IGNORED

Where do you live

I have a mate moved to North Bristol  close to the dark side. I also have a contractor who i get on with who is a rovers fan and has a few city fans in his area.

so I was  wondering who live with in a 2 mile radius    of the Rovers Ground and how do they find it 

35 minutes ago, ZumerZetSmithy said:

I have a mate moved to North Bristol  close to the dark side. I also have a contractor who i get on with who is a rovers fan and has a few city fans in his area.

so I was  wondering who live with in a 2 mile radius    of the Rovers Ground and how do they find it 

I lived off Gloucester Road for several years pre-pandemic and can honestly say I never saw anyone wearing gas kit, but saw loads of kids in City gear.

I live in Filton 2.7 miles from the Mem. There are as many, if not more, City fans near me as Gas heads who mostly keep a low profile. One gashead a few doors down from me that I do talk to is sensible and level headed (apart from being a ST holder) and is often critical of the club and team, and disliked Barton as much as we did. 

3 hours ago, ZumerZetSmithy said:

I live very close to the rovers ground. I love Bishopston.  Gloucester Road is brilliant. Great shops and pubs.  And good schools if that’s of importance. 

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, ZumerZetSmithy said:

Is that a ruse to make me put the Mem into my google maps history.  I ain’t falling for it

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

No surprise there's not many Gas in Horfield, it's not their traditional home as it was only stolen in '98.. The Twerton 10 years meant they drew a lot support from East Bristol - Kingswood, Cadbury Heath, etc and Yate with those areas being nearer to Bath. Before that their main areas were Lockleaze, Fishponds, Hillfields, Oldbury Court, St George, Lawrence Hill, etc.

Horfield was never theirs. Still isn't by the sound of it.

12 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

No surprise there's not many Gas in Horfield, it's not their traditional home as it was only stolen in '98.. The Twerton 10 years meant they drew a lot support from East Bristol - Kingswood, Cadbury Heath, etc and Yate with those areas being nearer to Bath. Before that their main areas were Lockleaze, Fishponds, Hillfields, Oldbury Court, St George, Lawrence Hill, etc.

I live in Yate - without doubt more City than gas here 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Is that a ruse to make me put the Mem into my google maps history.  I ain’t falling for it

I did , 3.7 miles so you're outside of the range :thumbsup:

I grew up 5 mins from the Mem and lived in the general area for years. Wasn't impressed when they started squatting but still wore my replica shirts around.

I'm sure the medal is in the post.

• Haha 1

I've lived a stone's throw from the Tinpottery for over 25 years and the Gloucester Road is a brilliant place to be. 

Only one of my neighbours (that I know of) is Rovers, and he doesn't go to games. The various City fans I've known around the area over the years generally did go to the Gate.

And therein lies the main difference. There are more of us, and we actually tend to go and watch our team play. The city is ours. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tin said:

I lived off Gloucester Road for several years pre-pandemic and can honestly say I never saw anyone wearing gas kit, but saw loads of kids in City gear.

When I was in my teens in bs3 had loads of mates from stockwood and knowle and there was a fair few gas there,good lads as well 

3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Done this one before.

St. George was never a Gas stronghold, I grew up there in the 60s/70s, at most it was 50/50.

• Like 1