IGNORED

Poor Rangers...

ballwinningcentrehalf

As delighted as I am seeing Rangers go out of the Champions League, I'm a bit peeved they have left it to Celtic to try and keep the Scottish Co-Efficient up again.

Bad luck anyways... I bet Prso and Boumsong are chuffed they will be getting the top european football they joined for.. :P

hopefully the misery continues for them this sunday :city:

As delighted as I am seeing Rangers go out of the Champions League, I'm a bit peeved they have left it to Celtic to try and keep the Scottish Co-Efficient up again.

Bad luck anyways... I bet Prso and Boumsong are chuffed they will be getting the top european football they joined for..  :P

hopefully the misery continues for them this sunday  :city:

They really needed this tonight £68 million in debt, it would of been nice for them to get the millions that qualification would of bought. It would of also been good for British Football as a whole.

Bad luck anyways... I bet Prso and Boumsong are chuffed they will be getting the top european football they joined for..  :P

hopefully the misery continues for them this sunday  :whistle:

Well let me be the first to say, Rangers didnt qualify last night basically because they are not good enough, and have a tactically niave manager in Alex McLeish. I have been one of McLeish's biggest supporters, when he came in and won the double then the treble, people believed he could perform miracles. After last seasons capitulation, and the redundancy of all trophy cleaners at Ibrox, McLeish made signings this season which I thought were going to take Rangers back to where they should be. Sadly, for us Rangers fans, we have been lulled into a false sense of security again, and have been bombed out of Europe and dropped in the UEFA Cup, which Hearts & Dunfermline will probably do better in.

After last night game, only Boumsong, Novo(in the first half) and Super Stefan Klos can honestly feel they did all they could. Thompson was ok when he came on, and scored a good goal, but when you see Marvin Andrews being used as a striker, you know your beat. It all couldve been so different, the referee called Novo back for a foul, when if he had let play go on, Novo brilliantly dispatched the ball in the back of the net, and it took me a few minutes to stop celebrating and realise he hadnt gave the goal.

After last nights game I can see two outcomes for Sunday, one is Celtic absolutely run over the top of Rangers and make it 7-wins-in-a-row, which i feel is most likely, or Rangers might actually find a back bone and fight Celtic, and scrap a draw or maybe a lucky win. If i was a betting man, i wouldnt touch Rangers, and would see a home banker for Celtic.

But footballs a funny game, but this Rangers fan isnt laughing. :angry:

Come on then Whitey what about a bet then? Rangers to fail to win a game against The Hoops this season. If I win, you get me a signed Scotland shirt by Lee Miller (or wearing a Celtic shirt online)- if you win.....I appear online wearing a dirty Rangers shirt?

Any other ideas?

Come on then Whitey what about a bet then? Rangers to fail to win a game against The Hoops this season. If I win, you get me a signed Scotland shirt by Lee Miller (or wearing a Celtic shirt online)- if you win.....I appear online wearing a dirty Rangers shirt?

Any other ideas?

Right i will accept this bet that Rangers will eventually win against Celtic this season, be it, League, CIS Cup or Scottish Cup.

If Rangers fail to win a game against Celtic this season, I will post a picture of myself posing with those horrible Green & White hoops on :vomit2:, and I might even crack a smile. :whistle: or if you want to send me a Celtic top up ill get Lee to sign it for you

If Rangers do record a win over the season, then you my friend need to get a Rangers top on and get a picture on this forum, where everyone can see.

:blink:

I dont think it'll be the walkover most fans are now predicting after the moscow game.

After seeing the Novo decision i've gotta agree the ref had a bit of a shocker (advantage, anyone??), i'm not sure Moore should have played though.

I'm just hoping Rangers' best player, Klos, is off form this sunday. I dont know why he doesnt get the plaudits that he deserves outside Scotland, he's world class- and as a Celtic fan I only wish we had been able to have that sort of confidence in our keepers over the last few years..

Oh and I read somewhere today that CSKA are the worst team to ever qualify for the Champions League proper, they have a co-efficent below the likes of Kilmarnock and even St Johnstone!! Although that doesnt tell the whole story (with the investments they have made in recent times, thanks in part to Roman Abramovic) its still a bit of a laugh.

It isnt all doom for the Gers though, we all saw what the Uefa Cup run did for us, and if the Celts go out of Europe early you never know what might happen for Rangers.

On the actual draw, I hope larsson gets a heroes welcome, then gets thumped into the stands by Bobo all night. I'm not looking forward to playing against his ability to win free-kicks though, espcially with the tendency of some of our players to dive in. I know thats been a bit of a pain to Rangers over the years.. it'll be weird to be facing it for once.

Well thats 7 wins against Rangers in a row, slightly unlucky for them as they defended well and could have even snathced a win in the second half, but Alan Thompson does it again!

I thought we played OK, not as good as we can- but missing Sutton was a big blow and Rangers playing so deep meant Camara could'nt get in over the top.

Boumsong looked class, espcially in injury time when he just flicked the ball over Wallace near the corner flag. But Juninho looked a class act as well- not bad considering it was his first match, once he gets into full flow he'll be such an asset.

Special mention to Lennon- he keeps getting better in my eyes, he ran the midfield first half and get things moving during that awful 2nd half spell when Rangers came out of their shells a bit.

Thank god for Agathe though, we could have been 2-0 down after 5 mins without his pace.

Comedy moment must go to Juninho having a bit of a go at Alex Rae first half..

I reckon the next game at Ibrox could be really good, when Rangers started to come forward they looked really dangerous, and their own fans will never be happy with them sitting back for 90mins at home, so we could see a really good attcking game..

Just remains to be said: WHAT A GOAL!

Well thats 7 wins against Rangers in a row, slightly unlucky for them as they defended well and could have even snathced a win in the second half, but Alan Thompson does it again!

I thought we played OK, not as good as we can- but missing Sutton was a big blow and Rangers playing so deep meant Camara could'nt get in over the top.

Boumsong looked class, espcially in injury time when he just flicked the ball over Wallace near the corner flag. But Juninho looked a class act as well- not bad considering it was his first match, once he gets into full flow he'll be such an asset.

Special mention to Lennon- he keeps getting better in my eyes, he ran the midfield first half and get things moving during that awful 2nd half spell when Rangers came out of their shells a bit.

Thank god for Agathe though, we could have been 2-0 down after 5 mins without his pace.

Comedy moment must go to Juninho having a bit of a go at Alex Rae first half..

I reckon the next game at Ibrox could be really good, when Rangers started to come forward they looked really dangerous, and their own fans will never be happy with them sitting back for 90mins at home, so we could see a really good attcking game..

Just remains to be said: WHAT A GOAL!

Well I was scared to come on here as I feared getting slated again.

I watched the full game, and i think thats the first Old Firm game in a while where I have been gutted we didnt take something from the game. Neither team deserved to get beat i dont think. And the game was settled by a moment of magic by Thompson. My mate actually said just before the goal " Thompsons been quiet today " :rolleyes:

Rangers looked good on the rare moments when they did attack, and they had the better chances I feel, but neither keeper was really busy, which is unusual for an Old Firm game.

Juninho was class, and thats a masterstroke from O'Neill. He will win Celtic games single handedly, and he is the only person worthy of filling that number 7 jersey. Boumsong is different class, and I feel 4million offer from Newcastle and Chelsea is ridiculous, this mans a 10million defender easy. He is better than most defenders in the Premiership i feel.

All in all, Celtic didnt deserve to win today i feel, but thats the mark of champions, they have that little spark with makes them winners. And i look forward to the next Old Firm game at Ibrox, but i hope Rangers arent any further behind Celtic by that time.

Unlucky whitey. I think you'll look good in green and white :baa:

To be honest, id look good in anything, even that manky Celtic top ;)

Dont you worry about me mate, theres still 3 Old Firm games to go with the possibility of 2 more in the cups, I think my team will get the victory i need to save my skin.

We were unlucky yesterday to be honest, but better luck next time :ph34r:

Well newspapers today linking us with Saviola, Wiltord (on trial), and McNamee.

Rangers have been linked with former Celtic target Hakan Yakin, who destroyed us in the CLQ round a few years back.

The Saviola story has done the rounds up here, but he seems certain to join Monaco on a years loan rather than Celtic ;) . The McNamee one has had him linked to both Rangers and Celtic, personally dont see what the big thing is about him, but would be a decent squad player in the SPL for any of the two. Wiltord one is the first I have heard of it, and hope its just a rumour :ph34r:

The Rangers one with Yakin, looks like its a certainty to happen. He is desperate to leave Stuttgart, and Rangers have shown interest, and he is desperate to sign for Rangers. Would have been interesting if Celtic hadnt signed Juninho, i think Yakin wouldve been at Celtic Park. Rangers have also been linked with Paulo Counago of Ipswich and Mustafa Hadji ex Coventry&Aston Villa.

The top two in Scotland seem to be getting stronger, just wish Rangers could close this mental complex which seems to stop them from attacking Celtic at Celtic Park. :baa:

It seems now Saviola's switch to Monaco has hit a snag, with him being quoted as saying:

"They [Celtic] have a great history and this is very important for a player.

"Gio (Van Bronckhorst) has always spoken excellently about Scottish football, it is very professional and the supporters are sensational," he said.

"I would not be worried about the aggressiveness of Scottish clubs, in Argentina and or Spain they also make is hard for strikers, for me this is not a problem.

"Celtic is an attractive team, not like Barca, but they are a champion and the supporters are amongst the best in Europe."

Apparently Wiltord has been offered a two week trial, after turning down West Brom because he wanted to play for a team in Europe.

I heard Counago turned down a trial and Hadji wants at least a two-year deal, which looks unlikely after the CSKA defeat.

Both sides have been linked with Gary Naysmith as well, I think we're very short in the left-back department, but Vignal looked pretty good yesterday for Rangers.

Phew, gone to Birmingham. That was a lucky escape. Martin, what you playing at?

Seems we are both delighted that he didnt come to Celtic :city:

Knowing what Martin O'Neill can do for fallen players, he wouldve made Dwight Yorke into a world beater again no doubt, thank god Birmingham got him :grr:

Birmingham, Heskey, Forsell & Yorke, not bad options that :D

To be honest, id look good in anything, even that manky Celtic top :D

:grr:

You were lucky that I was judging you purely on your 'Hotability', and disregarded the fact you are a Rangers fan! Well nobody's perfect I suppose but that is quite a big 'fault'! :D

Saying that you have the best looking player EVER playing for you,even puts Mickey Bell in the shade! :city:

You were lucky that I was judging you purely on your 'Hotability', and disregarded the fact you are a Rangers fan! Well nobody's perfect I suppose but that is quite a big 'fault'! :D

Saying that you have the best looking player EVER playing for you,even puts Mickey Bell in the shade! :D

Didnt know i had signed for Rangers, or that you had seen me play :city::grr:

Which player you refering to Mary?? :D

I was going to post a picture of him on here and see if you recognise one of 'your' players but I can't do it. :grr:

Anyway, the only reson to watch Rangers is...Peter Lovenkrands!!

I think he is still with you??

Is he any good, I don't really concentrate on his playing ability? :city:

I was going to post a picture of him on here and see if you recognise one of 'your' players but I can't do it. :grr:

Anyway, the only reson to watch Rangers is...Peter Lovenkrands!!

I think he is still with you??

Is he any good, I don't really concentrate on his playing ability? :city:

I had a sneaky feeling you were thinking about Lovenkrands.

Yes he is still with us, although he is having a torrid time of it lately.

When he first signed, he was one of our best players, and was constantly scoring against Celtic, which made him a fans favourite instantly. His form has dipped recently, and he is struggling confidence wise.

Maybe we could arrange a meeting for you to give him a pep talk??

And just for you Mary,

lovenkrands03uk-1.jpg

I had a sneaky feeling you were thinking about Lovenkrands.

lovenkrands03uk-1.jpg

Really? That's a bit worrying! I usually like players etc that nobody else does. :city: I guess he is the Rangers Pin-up then is he?

Thanks for the photo though, not sure if I want to 'sort him out', he may find his touch and score against my Celtic again! :grr:

Archived