IGNORED

Roberts

blackthorn slice

leave the geezer alone.he gives 110% and works is socks off. :baa: i admit at times he,s looks lazy and wants to break the back of the net but giving a proper run in the team i reckon he would be ok. motm wilkshire,outstanding today. :ph34r:

I'm not booing him.. ;)

Put him in the right place and he will score us goals :city:

Today yielded many postives, against a backdrop of some very poor performances by the team. Wilkshire, Murray and Butler for me, ran the show and well done to them.

I am a Roberts fan. I want him to do well. I often defend him against criticism. Today he was awful. Granted, his quick feet got him in to some good positions, but he is still failing to make the correct decisions at critical times. His shooting was eratic, the obvious lay off, through ball or pass never happened and some of his two footed challenges deserve what they get.

I am aware that there has been a challenge to qualify why people believe he is "poo". Well, these are my reasons and today aptly demonstrated this. I hope he will come again and score vital goals akin to Hartlepool, but he was out of his depth today.

Well done Brian for being brave enough to select that team today, although I am still wondering just which senior players weren't pulling their weight before, in his eyes :ph34r:

Well done Brian for being brave enough to select that team today, although I am still wondering just which senior players weren't pulling their weight before, in his eyes  :ph34r:

May that's just it, a bit of kidology to keep them on their toes??? I was expecting many players to be dropped today and made an example of. The players now have been given the message that they were picked 'cos Tinnion wanted them in the SQUAD, (not just the 12 players actually used today),they have been given the message that they are the 'performers'.Much more positive than slating maybe?

I also noted that Doc was subbed so he had a chance to be applauded and Tins made the gesture of handing the captains armband to coles when Doc departed. Also there was a great show of team bonding at the final whistle with the after match huddle, a la Arsenal so Murray said on the radio. Well if it works for them...

I thought Roberts looked good today, for the record. Don't forget that he has been swopped position-wise again, even if this is his prefered one. He was always harassing their defence and making openings for others. OK he missed chances, but at least he was there to miss the chance, which is more than can be said of some players lately.He was also very unselfish at times, he tried setting up Wilkshire a few times for his Hat-Trick when he badly needs a goal to shut up the boo boys himself.

Roberts was a class act today, a complete handfull for Brentford, he covered every inch of the frontline today, he also did a hell of a lot of work down the wings making it a lot easier for Murray and Wilkshire to get decent opportunities on the ball.

Roberts had an awful lot of the ball today because he was working his socks off all game, making those runs into the channels and finding space for himself to recieve the ball.

He did make a few bad passes, but he more than made up for them with the rest of his game today.

Archived