)        

33 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You tried to frame it in the context that we've spent the majority of the past 25 years in the Championship. I corrected you on that. End. 

But we have spent the majority of the last 25 years in the championship.

There’s nothing to correct there, the original statement was correct

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Two cracking away days for next season added in Portsmouth and Oxford.

Went to the Manor Ground in the mid-nineties when they were in financial trouble. Will look forward to another visit in whatever ground they are playing in.

I went there when we had to beat them to not end the day 24th. Last time we played them in the league? 

21 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Fair play to Oxford. I'm glad they're moving from the awful Kassam stadium though, it's the epitome of everything awful with newer stadiums.

Good on them. 👏👏

Not sure it was their choice to move. Thought the lease has ended ( due to end) and Kassam is refusing to renew it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Went to the Manor Ground in the mid-nineties when they were in financial trouble. Will look forward to another visit in whatever ground they are playing in.

The kassam is one of the most souless grounds there is, the quicker they get a new ground Nd the better.

On a side note, I feel like I've just spent £42 on watching an Oxford training session. 

56 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Out of interest, who do you think we’d be after from Oxford?

Brannagan potentially, if Williams left?

Anyone else?

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he signed Marcus McGuane, especially if Williams follows James out the door

8 minutes ago, tin said:

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he signed Marcus McGuane, especially if Williams follows James out the door

Especially as he appears to be out of contract, whereas Brannagan isn’t.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I went there when we had to beat them to not end the day 24th. Last time we played them in the league? 

I was there that day as well.

1-0 to us, can’t remember who scored but it ended a bad run for us. 3 months later we were up to 5th (iirc) after beating the Gas 2 days before Christmas.

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I was there that day as well.

1-0 to us, can’t remember who scored but it ended a bad run for us. 3 months later we were up to 5th (iirc) after beating the Gas 2 days before Christmas.

Wow I honestly wouldn’t have put those games in the same season! 

44 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah, 2000. Murray winner.

Their GK got pelted with bottles of piss from the away terrace all afternoon.

Denis Smith was their manager that day, and if memory serves the home fans made their displeasure with his tenure pretty clear. He resigned a couple of days after our win there.

Will be nice to see City at a new ground next season. Think Forest Green in the league cup was probably the last ‘new’ ground we played at (counting competitive games only). 

Edit: forgot about West Ham this season! That would obviously be the most recent ground we played at for the first time 

Edited by North London Red

50 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Thank you!

I can see why they call you bird brain now @W-S-M Seagull 🤣 🐤🤯

You have a thing with calling posters thick don't you? Seen you do it quite a few times. Is everything ok? 

You made reference to 25 years to make it sound better than it is. Don't know why you couldn't have just said 15 of the last 25 years. 

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You have a thing with calling posters thick don't you? Seen you do it quite a few times. Is everything ok? 

You made reference to 25 years to make it sound better than it is. Don't know why you couldn't have just said 15 of the last 25 years. 

He said 

“for us who have been in the Championship for most of the past 25 years”

which is 100% accurate. 15 out of 25 is most by some margin (60%). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Didn’t you do a big ‘look at me’ topic about how bad ‘Manningball’ was after the Stoke game and you weren’t going to bother for a couple of years?

That didn’t last long! 😆

Just now, grifty said:

Didn’t you do a big ‘look at me’ topic about how bad ‘Manningball’ was after the Stoke game and you weren’t going to bother for a couple of years?

That didn’t last long! 😆

Haha, fairs. Manningball is bad but not bad enough to miss a good away day.

My issue is with the owners, which was the main reason for not renewing my season.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1