IGNORED

Target Man

Riaz

He may have scored 6 goals in 5 games but if you look at his profile he hasn't scored goals elsewhere in his career. City are better off with Lee Miller at the moment.

true, but he's a target man and we got lita scoring goals, who could score more playing with him??

but on current form jon parkin could turnout to be a prolific scorer as well as a target man??

He may have scored 6 goals in 5 games but if you look at his profile he hasn't scored goals elsewhere in his career. City are better off with Lee Miller at the moment.

So how does that work?

We don't buy someone who IS a target man and who IS scoring and play a player who ISN'T a target man and who ISN'T scoring?? :angry::(:whistle::angry:

Yep, see where you're coming from there mate!!!

Chance-Jesus-Chance :@  :angry:  :@

give it a rest :angry: , Tinnion can only play with what he has, and although you have made it crystal clear you wouldnt play Miller, you have no say in the matter, end of.

Tins wants to play with a target man, and until the board finance a move for someone else, Miller is the closest thing you have to a target man. Either that or play with 3 smaller strikers, and lump the ball to them, that will work :whistle:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Sorry sag but I think you'll find we are, as the chairmen is paying the fee!

Not only that, but we have the capacity to spend much more, but just don't because it wouldn't make sense to risk the future of the club.

Name me a club that DOES have money to spend that's actually theirs!

give it a rest :angry: , Tinnion can only play with what he has, and although you have made it crystal clear you wouldnt play Miller, you have no say in the matter, end of.

Tins wants to play with a target man, and until the board finance a move for someone else, Miller is the closest thing you have to a target man. Either that or play with 3 smaller strikers, and lump the ball to them, that will work :whistle:

Exactly what I was going to say Whitey :angry:

Guest Neilio

We don't buy someone who IS a target man and who IS scoring and play a player who ISN'T a target man and  who ISN'T scoring?? :laugh:  :laugh:  :blink:  :laugh:

Yep, see where you're coming from there mate!!!

Isn't a Target man? Well what is he?

A Pacy winger?

A Pacy winger?

He's not saying he's not a target man - the point he's trying to make is jon parkin IS a target man and IS scoring goals, whereas Lee Miller is'nt a target man and isnt scoring goals.......I think that was his point.....

give it a rest ;) , Tinnion can only play with what he has, and although you have made it crystal clear you wouldnt play Miller, you have no say in the matter, end of.

Tins wants to play with a target man, and until the board finance a move for someone else, Miller is the closest thing you have to a target man. Either that or play with 3 smaller strikers, and lump the ball to them, that will work :)

Rab, my friend you are in in a force 10 gale there!!! Some people dislike Lee, almost as much as they hate Robbo......fact is a steady run in the team, in place of Lita, and I think we both know he'd do the business, but it aint down to us, its the managers call...............

We paid £150000 for one of the top scorers in this division last season, have tried 4-2-2 and 4-3-3, juggled around the forwards and there is still talk of bringing in a target man.

Despite all of this, from the start of the season Ive seen many posters saying that the forwards can only work with the service they receive, and Ive long thought our main problem lay in midfield. From all the reports , Saturday's result seems to be down to the performance of the midfield, in particular Luke Wilkshire seems to have come back with some decent form and is making things happen. Funny then, that with the best midfield perfromance of the season, neither forward makes it on to the scoresheet.

The crunch now is that, if the midfield gets settled and continues to play as it did on Saturday, Tinnion must quickly find striker pairing. Last season we made enough chances but never finished teams off, we can't afford the same this time around, and we have already given our rivals a head start.

If we are creating chances from midfield then I think Heffernan needs to be given another chance and also Gillespie. I dont think we nbecessarily need a target man - we scored 4 on saturday without one! Lets get forwards who can get the ball in the net regularly.

Rab, my friend you are pi ss in in a force 10 gale there!!! Some people dislike Lee, almost as much as they hate Robbo......fact is a steady run in the team, in place of Lita, and I think we both know he'd do the business, but it aint down to us, its the managers call...............

And the closest thing to Lone Rangers Balls is Silver, but they ain't the same.

Look at the facts:

DW signs him for £325k.Drops him and plays Robbo or Peacock or Rougier.

BT takes over, leaves him out, brings him back and drops him.

We are looking for a target man.

Whilst the closest thing we've got, he simply isn't good enough as he proved last season.

We could not sell him for half of what we paid.

He has cost us £40,000 a goal!

And you Miller fans still back him. :);)

10/10 for loyalty and 2/10 for football knowledge.

A Pacy winger?

I have described LM as something and nothing.

He's not a smaller pacy or tricky guy, like Roberts,Gillespie, Lita or Heffernan.

All of whom would do well next to a big man.

He's not a target man either as he lacks strength.

So what is he?

Well, for my money, he's a waste of £325k which, at the start of last season, would have easily bought Steve Howard!

Please, Please, Please, Lee, prove me wrong and start knocking them in by the bucket full.

I don't think you can and that doesn't really matter,however, neither did DW & FB and BT & KM clearly don't think so either!

give it a rest ;) , Tinnion can only play with what he has, and although you have made it crystal clear you wouldnt play Miller, you have no say in the matter, end of.

Tins wants to play with a target man, and until the board finance a move for someone else, Miller is the closest thing you have to a target man. Either that or play with 3 smaller strikers, and lump the ball to them, that will work :)

Target man arrives this week.

In all sincerity, Lee's best move would be out on loan, either back to Scotland or perhaps League 2 (Yeovil) until he gains the strength and power to go with his ability.

As I've told you before, it's nothing personal,but another game at P.V. and BT drops him.Says it all.Seems to be doing a bit better as a sub.

Target man arrives this week.

In all sincerity, Lee's best move would be out on loan, either back to Scotland or perhaps League 2 (Yeovil) until he gains the strength and power to go with his ability.

As I've told you before, it's nothing personal,but another game at P.V. and BT drops him.Says it all.Seems to be doing a bit better as a sub.

I must have missed the appointment of you as the " know it all " of this forum :) . Ok you have the right to say what you want, but you tone is very condesending, and saying because I'm a fan of Lees, my football knowledge is 2/10, what a load of rubbish.

It seems anyone who disagrees with you on this forum is instantly shot down as being wrong, on the basis that you are always right :@ . Threads such as " Tins, this is what to do!!", who are you to tell him what to do. Infact if you knew as much about football as you seem to do about rhyming off continual stats, you'd be in the running for the Newcastle job.

I dont mind if you dislike Lee, infact I couldnt care less. I just cant wait to see your comments when Lee does the business, and I hope he does it for City!! Although if he had to come back and haunt City, i would see it as justice against you!! ;)

Guest yajrellim

Being lees brother i'm always going to stick by him as i know what he can do.

everyone is entitled to there opinion but instead of putting players down, why not give them all your full support whether you personally like them or not.

Is that not what being a supporter is all about.

My brother always give 100%, that my not always be good enough, but how many assists does he have. he has had a hand in most of lita's goals.

is that not what a partnership is all about, scoring and assisting each other.

IMO lee would be better paired with Hefferman, but lita to his credit has done the buisiness and you cant really argue with that.

Archived