IGNORED

Tommy Conway Baby

REDOXO

• Admin
8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Thought he should have his own thread rather than a few posts in The Scotland Thread

For anyone living on the moon or Horefield Conway had just been called up for Scotland!

Lots of comments already over here, but understand the point you were making 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Is this the final squad or still just the provisional? I.e can he still be left behind?

My understanding the short answer is yes and he’s in the squad for a friendly pre tournament. The long answer is unlikely!

• Thanks 1

• Admin
28 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I’m suddenly a Scotland fan as well whilst out there now

I wouldn't go that far lol

21 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

My understanding the short answer is yes and he’s in the squad for a friendly pre tournament. The long answer is unlikely!

How many are still in their squad? 

They were two over originally 

20 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Great news and great for our football club 

And Steve’s nest egg.

1 minute ago, Malago said:

Can somebody explain the baby reference in the title please.

It’s our song for him.

Tommy Conway baby. Tommy Conway woaaaaaahhhhhhh

Edited by RedEyez

Some positive words for him from ex-City striker Lee Miller in this article too.

Former Scotland forward Lee Miller told Tuesday's Scottish Football Podcast: "For me, it's a no-brainer.

"Bring him into the environment, see how he gets on with the players, see how he strikes up partnerships and relationships.

"These youngsters in the first team play with the safety catch off, they play with a freedom and they don't tense up.

"I think he'll get thrown in and I don't see why he shouldn't."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cglljld4v0vo

To be honest I am probably more excited about Scotlands first game against Germany than England vs Serbia at the moment.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

I wouldn't go that far :laugh:

How many are still in their squad? 

They were two over originally 

I might be wrong but I assume 27. Ben Doak pulled out and they already had an injured striker so, unless I missed something, they've lost two and gained one. 

Given they've lost two attacking players (albeit one a winger), I'd be surprised if Conway was the player to make way when the final squad is announced. 

First of all - that’s amazing and a huge well done to Tommy. 

From a colder, business perspective, if he’s intent on leaving this is really good for us. A goal or three in the Euros, a few headlines, more money for us.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I didn't know, and am slightly surprised, he only qualifies through one grandparent... 

Yes, a Scottish grandfather.

His other grandfather is from Chard,  mind. And his roots are as Somerset as can be. His great grandmother still gets to home games, although she only has to travel from Patchway - still a good effort when you're 80+, mind.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

His other grandfather is from Chard,  mind. And his roots are as Somerset as can be. His great grandmother still gets to home games, although she only has to travel from Patchway - still a good effort when you're 80+, mind.

Another example of why international call up rules need to change. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

He certainly looks Scottish!

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

His other grandfather is from Chard,  mind. 

13 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Steve Clarke following the Jack Charlton playbook.

10 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He certainly looks Scottish!

He eats Scots porridge oats for breakfast.

Tommy McOnway

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I might be wrong but I assume 27. Ben Doak pulled out and they already had an injured striker so, unless I missed something, they've lost two and gained one. 

Given they've lost two attacking players (albeit one a winger), I'd be surprised if Conway was the player to make way when the final squad is announced. 

They also have 4 gks in the squad so you'd imagine it will be a gk that is sent home. 

Unless Scotland want to take 4 gks, Tommys seat on the plane is confirmed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Listening to the Ian Gay/Tinnion interview and you read between the lines there is a frustration with him re the contract. I can’t see him being here. 

Yes. Tinnions body language was very telling whilst discussing Tommy. 

Last summer Scott went with our best wishes but there seems to be a different feel to Tommys situation. 

I also think that the no 9 we want to bring in, is Tommys replacement. We will of course be happy for Tommy to stay but I don't think we'll bring bring in the no 9 + another striker if Tommy goes. 

22 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yes. Tinnions body language was very telling whilst discussing Tommy. 

Last summer Scott went with our best wishes but there seems to be a different feel to Tommys situation. 

I also think that the no 9 we want to bring in, is Tommys replacement. We will of course be happy for Tommy to stay but I don't think we'll bring bring in the no 9 + another striker if Tommy goes. 

How long did Scott have left on n his contract? I can’t remember.