IGNORED

Leaving Games Early

Wardie

I still dont understand why some people decide to leave matches 5-10 mintues early, in case they hadnt realised a lot can happen in that space of time in football, the only time i have left a football match early is when we got hammered 6-1 by wolves when in divison 1. I'm sure there will be many reasons why you leave matches early and i expect many of those reason will be utter ######.

So do you leave matches early, and if so why??? It makes no sense to me why people do it ;)

Also the fools who stand at the front of the doleman stopped the ball being returned quickly on saturday when it was played out by a Swindon player. To all these people.......If your going then go ! Dont stand there blockinig the view of people who want to stay! :@ ;)

City fans leave there seat but don't leave, they watch from the front. I noticed they during the "Cheerio" chanting on saturday... Apparently you do this regardless to the the result... I can never understand leaving early... What if crazy things happen! (i.e Hartlepool, equalising against Bournemouth etc)

Guest matalan31

it is mainly in the dolman but i just cant stand it

they do it if we are winning 5-0 or losing 5-0 and it does my head in

have these people never heard of the games versus mansfield, hartlepool, bournemouth etc

i have never left my seat before the final whistle, even when we were losing 6-1 at home to wolves, and i never intend to

have these people never heard of the games versus mansfield, hartlepool, bournemouth etc

i have never left my seat before the final whistle, even when we were losing 6-1 at home to wolves, and i never intend to

Creepy ;)

I never leave early and get out easily enough from the Dolman.

Just climb down through the seats rather than the gangways and your out.

Otherwise it takes 10 min to get out which is a real pain in the neck but if you've paid all that money for a ticket / season ticket i can't see the point of missing the most thrilling & exciting point in the match

Guest bristolbred

Graham Taylor was asking the same question on "Five-live!" during the West Brom/ Villa game yesterday!!. ;)

20 years ago when City first changed the mid-week time from 19:30 to 19:45, i had to miss the last 15/20 mins and taxi it back to Temple Meads for the last train back to Reading.

Used to leave Wycombe away 5 mins early, as it was murder afterwards, taking 2 hours to get to the centre of town.

But normally stay till long afterwards to let the crowds/traffic disperse.

:laugh:

I sit slap bang in the middle of the dolman and leave the evening games 5 minutes before the end, unless there is only a goal in it or we are drawing.

The reason for leaving early is it knocks 45 minutes off my 2 hour drive home.

On Saturdays, I never leave early and go to the superbowl for a drink and if my son is with me for a bit of bowling and wait for the traffic to die down.

I went to see a cracking good film the other day, it was brilliant and probably the best film i've seen in ages but i missed the end as i left early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You wouldnt do this so why leave footy early?

I went to see a cracking good film the other day, it was brilliant and probably the best film i've seen in ages but i missed the end as i left early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You wouldnt do this so why leave footy early?

I dont think however we can count saturday as the football version of some oscar winning epic film of such magnitude it was simply unmissable!!!!!!!

Saturday was more like the footballing equivalent of carry on columbus - which was by the way so appalling bad i did leave quite significantly before the end

Most dont actually leave the stadium ,they just stand at the front and get away earlier after the final whistle cos the gangways get clogged.

Others leave earlier when things aint going good so they can posture as a "reception committee" for away fans (not guilty you honour)

I tend to get down the front of the Dolman as soon as 90 minutes is reached' don't actually exit the ground until the final whistle.

The reason is simply that my 8 year old daughter gets frightened in large crowds and doesn't feel safe walking down the steps when there are so many MUNTERS who thinks it's alright to "squeeze" themselves in to a gap which means others gets jostled.

I remember last season at the brenford home game the old couple in front of me left the game after 68 minutes!! (maybe there eye sight is going and they thought it was 88?) and we were 1-0 up at the time , they missed a brentford equalizer an 88th minute matty hill header to put us back infront and a 3rd from leroy!! Why bother coming in the first place? It ridiculous. It cant be good for the players either seeing all the fans leaving early.

Edit: I forgot the stupidest thing that the old people infront of me did , they left 5 minutes before the end at the hartlepool game!! ;) How stupid can you get.

I have never walked out early from a game, I almost did away at Mansfield cos my bro really needed to get somewhere quick after the game, but we got the penalty just as I was at the exit for the stand. Now it goes down as my favourite game of all time.

I don't think I will walk out early unless it is really really bad.

I never leave early and get out easily enough from the Dolman.

Just climb down through the seats rather than the gangways and your out.

And you have no idea how that annoys me Stylus, waiting to queue to move out the row when you just do that.... ;)

Also the fools who stand at the front of the doleman stopped the ball being returned quickly on saturday when it was played out by a Swindon player. To all these people.......If your going then go ! Dont stand there blockinig the view of people who want to stay! :@  ;)

Hear hear. The cheerio chants always are a negative thing as well. I've mentioned this previously.

People leave their seats early in the Dolman stand because it is so difficult to get out of at the end of the match. The stand is a very poor design with exits at each side.

It would be improved if there were exits also at the back.

I used to stay in my seat until after the final whistle only to find that I am still in the stadium 10 minutes after everyone else has got away. Not so bad after a win, but after a loss...

I leave the seat with 3 mins left and take up an empty seat in the lower part of the stand.

I never leave the game early.

I am sure that 99% of the other "early leavers" do the same.

Archived