IGNORED

what would you be prepared to pay for a England euro 2024 ticket

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Reckon up to £100 depending on the position of the seat 

If that’s would you would be prepared to pay then the fan park it is for you mate :laugh:

I reckon some serious money will change hands for England tickets this year 

• Like 1

I paid £500 for the Denmark semi final at Wembley. This was immediately after the Germany game so was a bit of a risk, they had final tickets for £1000.

That was through the UEFA ticket system too so legit tickets not black market. Disgusting that they are that expensive in the first place though it was worth every penny to me - just a shame we couldn't go on to win the final.

• Like 1

Little chance of a ticket at anything resembling affordable but get yourself to Germany either way - fantastic hosts, great nation. Hamburg, Cologne, Berlin all tremendous visits. Or Frankfurt for the cider. Fan zones and atmosphere will be buzzing throughout.

A long time ago, of course, but I've only done 1 England tournament (Portugal 2004) & it was amazing! Just not had the time or foresight to plan going again since, bit will consider it when my son I'd a little older & maybe take him for the experience - 

Anyway - my story regarding tickets was that we bought some England tickets off of one of the then sales sites (can't remember which) paid about double face value, which we were perfectly happy with & they turned out to be from a City fan, locally.

Bought them, went, loved it - England v Croatia (as a side note, we also picked up other England tickets in the Taxi queue from some Dutch lads)

Anyway, about 15 years later, having seen me posting on here - I got a message from this City fan, saying he'd always regretted "over charging" a fellow City fan for the tickets & insisted on meeting up at Ashton Gate to refund me the money!

I agreed, just to meet up for a beer - what an amazing, genuine gesture!

Anyway - envious of those going to Germany - I reckon it will be a fantastic host nation & the whole tournament experience is like nothing else.

Hope all that are going enjoy it & see some level of England success!

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

2004 was a great tournament and i genuinely felt it was worth the traveling to see Rooney on fire and England playing well. 1992 was a 8 team tournament so I was home after about 8 days du to crap football. 2000 other then beating Germany was not the best and I remember all England fans being allowed to travel back free on Euro star just to get us out of the country. 2012 in Ukraine was a brilliant time and a fantastic country and saddened to see places where we stayed absolutely destroyed. 2016/2020 nothing to really write about other then beating wales in the last couple of minutes in lens ,roll on Germany 

17 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

2004 was a great tournament and i genuinely felt it was worth the traveling to see Rooney on fire and England playing well. 1992 was a 8 team tournament so I was home after about 8 days du to crap football. 2000 other then beating Germany was not the best and I remember all England fans being allowed to travel back free on Euro star just to get us out of the country. 2012 in Ukraine was a brilliant time and a fantastic country and saddened to see places where we stayed absolutely destroyed. 2016/2020 nothing to really write about other then beating wales in the last couple of minutes in lens ,roll on Germany 

Ukraine is definitely my favourite too. Saw all three group games in Donetsk and Kyiv. The Sweden game was particularly memorable. 

I also remember at the France game in Donetsk lots of Russia chants from the tier above us. Little did I know at the time how significant the large Russian population there might be in years to come...though the Lenin statue in the main square was a bit of a giveaway. 

Noel Gallagher live in Kyiv too, with Kammy swaying away behind us!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Nothing. International football leaves me cold especially under Southgate.  

You didn't feel in the slightest bit excited during the last World Cup..?

Bloody Southgate - achieving more/better progress in more tournaments, than any other previous manager...!

I cam agree than all the crappie, meaningless fixtures are an utter waste of time & space, other than game time - but the tournaments still become special & we have been involved in more of them, for longer, under Southgate than under any other manager has ever managed.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

On 25/05/2024 at 19:44, MarcusX said:

I paid £500 for the Denmark semi final at Wembley. This was immediately after the Germany game so was a bit of a risk, they had final tickets for £1000.

That was through the UEFA ticket system too so legit tickets not black market. Disgusting that they are that expensive in the first place though it was worth every penny to me - just a shame we couldn't go on to win the final.

Me and my mate did exactly the same thing! UEFA ticket page about an hour after we beat Germany. I also stuck £70 on Ukraine in the quarters to offset potential Ukraine vs Denmark tickets!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You didn't feel in the slightest bit excited during the last World Cup..?

Bloody Southgate - achieving more/better progress in more tournaments, than any other previous manager...!

I cam agree than all the crappie, meaningless fixtures are an utter waste of time & space, other than game time - but the tournaments still become special & we have been involved in more of them, for longer, under Southgate than under any other manager has ever managed.

No. Given the players at his disposal I think a coach that was more astute could have won both competitions. We led both games, the semi and the final and lost both. I know I'm being petty but I think we should have won both. 

He's done nothing at club level to merit being given the England coach job. He should leave after this year's Euros and learn club management.

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Totally agree about Rooney sticks , he was unplayable at times around that time , I use to be able to get tickets through work for Man Utd home games around that time and for a few years after ( don’t worry not a closet Utd fan but around that time they were at there pomp ) and the chance to see some of those players live and take my 2 young lads , now not so young and staunch city fans now one goes home every game and a lot of away games too , was a chance I didn’t want to miss , watching Rooney live in that Utd side was as good as it gets he gets a fair bit of stick but by god he wasn’t half decent , sometimes don’t think he gets the accolades he deserves

13 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

A long time ago, of course, but I've only done 1 England tournament (Portugal 2004) & it was amazing! Just not had the time or foresight to plan going again since, bit will consider it when my son I'd a little older & maybe take him for the experience - 

Anyway - my story regarding tickets was that we bought some England tickets off of one of the then sales sites (can't remember which) paid about double face value, which we were perfectly happy with & they turned out to be from a City fan, locally.

Bought them, went, loved it - England v Croatia (as a side note, we also picked up other England tickets in the Taxi queue from some Dutch lads)

Anyway, about 15 years later, having seen me posting on here - I got a message from this City fan, saying he'd always regretted "over charging" a fellow City fan for the tickets & insisted on meeting up at Ashton Gate to refund me the money!

Anyway - envious of those going to Germany - I reckon it will be a fantastic host nation & the whole tournament experience is like nothing else.

Really hoping it’s a good tournament, the only thing that slightly concerns me for England fans is the rise in hooliganism in Europe as we know we basically don’t have an England hooligan following just lads on a jolly , and as we know England fans will be out there loud & proud outside bars drinking & singing think this will attract rival supporters to attack the England fans , thinking it’s England hooligans of the past but really it will just be loud drunk lads on a jolly that could easily be in any town centre on a Friday Saturday night or a stag do in Benidorm as some of these foreign ultras ( god  I hate that word ) are pretty organised up for it lads , hope I’m wrong 

11 hours ago, harvey54 said:

No. Given the players at his disposal I think a coach that was more astute could have won both competitions. We led both games, the semi and the final and lost both. I know I'm being petty but I think we should have won both. 

He's done nothing at club level to merit being given the England coach job. He should leave after this year's Euros and learn club management.

Plus he's as dull as dishwater 

On 26/05/2024 at 08:45, Bar BS3 said:

Happen to have gone to the England vs. Croatia game as well. Incredible tournament. Much easier to get tickets back then. Managed to see Germany v Czech Republic, Greece v France, England v Portugal, Portugal v Netherlands and the final thanks to some insane luck in the ballot. Wonderful atmosphere, was in Portugal for 5 weeks. It really was the trip of a lifetime so to anyone thinking about it, go for it!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Club management is pretty irrelevant imo when it comes to international management. Two completely different jobs. 

Lionel Scaloni won the world cup for Argentina 18 months ago. Zero club management experience. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’ll watch the Euros on TV - absolutely no way would I buy an England match ticket. Been there, done that.

Out of interest what away tournaments have you been to ?

15 hours ago, redkev said:

Really hoping it’s a good tournament, the only thing that slightly concerns me for England fans is the rise in hooliganism in Europe as we know we basically don’t have an England hooligan following just lads on a jolly , and as we know England fans will be out there loud & proud outside bars drinking & singing think this will attract rival supporters to attack the England fans , thinking it’s England hooligans of the past but really it will just be loud drunk lads on a jolly that could easily be in any town centre on a Friday Saturday night or a stag do in Benidorm as some of these foreign ultras ( god  I hate that word ) are pretty organised up for it lads , hope I’m wrong 

Sounds all very jolly

16 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Out of interest what away tournaments have you been to ?

World Championship Bowls in Milton Keynes 1996.  Got his ticket as a 60th birthday present.

• Like 1