IGNORED

Where do you live

Used to live in Redland opposite Redland Green until I was 11, then moved to Cornwall due to my Dads job. Now I live in Ross on Wye.

When I was growing up the rest of my family were Rovers fans. I choose to be different 😂

My stepdad’s from North Bristol, big rovers fan, on the periphery of playing for them back in the day but didn’t quite make it. When we moved to Bristol to live with him, we moved to the South of the city. He saw the importance of supporting your local, so would take me and my brother to Ashton Gate to watch City. He handed that responsibility over to other dad’s the second he could, but I am eternally grateful that he did it in the first place.

• Like 4

I'm not sure where i live as some of my bills say Knowle and some say Brislington, when it comes to voting i've always been in Bristol South but for the next election i'm in Bristol East !! 

I am having a severe identity crisis

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

My old boss bought a house that needed doing up right opposite the tannery in about 2007 I think, and letters were coming to the house for old tenants addressed as Ashton gate, within a year, they were coming as lower Clifton, that put something on the value id wager,

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

My old boss bought a house that needed doing up right opposite the tannery in about 2007 I think, and letters were coming to the house for old tenants addressed as Ashton gate, within a year, they were coming as lower Clifton, that put something on the value id wager,

A clever move, my brother bought a house in deepest Withywood and doubled his money when he sold it as "lower Dundry" 🤣

• Like 1

Never lived in Bristol for any significant period of time, but spent most of my life in smaller places around Bristol and North Wilts. My Dad was a City fan (had family in Bedminster and Pill), and so I became a City fan. There's not many City fans in Corsham (not many people in Corsham), but randomly doing a course with another City fan who lives 5 minutes away away from me. 

I grew up in Bath (a short walk from a famous City fan, Rick Marsh) and knew many others who would make the journey to BS3 on a matchday. 

20 hours ago, ZumerZetSmithy said:

I have a mate moved to North Bristol  close to the dark side. I also have a contractor who i get on with who is a rovers fan and has a few city fans in his area.

so I was  wondering who live with in a 2 mile radius    of the Rovers Ground and how do they find it 

Is your name Ernie? Do you come from Barrow Gurney? Or is it because half-term holiday has started?

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Never lived in Bristol for any significant period of time, but spent most of my life in smaller places around Bristol and North Wilts. My Dad was a City fan (had family in Bedminster and Pill), and so I became a City fan. There's not many City fans in Corsham (not many people in Corsham), but randomly doing a course with another City fan who lives 5 minutes away away from me. 

I grew up in Bath (a short walk from a famous City fan, Rick Marsh) and knew many others who would make the journey to BS3 on a matchday. 

Err.... GLORY HUNTER.

• Haha 1

Hanham, it was definitely more blue than red in the 1980s, but never as blue as neighbouring Kingswood was. I would say Hanham has now turned red and Kingswood is 60-40 blue when in the 80s it was probably 80-20 blue.

10 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Hanham, it was definitely more blue than red in the 1980s, but never as blue as neighbouring Kingswood was. I would say Hanham has now turned red and Kingswood is 60-40 blue when in the 80s it was probably 80-20 blue.

I moved to hanham from Briz about 10 years ago & thought it would be all Gas but not found that as see loads more City shirts around. Did get called a shithead and told to **** off back to South Bristol whilst walking through Kingswood High St after they saw my city tattoo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Good lad Ricky...never a dull moment with him around 😉

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ZumerZetSmithy said:

I have a mate moved to North Bristol  close to the dark side. I also have a contractor who i get on with who is a rovers fan and has a few city fans in his area.

so I was  wondering who live with in a 2 mile radius    of the Rovers Ground and how do they find it 

Yeah I live around here.  Closer to the County Ground than the swamp but as a Somerset boy that’s scant consolation!  Other than match day you wouldn’t know the Gas were based around here and even then you’d have to look closely to see them tbf.   No issues at all other than a few years ago when I got screamed at for wearing a red jacket walking past the Oak by a few of their Neanderthals but that was very much a one off and they were evidently off their skulls.  
Drink in ‘their’ pubs on a match day. As long as you’re not a **** about it then alls good. 

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

Good lad Ricky...never a dull moment with him around 😉

Good old Ricky , never seen him sober at any city away game and always very close to getting nicked , loveable rogue ( oh and a bloody nuisance sometimes )

Edited by redkev
  • Haha 1

Grew up in Gloucester and followed City since 1981. (what a ****ing decision was that?!)

Not lived in Glos since 2000. Lived in Crewe, Alrewas, Lullington, Overseal, Burton, and finally Tutbury since 2020. More of an awayday merchant than AG these days.

On 24/05/2024 at 13:54, ZumerZetSmithy said:

1963 - 73 Sefton Park Road. 74 - 77 Parkside Gdns; (Eastville) and then in 77 my parents moved to Crowther Road (Lockleaze). I then enlisted and when I came out in 86 settled in PE2, same post code as P'boro Utd.

Moved to Bristol in 1999. Started supporting the City in 2001.

Now I'm exiled in Mallorca, forced to drink sangria, Mahou, San Miguel or Estrella and watch the live City matches in the local UK sports bar...

only joking, none of that foreign p***, this place has Thatchers Gold on draught and in cans!! God bless Martin Thatcher!!

f9b8b563-790b-499f-96d9-52be55d99ab3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I live in a small town called Aigre in France. Originally my family came from Penge in London so I was saddled with Palace fans at every turn.  We moved to Nailsea when I was very young and my Dad took me to a game at AG between Palace and City. After the game he asked me what I thought to which I answered
"I liked the team in red".  To this day he hasn't forgiven me.  The fact that my 2nd team is Millwall doesn't rest easy with him either.  He's 99 in August so hopefully will understand my stance by then !!  Somehow, though I doubt it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Hanam definitely  red now 😉👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TV Tom said:

I'm not sure where i live as some of my bills say Knowle and some say Brislington, when it comes to voting i've always been in Bristol South but for the next election i'm in Bristol East !! 

I am having a severe identity crisis

It must make you see RED :thumbsup:

Edited by bpexile