IGNORED

Missing The Point

Port Said Red

I heard another part of the Tinman interview today and as well as putting the defeat solely to the poor defending at set pieces, he started talking about bringing players in.

He trotted out the stuff about a target man and then made some vague statement about "maybe another position or two needs strenghthening". ;) He didn't seem to sure what was required.

But I still think he is missing the point, it doesn't matter who or how many people he brings in if they aren't given a clear plan to work to. I still think we have a good squad here but they need direction and organising, this is what is lacking at the moment.

Very true, Wilson, even though I hated his boring shower of shiite football, basically went out with two banks of four to make us a solid unit, Tinnion has the majority of that squad still here and only needs to tinker it a little so we play down the flanks more and get numbers in the box when attacking.

He's trying to do too much when their wasn't much wrong last season.

Very true, Wilson, even though I hated his boring shower of shiite football, basically went out with two banks of four to make us a solid unit, Tinnion has the majority of that squad still here and only needs to tinker it a little so we play down the flanks more and get numbers in the box when attacking.

As Mourinho quite rightly said to those who are criticising Chelsea's apparent lack of flair and the tendency to win by the odd goal.

"It's better to win 1-0 than lose 5-4".

Guest RACRED

there was nowt wrong with last season except the fact that we didnt score enough goals.....

Its obvious that if Wilson was still here he would have bought another forward and we would have still had Peacock and probably Brown.

Its bad management the fact that we are in this situation... nothing else

Its bad management the fact that we are in this situation... nothing else

I wouldn't call it bad management its more inexperienced management.Tinnion could turn out to be an excellant manager in time but curently he's making basic errors like changeing the team every week,playing 4-3-3 and naming individual players when they make mistakes.

As Tim Lovejoy might say "its schoolboy errors".

I wouldn't call it bad management its more inexperienced management.Tinnion could turn out to be an excellant manager in time but curently he's making basic errors like changeing the team every week,playing 4-3-3 and naming individual players when they make mistakes.

As Tim Lovejoy might say "its schoolboy errors".

Pretty much the point I was trying to make here

Tinman needs help

there was nowt wrong with last season except the fact that we didnt score enough goals.....

Goals might have helped but the truth is one more win at the likes of AFC Bournemouth last season would have gained us promotion.

So that's actually 'one' goal might have made all the difference should we have won that game 1-0..... oh well history now.

So it was down to not winning enough games????

Spot on!! Normally a manager is sacked cos the team have struggled/relegated or are near the bottom of the league. At the end of the day we were within spitting distance of promotion for the last two seasons - whether you like Wilson's brand of football or not, that is a fact.

So wholesale changes to the team style of play were not necessary - just to be a little more attack minded. At the moment we are looking anything like promotion contenders with essentially the same squad of players.

Archived