IGNORED

Today's games

Super

14 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It was silent on the tv, incredible really that a club going for their 4th straight title can’t create a bit of atmosphere.

Great team on the pitch, nothing going for them off it 

Seemed to be a great party atmosphere on the pitch.

My experience is that it is totally incorrect to say nothing going for them off of it. Proper fans by and large with an extensive song repertoire. 

Just noticed the size of the gap at the bottom of the premier league , if Forest weren’t docked those 4 points the bottom 3 who all came up last year and have now gone back down , the closest Luton were 10 points adrift just shows the gulf in class

16 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Great effort by Palace in the last 7 games of the season, 19pts from 21.

Sheffield Utd, dogshit football, less than 0.5pts per game, conceded 100+goals, 3rd worst ever PL seasonal performance, and handsomely rewarded for failure.

Probably worse than Derby in some ways as they were stronger ?

Palace bern great - have to hope for their sake they can keep the attacking fit and at the club .

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Seemed to be a great party atmosphere on the pitch.

My experience is that it is totally incorrect to say nothing going for them off of it. Proper fans by and large with an extensive song repertoire

A shame they didn’t utilise that today then!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, redkev said:

Just noticed the size of the gap at the bottom of the premier league , if Forest weren’t docked those 4 points the bottom 3 who all came up last year and have now gone back down , the closest Luton were 10 points adrift just shows the gulf in class

Gap is bigger than ever. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Probably worse than Derby in some ways as they were stronger ?

Palace bern great - have to hope for their sake they can keep the attacking fit and at the club .

The Palace front 3 are truly awesome and would scare every defence in the Premier League, including Manchester City. That one or more of them were injured for most of the season explains why Palace were flirting with relegation. Tough on Hodgson because as soon as they returned, results were amazing. And their chances of keeping all 3 for next season? Extremely slim!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Gap is bigger than ever. 

I don’t think it’s that bad. There were some exceptional circumstances this season for the promoted teams as usually the playoff winners do worst, and that wasn’t the case.

Burnley were undone by Kompany thinking they could play out from the back like they did in the Championship with similar players but in the Premier League. Was never going to happen. Their defence was woeful and their goalkeeping situation suicidal. Plus they couldn’t score. Never likely to be successful with that combination.

Sheffield United were lucky to be promoted in the first place. They were so poor but somehow managed to get results thanks to their loanees. Remember the night time robbery at Ashton Gate where we outplayed them for 85 minutes but their loanee scored 1 goal and they won. So when the loanees left and no one much came in, they were absolutely nailed on for relegation. In my opinion, their team this season was so poor, they wouldn’t even have made the playoffs in the Championship.

Luton were unlucky. They had their own style and recruited well (Barkley, Townsend), they were awkward to play against, but the loss of Lockyer from their defence was the last straw, as they just couldn’t stop conceding. Of the teams coming down, they probably need the least rebuilding to challenge for promotion again.

Do I think all three promoted sides will go straight back down again next season? No. One or two might, but not all three, assuming McKenna stays at Ipswich.

Christ the Klopp speech and montage even got me a bit weepy. I’ve no particular fondness for Liverpool but there is something about the man. I think the English game will be lesser place for his absence. 

My dream Southgate replacement post Euros 🤣

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Gap is bigger than ever. 

Championship was exceptionally poor quality last year, aside from Burnley I personally find it hard to believe Sheffield UTD or Luton get promoted any other year. Also, the season prior all 3 promoted teams stayed up. I don't think we'll see a performance as bad as this by promoted clubs for a while, maybe I'm just a tad too optimistic though.

• Thanks 1

Watched the games at Birkett Tap. 

Sat next to a group of 4 Arsenal fans in ‘retro shirts’

When it came to saying Man City 2-1 one of them went “lads, I’ve actually got goosebumps”

When it went split screen to show Man City won the league they all got up and left without uttering a word. 

Absolutely delicious. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I don’t think it’s that bad. There were some exceptional circumstances this season for the promoted teams as usually the playoff winners do worst, and that wasn’t the case.

Burnley were undone by Kompany thinking they could play out from the back like they did in the Championship with similar players but in the Premier League. Was never going to happen. Their defence was woeful and their goalkeeping situation suicidal. Plus they couldn’t score. Never likely to be successful with that combination.

Sheffield United were lucky to be promoted in the first place. They were so poor but somehow managed to get results thanks to their loanees. Remember the night time robbery at Ashton Gate where we outplayed them for 85 minutes but their loanee scored 1 goal and they won. So when the loanees left and no one much came in, they were absolutely nailed on for relegation. In my opinion, their team this season was so poor, they wouldn’t even have made the playoffs in the Championship.

Luton were unlucky. They had their own style and recruited well (Barkley, Townsend), they were awkward to play against, but the loss of Lockyer from their defence was the last straw, as they just couldn’t stop conceding. Of the teams coming down, they probably need the least rebuilding to challenge for promotion again.

Do I think all three promoted sides will go straight back down again next season? No. One or two might, but not all three, assuming McKenna stays at Ipswich.

If I remember rightly their goal was offside too and I think it was Norwood did a horror challange on Williams. 

With the extreme lack of investment they were always going to really struggle. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What premier league club do you support? 

What a ******* ridiculous question to ask a city fan on this forum? Barely anyone I know has a premier league team. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If I remember rightly their goal was offside too and I think it was Norwood did a horror challange on Williams. 

With the extreme lack of investment they were always going to really struggle. 

Re the "tackles" they got away with last season they were probably undone by VAR this season.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I don’t think it’s that bad

It is, financially teams coming up can spend £100m plus and their squad value can still be £150m shy of the previous seasons 17th. We’ve reached the point when those who come up are unlikely able to compete with those already up. Yes there’s no guarantee that spending money or not really guarantees anything but the percentages are certainly against you in a big way 

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Christ the Klopp speech and montage even got me a bit weepy. I’ve no particular fondness for Liverpool but there is something about the man. I think the English game will be lesser place for his absence. 

My dream Southgate replacement post Euros 🤣

Superb when he got everyone singing the new managers song. He didn't make it all about him and made sure his staff got the appreciation as well. I just can't see him taking over England.

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

It is, financially teams coming up can spend £100m plus and their squad value can still be £150m shy of the previous seasons 17th. We’ve reached the point when those who come up are unlikely able to compete with those already up. Yes there’s no guarantee that spending money or not really guarantees anything but the percentages are certainly against you in a big way 

Not saying it’s easy but it’s not a done deal that those promoted this season will be relegated next. And fortunately it’s the same way round for those relegated automatically getting promoted. On that note, I hope Southampton lose to Leeds so that they can have a derby with Portsmouth, it will upset Russell Martin, and finally it will rain on Rishi Sunak’s parade. Perfect!

5 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Not saying it’s easy but it’s not a done deal that those promoted this season will be relegated next. And fortunately it’s the same way round for those relegated automatically getting promoted. On that note, I hope Southampton lose to Leeds so that they can have a derby with Portsmouth, it will upset Russell Martin, and finally it will rain on Rishi Sunak’s parade. Perfect!

Yeah it’s not a done deal but I feel the scales have certainly tipped a lot from having a good chance of staying up to it being a struggle. The PL are making clubs choose between trying to stay up and being financially responsible with the money they get for going up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This is Arsenal fans, well known for leaving early even if their team is winning so they can avoid the queues on public transport. 

Isn’t that almost every club in the land? I mean we aren’t exactly ones to talk on that front 🤣

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Yeah it’s not a done deal but I feel the scales have certainly tipped a lot from having a good chance of staying up to it being a struggle. The PL are making clubs choose between trying to stay up and being financially responsible with the money they get for going up. 

Yes it’s the hypocrisy and the clear lack of a level playing field when it comes to financial matters that is the hallmark of the Premier League being as near as dammit a “closed shop”. But really that was always going to be the case as it was a breakaway league for clubs wanting to guard their vested interests. And that has only got worse in recent years.

9 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Isn’t that almost every club in the land? I mean we aren’t exactly ones to talk on that front 🤣

Is there a Dolman section at the Emirates? I think we deserve the truth!

4 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

Well that’s that then 😂turned on late and it’s already over.

Lets hope Southgate can get a tune out of Foden this summer.

You just know how that bottler thinks, its Henderson or Dier all the way.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

For this season.

Second highest net spend over the past decade with the highest wage bill.

They spend a bucket load and win everything, it's all rather boring really.

Hard to get excited about today with all those charges hanging over them, if they are found to have broken rules what does it mean for this season?

Pah. Plenty of clubs spend a fortune and end up with nothing (Man U being a prime example). The truth is that Man City are a very well run club. And any young player looking to make it in the game would do well to watch the recent Netflix documentary, as it shows what can be achieved with the right attitude

• Like 1